Man In Love

Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty Four – Man in Love

Yoona could not help but feel bemused of the astounding news by the stylist. She was still debating who was the guy who intended to meet her. To be frank, she was kind of waiting for him to show up but it looked like he wouldn’t. It really drove her crazy, indeed.

“Noona,” Myungsoo started with a cough, “you look edgy. What’s happening?”

“Uhm... actually... I was wondering about the guy,” she enlightened briefly as she heaved a heavy sigh audibly.

“Which guy?” The latter rolled his eyes dubiously.

“The one who wanted to meet me just now but he didn’t show up.”

“Oh,” Myungsoo simply replied, nodding his head in acceptance. “But why you’re thinking about him, noona?”

“I have no idea, Myungsoo... I just... I don’t know...” She shook her head. She had no idea why she was acting like this. The tingling feeling had just seeped in her heart that she felt the urge to know who was the guy.

Myungsoo laughed. “I ever thought you’d be curious about someone that you don’t even know.”

“I know... but he must have known about me,” the elder agreed. “If he didn’t, he wouldn’t have come here just to meet me.”

“Then you should ask people around here in case they happened to come across him while he was here just now,” he came up with an idea.

“You’re right,” she said. Then, she called out a staff that she was pretty familiar when she was around them. “Unnie!”

The particular staff, felt like herself was just being called by Yoona, appeared at them in with a bewildered look. “Did you just call me, Yoona-yah?”

“Yes, unnie.” Yoona nodded promptly. “Anyway, did you know if there’s a guy who was here just now and wanted to meet me?”

The elder seemed to contemplate for a moment before she sluggishly nodded her head. “I suppose... but I didn’t really look at him properly so I’m not quite sure if it’s really him.”

“It’s okay. Just spill the name out, unnie,” Yoona said without hesitation.

“Luhan-ssi, your husband.”

Yoona bit her lip upon her remark. Much to her expectation, it was indeed Luhan. In the first place, she was wondering if it was her husband who came here to meet him but she wasn’t quite sure about it. So she ended up crossing him out.

“By any chance, did you talk to her, unnie?” she asked curiously.

The staff shook her head. “I’m sorry, Yoona-yah... but I didn’t as I was busy with the photoshoot.”

“Oh, that’s okay, unnie,” replied the latter in a pretty disappointing voice. Then, the staff went back to finish her work.

“So, it was Luhan hyung,” the younger then added with a smile. “I wasn’t expecting so, noona.”

Yoona just gave him a shrug. At the moment, she was feeling quite confused of Luhan’s presence at her workplace. If he wanted to meet her, he would have came straight to her earlier. But he didn’t do so. Or he suddenly had things to do at the moment that he needed to change his plan to meet her? Well, that may be right but she could not decide whether her guess was right or not. To confirm, she thought she will have to call him.

Unfortunately, he didn’t accept her call when she attempted to make a call. Even after that, she tried to make countless phone calls, he didn’t bother to take hers. It was not like he switched his cell phone off, though. His cell phone wasn’t out of battery and it was working properly.

“He’s not answering, eh?” Myungsoo asked in concern as he peered at the anxious elder.

Yoona nodded after she shoved her cell phone away on the table in slight exasperation. “He’s not,” she replied, biting her lip.

“Ah, maybe he’s busy or something, I suppose,” the latter randomly guessed.

“If he’s busy, he would at least take my call,” Yoona growled and huffed a sigh of exasperation. She was pretty upset with Luhan, to be frank. How could her husband ignore when she gave him a call? That was so inconsiderate of him, thinking that she was being utterly worried of him. If Luhan were to answer her call, she would love to preach him so hard that he can’t bear to listen.

After a few minutes later, her cell phone rang and instinctively, she grabbed it and flicked the ‘answer’ button without bothering to look at the caller’s name.

“Hello, B!”

Silence.

“B?”

“Uhm, this is not Luhan, Yoona-yah...”

“Joongki oppa?”

“Yes, it’s me, Yoona-yah...”

“W-why on earth Luhan’s phone is with you, oppa?”

“Well... he’s.... currently...”

“Wait a minute, oppa. What happened to Luhan? D-don’t tell me he’s in the-”

“It’s true, Yoona-yah. He has just been rushed to the hospital as he was involved in an accident. You should come here and take a look. He’s now in the emergency room.”

“Absurd! Are you kidding me, oppa?”

“W-well, it’s up to you if you don’t want to believe me. He’s badly injured, Yoona-yah. He was even comatose right until now. You should come see him, Yoona-yah... I’ll text you the hospital’s name-”

Her cell phone had just tumbled down the floor as a result of great shock. Her face went absolutely pale and she gasped for air, thinking it was merely a joke.

***

“Here’s your iced americano, Kai,” Eunji said as she handed his desired coffee before she settled down with her seat comfortably.

“Thanks a bunch,” he muttered softly, taking a small sip of his coffee.

“No biggie.” The elder smiled at him before she sipped hers as well.

“Anyway, Eunji... thanks again for lending me your time for me,” he said appreciatively. “I wouldn’t have called you to meet if Kyungsoo-yah isn’t busy.” To be frank, he needed a company to talk and Eunji was the sole person he had in mind after his best friend, Kyungsoo. He had been utterly busy lately that he couldn’t meet him frequently. Luckily Eunji wasn’t not busy and she could spare him some time.

“I know right.” She chuckled amusingly. “If Kyungsoo weren’t to be busy, you wouldn’t have bothered to meet me,” she remarked teasingly and continued to speak, “so what’s up with you? Kyungsoo’s been talking to me that you seem to be in depression these days. What’s gotten into you, Kai?”

Kai huffed a sigh, considering that Eunji had apparently known about his progression. It must have been Kyungsoo who spilt about himself to her. Anyway, Eunji’s words were undeniably. He had some sort of life problems that he couldn’t share to everyone. He even didn’t tell Kyungsoo about it even though Kyungsoo had been pressing him to spill but he just couldn’t. It was somehow private and confidential to burst out.

Then, he laughed blandly, trying to cover himself up.

“Don’t laugh, Kai,” Eunji snapped, giving him a sharp glare. “Kyungsoo’s right. You don’t seem alright. Tell me what’d happened...”

“Uhm... I... uhm...”

“It’s okay if you don’t want to burst it out, Kai,” she uttered. “But if you want to share with me, I’m all ears.” A significant smile tugged at the corner of her lips as she spoke.

The latter just smiled at her; he didn’t seem to let out his problem to her. He insisted to let it inside solely for himself.

“It’s alright.” Eunji nodded, understood. “Anyway, I hope you’d solve your problem well and don’t be emotional anymore. I’m pretty sure Kyungsoo would be so sad if you’re still back with your past attitude.” She referred it when he was feeling so down in the dumps when Yoona decided to part ways with him all of a sudden.

Kai slightly laughed. “I won’t.”

“That’s good to hear then,” the elder said whilst laughing.

The hearty conversation proc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter