Flashback

Fall for Me?

*IU POV*

Why.... Couldn't i just leave?

Did i have to stay here? With them..? Couldn't i go home?

I wanted to leave Wooyoung. Leave him.. and never have to see him again. but i knew i couldn't; i had to listen to whatever he told me to do for the next... lots of months. Ugh.. Ah, jinjja!! Suzy-ah, you really! JJajingna, jongmal..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Suzy's POV*

Haha, it was really fun, talking to Taecyeon and Wooyoung after the competition, even though we had lost. It was mostly me and taecyeon that talked the whole time; Jieun seemed to be thinking about some other thing, and Wooyoung just laughed and said "Yeah.." every once in a while.

Taecyeon was really funny; he never struck me as that type of guy.. Huh.. I couldn't stop laughing, and got lots of weird stares from the other people in the area.

We were there for maybe half an hour, then i got bored.

"Hey, Taecyeon, do you want go to a zoo or something? I'm so bored... Or maybe we can go to Everland... or maybe CACO No-re-bang (Karoke)? Let's go somewhere..." i whines, using the more aigyo voice i had ever used at once in my life.

"Ugh, what's wrong with your voice all of a sudden? Are you okay?" he asked me, with a disguested face.

"Yah!" I yelled, lifting my fist up, threatening to punch him. " jookeule? (do you want to die?) "

"i was kidding." he said, laughing at my sudden change. " Let's go to.... noli-dongsan (Amusement park). I haven't been there in a while. "

"Call!!" I yelled. "Wooyoung, Jieun-ah, let's go play, okay?" i asked, excited to get to finally have some fun after practicing my dance routine endlessly.

They both nodded, really slowly and weakly, as if they were going to collapse any minute. Aish, those little.. They had no energy!!

I stood Jieun up and linked my arm with hers.. "Jieun-ah, bbali kaja, eung? (lets hurry up and go, okay?) gago shippo... (i want to go...)" i asked, pouting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Jieun POV*

We got out of the place and started walking. Suzy unlinked her arm with mine to run up ahead, excited that we were going.

Honestly, I was excited, and happy that we were going to have some fun. i needed to relieve some of the loads of stress that had been put on me since the competition. but, i wished that Wooyoung wasn't here, so that i didn't have to worry about him.

"Yah,  Suzy! Dont you think this will be really fun?" taecyeon called to her. "it's like a double date, except that we actually would never go out with each other." He laughed jokingly, as Suzy went up to him and started trying to hit him.

I froze... Double... what? d-d-d-dat-date?

No.

Never

I could feel all the blood rush out of my face i the past memories that i never wanted to remember flooded back to me

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\

*Flashback*

I had a crush on him since Elementary School.

The first day I knew him, ever since he sat next to me on the first day of school in America, i had a crush on him.

Every since that day in second grade.

And on valentine's day of the first year in middle school, i confessed to him.

"Hi.. It's Jieun. i know we were friends since we were little kids, and this is probably going to be really weird.. but . I like you. Sorry. ~Jieun"

Cheesy enough to write such a note, and cheeesy enough to even give him a box of chocolates with it.

After school that day, I found a box of chocolates, in my locker. With a similar note attatched. The note seemed to have been white- outed in a couple of places, but it said

"Hi... It's Him. I know we were friends since we were little kids, and this is probably goign to be really weird.. but . I like you. Sorry. ~him"

The butterflies in my stomach rose and i was surprised when someone with strong arms hugged me from the back. I gasped in surprised and the mysterious guy rested his head on my shoulder.

"hey" he whispered. And i realized instantly who he was. It was him. That guy, that i had liked for so many years. That guy that had given me a box of chocolates and had confessed to me, the same day that i had confessed to him. it really was him!

I felt my cheeks getting hot as people started noticing and whispering. He was really popular at our school, and all of the girls went ga-ga over him.

If there was a mini-hallyu wave that consisted of only our school, he would be the main star.

So what was he doing with some low, unpopular and nerdy girl like me? No one knew, but they were jealous.

"Oh, it must just be a friendlt hug. Everyone knows they're just friends." One of the girls said, and all the girls surrounding us let out a small sigh of relief.

"Yeah, why would anyone want to go out with anyone like her, especially him" Another said, partially smirking as she glanced over at me pitifully.

Then, he let go of my waist and turned me around with his strong hands. His laced his fingers around mine, and kissed me on the cheek. Letting go of one hand, he started walking out of the school building, blocking all the girls with an "thats unbelieveable"-face, taking out their cell phones and taking pictures.

He lead me outside and took me to our place. The secret place. It was out music shack. it was so many musical instruments. From my mother and father, all hand crafted. Except for a couple electronis guitars and the brass instruments. We came here often, every weekend if we could. And played. we sang together and played music.

We got there, and i shook his hands off of mine.

"Why'd you do that? Now what are they gonna do? What if they pull out all of my hair or egg me. Maybe they'll even stone me to death!!" I yelled, scared and mad, but happy, happy that he liked me.

"it's okay Jieun. Its fine. Nothing's going to happen. I promise. I'll protect you from them. they're just jealous. no matter what anyone says, you're beautiful. And i like you, for who you are." he said, and he leaned in as he planted another kiss on my forehead.

A couple of days later, they ganged up on me in the hall way, in a dead-end.

They had a couple dozen of eggs, and i was sure i knew what was going to come.

"Who said you could take our oppa? Who are you? And why you? I am so much more prettier than you! I had to go to Germany, GERMANY, and go through so much pain. They dug away at all my fat and bone with their knife, just to make me look prettier. And you know how much my parents suffered? the money that it cost? NO! You would never know. What are you, to have him like you, and not me?" They yelled ,and they started to toss the never-ending supply of eggs at me.

i yelled out in pain as each one hit a new part of my body, and it hurt even more as the eggs hit the already bruised areas of my skin. Suddenlt, i felt someone over me, and the eggs no longer hit me. They were skill being thrown, but none made contact with me. I looked up, and i saw him standing there, his face full of pain.

They gasped as they realized that they had just egged him, and they immediately backed away.

"I told you, i would always be on your side." And i just smiled, and maybe even a tear slid down my cheek

Years went on, and people came to accept  the fact that we were going out. Finally, it was graduation. We would be moving onto high school.

Together, he had promised.

Once the graduation ceremony was over, i got a text from him.

  From- Him

         Jieun, meet me at out place after you get out of the building, okay? I have a surprise for you! I'll be waiting.

I was so excited then. What had he planned. A new song? A surprise party?A cake?

I ran all the way to the place that he had wanted to meet me at.

And i was hit with fear and dread as all of the color drained out of my face.

My parents were tied into chairs, beat up, and scratched all over their body.

DId this have something to do with him? No, no. It was just a coincidence, it had to be. He had prepared something else, but someone had done this, beacuse they knew I had to meet him here.

I shooke my head and cleared the thought of the fact it might be him, as he slowly came to view. He was holding something black and shiny in his hand, and he had a devilish grin on his face.

"Y-Yah... What kind of s-s-sick joke is this?"I asked, as tears started forming in my eyes.

"You think it's a joke? the fact that i had to put up with you, that's a joke! Do you know how much my reputation and popularity went down after i started going out with you. You know, nobody wants to hang out with me anymore? Did you know? I mom stopped getting any customers in that bakery shop of hers that had so much buisiness, because all the girls stopped buying bread there once they knew i was going out with you? Do you know? How much money my family lost, when i bought you meal after meal and present after present. And, so, how are you and your poor family going to pay for it?" he asked me, tears of anger streaking his cheeks.

"I.. don't know" I wwhispered.. "I'm sorry.. i don't know. I didn't know. You didn't tell me. I didn't know.." I said, as i dropped to my knees and started crying.

"Of course you didn't know! You were too busy worrying about yourself! Do you have even the tinest care for anyone else? Are you really that stupid? i would've never went out with you if you were that stupid. NEVER! WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID!?! IS YOUR BRAIN MADE OUT OF ROCK? iS THAT WHY YOUR HEAD IS SO HEAVY AND FAT?" he yelled.

There was a little quiet moment as both of us just let what had just happened sink into our brains.

"You have to pay....with them" he said, as he pointed whatever he was holding at my parents.

Only now did i realize what it was. It was a gun.

"If there's nothing, pay with them. " he said. His head was lowered, and his finger slowly started to tug on the trigger.

"NO!" i screamed, but my voice was drowned out by the sound of the gun.

And instantly, my father was dead. The father that had always been there for me. The father that helped me through everything.

"NO!! STOP IT. STOP!" i cried out in agony and pain as i thought of how i could never see my father again.

"jieun-ah... " my mother spoke to me, and i could tell she was using all the strength she could muster. "Jieun-ah.. your father and i always loved you, and we always will.." She choked out slowly.

"Even if we leave you know, we'll always be by your side, forever. Don't forget. I'm sorry. i'm sorry that were leaving like this. I'm sorry were giving you so much pain."

"Umma...." i said, and her eyes met with mine for the last time, forever, before he drew the trigger again. And she was also gone.

I cried my eyes out and screamed. Both of my parents were dead now. They were gone. Killed by the person that i had trusted and loved the most outside of my family.

"You...how could you! I trust you and I... I..." i couldn't say it.

Even after what he had just done, i just couldn't. i could never.

I wanted to hated him and tell him that i hated him, but i couldn't. My lips wouldn't form the words that i wanted to tell him, though my mind knew what to say.

After all of this, did i still like him? Was it possible?

I realized it then. The chocolate in the locker on that Valentines day. it was the same one that i bought him.

The wrapping was torn a little on the left side because my sister was about to open it, and the note had been whited-out as he replaced my name with his.

He didn't even bother to buy my a valentine. he never liked me..

I fled, ran for my life, away and away from our secret place. As far as i could go

*End Flashback*

"Ja-Jason..." I whispered, as i lost consciousness and hit the ground.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! Long chapter.. Tell me what you think!