New Girl

It's Just Another Love Story [Hiatus]

Previously on It's Just Another Love StoryThe end of the day and it was home-room. “Jong-in” Mr. Kang started, “You have detention again today. When are you going to learn?” Jong-in just sulked in his chair like a little kid making a pouty face while D.O. and Sehun gave him teasing looks. “As for you” Mr. Kang continued, “I know you’re a new student but that’s not tolerable, Jamie.” “Yes, Mr. Kang” a girl said from the back of the class. Jong-in turned around to see the girl he saw at the cafeteria.

_________________________________________

 

It was finally the weekends. Jong-in arrived home right after an hour of detention, sulking on the sofa in the living room. “Oh Jong-in. Staying late after school again?” his father said, sitting beside him. Tao and Jong-in had obvious similarities all except Jong-in’s dark brown hair which was obviously from his mother. But no matter how much he looked like his father, Jong-in didn’t look as intimidating as him. He had a softer look like his mother. Basically, Jong-in looked like his father but had personality traits like his mother. Although, in the past these few days, Jong-in became more and more like his father back when he was in college.

“Detention again, huh?” his father said, putting his arm around him. Tao was a laid back father. He understood everything Jong-in went through because he had done far worse when he was a kid. He knew that whatever Jong-in did wouldn’t be as worse as him since Jong-in acted more like his mother- well composed and calm. Jong-in nodded. His father laughed and just nudged him softly. “Well, whatever it is, I hope it has nothing to do with Seungri. Mr. Lee.”

Jong-in sighed but Tao simply laughed and ruffled his son’s hair. Jong-in knew that Mr. Lee must’ve talked to his father before he arrived home. “Jong-in” his mother came in, “Your uncle Suho will be free today so we’ll see him for dinner tonight. Get ready.” “He’s back in town?” he asked excitedly. He always enjoyed uncle Suho’s company.

He made his way to his room and switched on Like A Bird by FT. Island and started changing. Jong-in had Korean blood as his mother was half Korean. He started singing along to the song as he changed into a cleaner but still casual look. His uncle Suho was his mother’s half-brother. Suho’s mother passed away when he was a kid and his father re-married an American lady, Michelle’s biological mother.

===

They all arrived at the restaurant where Suho was waiting patiently with a menu in hand. After he had spotted them entering, he stood up with a big smile. “Sis!” he greeted Michelle with a big hug. He turned to Tao and gave him a big handshake and a hug. He turned to Jong-in last and gave the kid a big hug. “Hey champ!” he greeted. Jong-in returned him a hug. “Hey uncle Suho!”

Suho was a very busy man. He was a well-known orthopedic surgeon. He did a lot of surgery, all minor and major bone injuries. Jong-in looked up to him. He thought of being a doctor but even the mere thought of it scared him.

The family had a nice dinner and a good conversation when Jong-in gets a message from Sehun and D.O. in their whatsapp group chat.

 

The gang
Sehun, D.O., You

Sehun:
Jong-in! I saw the new girl at the
arcade playing your favorite game.          [7:30 PM]

Sehun:
After she left, I checked the game.
She beat your high score!                          [7:30 PM]

D.O.:
Hahaha! I saw it too! Damn, Jongin!        [7:31 PM]

 

[7:31 PM]            Ok.

 

Jong-in just sighed and put his phone away. Suho, however, noticed Jong-in’s reaction. “Michelle, I haven’t hung out with Jong-in for a while and I’m leaving early tomorrow morning. Do you mind if I take him to the mall for a little while?” “Not at all, Suho-oppa. Just bring him home by 10:30 PM” his mother said, softly ruffling Jong-in’s hair. He smiled at her and back at Suho, not knowing what Suho would say to him. When his parents left, he waved goodbye at them like happy little kid.

Suho looked teasingly at Jong-in. He was busily waving at his playful father who was walking backwards waving at his son. Suho laughed and asked, “Girl problems?” When his parents arrived at the car, Jong-in’s face flushed red and shook his head violently. “No no no! Why would you think that?” Suho laughed and led Jong-in to his car. “Let’s talk about it at the mall. Your friends are there, right?” Suho asked. Jong-in, still a bit flustered, just nodded. He thought about the message from his friends. Who is that new girl?

 

  A/N: My editor for the whole story is icemugwump. Thank you!