A new friend

It's Just Another Love Story [Hiatus]

 

Previously on It's Just Another Love Story: Jamie finished her dance with one powerful move. She looked at the door straight at Jong-in’s eyes for a split second before he hid behind the door.  he muttered to himself. He froze there, leaning on the door, hoping and praying that she hadn’t seen him. His heart pounded and just when he decided to leave, the door flung open and Jong-in fell back hard on the ground.

_________________________________________

 

Jamie stared at Jong-in while Jong-in stared back in embarrassment. Jong-in sat up and hid his face. He was so embarrassed and didn’t have a clue of what to do next. Jamie chuckled as she walked around him, extending her hand to him. He looked at her, still very embarrassed and held her hand. She pulled him up and helped him to dust off the dirt on his shirt.

“What are you doing here, Jong-in?” she asked. He looked down and scratched his head. “Uh, well… I heard music so I just followed,” he said, still not looking at her. “Ah…” she replied, “Um…” There was an awkward silence. “Sorry,” Jong-in muttered. Jamie chuckled again, shaking her head and she headed back inside the room. “You don’t have to be sorry for anything.” She picked up her bag and said, “Going home?” Jong-in just nodded.

The two walked home together and it was slowly getting dark. Jong-in looked up and then at Jamie. “I’ll walk you home,” he mumbled. She looked at him with a confused look. Before he gave her a chance to reply, he continued, “It’s really dark, I can’t let a girl go home alone.” Jamie smiled and replied, “Thanks for your concern, Jong-in but I can take care of myself. I live really close by too.”

Jong-in wasn’t satisfied with the answer and he stubbornly shook his head. “No, Jamie. I won’t be able to sleep if something happens to you because I carelessly accepted that type of answer,” he said with a smile. She smiled back and nodded. “Thank you!” she replied.

In that 15-minute walk from the school to Jamie’s house, they learnt a lot of things about each other. Jong-in’s favorite part was when he found out Jamie was a big fan of Maroon 5, Ne-Yo and Ft. Island. He learnt that she was born in New York but, when she was 6, she moved to Paris. Jamie, like Jong-in, had Chinese and Korean blood. Her mother was a Korean and he also found out that her mother had passed away when she was a little kid.

“I’m sorry about your mother, Jamie,” Jong-in said. She shook her head. “It’s fine. I think about her a lot but in a more positive way, you know” she said. Jong-in smiled. She was a strong girl and he was very impressed with the way she was.

“We’re here!” she said. Jong-in looked at the big house in shock. It wasn’t the house he was shocked about since he had a big one as well, but the fact that his house was just 5 minutes away really got to him. “Jamie, my house is 5 minutes around the block” he said, still not looking away from the house. “Really?” she asked, surprised, “How come I never see you around?” He shrugged and looked at her. “I’ll see you in class tomorrow, then” he said. She nodded and entered her house. She gave Jong-in one last wave and walked inside. Jong-in walked on towards his house.

===

The week passed quickly. It was already Friday. Jong-in was happy that he made a new friend. “Jong-in!” D.O. said. “What?” Jong-in replied impatiently, trying to finish his English homework. Jong-in was always last minute with his assignments, especially English. “Have fun with Key tomorrow night” he mischievously said. Sehun started laughing and said in his monotone voice, “That sounds wrong.” D.O. gave him a erted, creepy look, moving his eyebrows up and down. “I know.” “Shut up! I’m trying to finish this!” Jong-in spat. Both D.O. and Sehun started laughing.

“Good morning!” Jamie said. Jong-in looked up with a smile. “Good morning!” Jamie passed by and walked at the back of the room to her seat. “What was that about?” Sehun asked. Jong-in continued with his homework. “Oh, I made friends with her since Mr. Kang put us in detention together. I’ll introduce you guys to her at lunch time.”

Both Sehun and D.O. clapped hysterically. “es!” Jong-in muttered. Sehun and D.O. automatically put their arms around Jong-in. D.O. smiled and said, “I know. We three are the most awesome es in the world.” Jong-in just rolled his eyes and laughed. Sehun and D.O. were Jong-in’s best friends since kindergarten. To Jong-in, Sehun and D.O. were the best of the best.