A Date?

It's Just Another Love Story [Hiatus]

 

Previously on It's Just Another Love Story: Jong-in hid his face and sighed. He didn’t want to show how upset he was, especially because he had no idea why he was this upset in the first place. D.O., still not looking away from the screen, didn’t have to look at Jong-in to know. He already knew what his own best friend was feeling. “I’ll make sure she’ll show up in the game this Wednesday, okay?” D.O. said sweetly.


 

 

Chapter 22: A date?

The second game for the Blue Panthers was just around the corner. Jong-in, again, was excited and nervous for the game. He was more anxious about seeing Jamie at the game or not. He sat in the locker room with the rest of the team. They were all very anxious for the second game. They had heard their rival team had easily beaten another team in their first game, 4-0.

“Ready, Jong-in?” Luhan asked while tying his shoe-laces. Jong-in gave him a smile and a nod. Jong-in knew that Jamie was getting tutor from Luhan. “So, how’s Jamie doing with her Math?” Jong-in asked casually. Luhan raised an eyebrow which caused Jong-in to blush slightly. Luhan laughed and replied, “She’s doing great. Much better when she first started last week.” Jong-in couldn’t help but smile.


 

After the cheerleader’s cheer, the school commentator announced the Blue Panthers’ entrance. The boys ran towards the field to meet their opponents, the White Lions. The two teams shook hands and then started the game. Before starting, Jong-in looked around the bleachers. Naturally, he saw D.O and Sehun, without Jong-in’s parents there this time, but with Jamie. Jong-in smiled widely the waved at the three of his friends. The three waved back enthusiastically and cheered with all their energy. Jong-in was very happy.

The whistle blew and the game started. Minho started the game by kicking the ball towards his team and the real game started.


 

After the game, the school commentator announced, “With the final score of 3-1, the Blue Panthers win!” The whole team exploded into cheer as well as the whole crowd. Minho has done it again. He had a guaranteed winning goal at the last minute.

D.O., Sehun and Jamie ran towards Jong-in, giving him a group hug. “So proud of our defender!” Sehun said excitedly.  “Thanks guys!” Jong-in said happily. They all let go of each other. Jong-in was directly standing in front of Jamie. “Thanks for coming, Jamie, really. You don’t know how much it means to me.” Jong-in said with a warm smile.

Instantaneously, Jamie wrapped her arms around Jong-in. “I’m sorry, Jong-in! I didn’t know it meant so much to you. I should’ve joined in the cheering on Monday! I was so caught up in the music room with Key that I had lost track of time and only Key reminded me of the game. When I arrived there, you were gone!” she said swiftly. Jong-in smiled and hugged her back. “It’s okay, Jamie. It’s really alright.”

Jamie didn’t let go. All she thought was trying to make it up to Jong-in. “I’ll make it up to you guys!” she said. “I can’t, I have to baby sit my sisters” D.O. said, looking at the time, “Speaking of which, I have to go. I’ll take Sehun with me!” “Yeah, I was going to go with you anyway.” Sehun said monotonously. “Okay…” Jong-in managed to say, “Bye guys!” The two quickly ran off.

“I’ll make it up to you then.” Jamie said. Jong-in looked at her. “It’s okay, Jamie, it really is.” “No, let me do this, please.” She said softly. Jong-in just gave her a warm smile and nodded. “Okay. Okay.” Jamie smiled. “You won’t regret it, Jong-in!


 

Jong-in swiftly stole a French fry from Jamie’s tray. “Hey!” she said, laughing. Jong-in laughed. She grabbed his arm and took a huge bite off his cheeseburger. “Jamie! Why would you steal someone’s cheeseburger?” he managed to say. She giggled and chewed quickly. The two laughed and enjoyed the rest of the day eating and playing video games at the mall.

Jong-in walked Jamie home. “Jamie, thanks for a wonderful day.” he said with a smile. She smiled and nodded. “Thank you as well, Jong-in. I enjoyed today.” The two looked at each other with a smile. “Ooooh, daaaaate!” a voice from afar shouted, teasingly. The two blushed and turned to see D.O. and his younger twin sisters, Aly and Ann walking their dog. Jamie looked at Jong-in. “I have to go, my dad’s going to see you guys and get suspicious. Bye!” With that, she ran inside the house.

Jong-in walked with D.O. towards Jong-in’s house. “It’s not like that, okay?” Jong-in said. “Yeah!” his two twin sisters said. “You’re just siding with Jong-in because you have a kiddy crush on him!” D.O. said laughing. The two girls blushed and giggled among themselves. “The point is, you obviously have some kind of spark with her.” Jong-in instantly blushed. “I don’t! Get that in your head.” Jong-in said a little too violently. “Okay okay, Mr. Ants in his pants! No need to get irritated.” D.O. said playfully. “Besides,” Jong-in muttered, “I have these two!” He patted Aly and Ann on the head. The two girls just giggled with joy.