A normal Tuesday

It's Just Another Love Story [Hiatus]

Previously on It's Just Another Love Story: Jong-in ran up to the bleachers and sat at the very top, overlooking the enormous soccer field of their school. It was empty and he could see the sun set behind the trees that were surrounding. He took in a deep breath and after a minute or two, he decided to head back home.

_________________________________________

 

 

Jong-in sat inside the music room by himself. It was already Tuesday after school, punishment with Mr. Kang. He looked at the clock. 10 minutes after 4 PM and neither Mr. Kang nor Jamie arrived he thought. He turned his gaze towards the piano sitting in the middle of the room. Jong-in hesitated for a moment, then walked towards the grand piano. He touched the keys softly with his fingers. He sat up straight, took in a deep breath and played.

Jong-in played the piano softly. He hasn’t played the piano for so many years and there he was, sitting in front of one and playing it. He had a piano at home but he had given it up a long time ago. As his fingers pressed every key, Jong-in felt more and more complete.

When he finished playing, he quickly closed the piano and turned his whole body, still seated on the chair, but his back facing the piano. He looked at the clock again. 15 minutes and still none of them arrived yet Jong-in thought impatiently. Suddenly, Mr. Kang hustled into the room. “Sorry I’m late you two!” Jong-in looked around and saw no one else. Before he could correct Mr. Kang, Mr. Kang looked at the corner where the drums were sitting. “Jamie, get up” he said, making his way to the CD player.

Jong-in flushed red as Jamie rose from behind the drum set and made her way beside Jong-in. He hadn’t realized she was in the room the whole time while he was waiting. “Okay” Mr. Kang said, taking out two papers. He gave them the papers and put the CD in the player. “Since recently I’ve discovered that Jamie can dance well” he said, eyeing Jamie who looked down in embarrassment, then moving his gaze at Jong-in, “And of course, Jong-in, I know you can dance. So, I’ve chosen this song for the both of you.” Mr. Kang played the CD player.

Jong-in and Jamie started singing along immediately. Mr. Kang smiled. He knew that they would know the song. When the detention session was over, Mr. Kang left the room quickly. “You play well, Jong-in. The Classic is a great movie.” Jamie said, tying her shoe laces. Jong-in smiled at her. She stood up and returned a smile. “You play well, too” Jong-in said, “UP is one of my favorite movies!” Jamie laughed.

They walked together towards their lockers. Both Jong-in and Jamie were well acquainted. “Jong-in! Football, now!” Luhan shouted from across the hall. Jong-in said goodbye to Jamie and ran towards Luhan. “Who’s that?” Luhan asked. Jong-in smiled and replied, “Oh she’s a new student in my class.” Luhan smiled and led Jong-in to the football field.

Xiumin waved frantically at the two approaching boys. “My defender!” Xiumin shouted, putting his arm around Jong-in. “About time,” a tall, thin boy harshlly said. It was Minho, one of the popular boys in SHINee. Both Taemin and Minho from SHINee were in the football team. Seungho, who is two years above Jong-in, a senior, was their captain. Seungho was this big built guy and one of the best players in the school.

“Drop it, Minho” a voice said calmly. Another big built guy, the same year as Seungho, appeared beside him. “He’s part of the team now” the guy said. It was Byung-hee, Key’s older brother. Minho looked away but Taemin gave Jong-in an embarrassed smile as he pointed at Minho and mouth a sorry. Jong-in returned an equally embarrassed smile and gave a smile nod. Of all of SHINee, Taemin and Onew seemed to be the only ones who were very friendly. It wasn’t as if the other 3 weren’t, they were more reserved and straight-forward that always came off rude looking.

Seungho picked up the ball and passed it to Jong-in. “Here you go, Jong-in” he said with a smile, “You start off.” Jong-in caught the ball. Everyone ran to their positions. Jong-in kicked the ball to the other side and their practice started. A month left till their final game with their rival school and the boys trained hard to beat them again this year like they did last year. Jong-in was excited that he was finally going to play rather than watch this time.

===

 “Bye Jong-in!” Xiumin and Luhan said in unison. Jong-in gave them a shy smile and waved at the two boys. The team had left the field back to school, leaving Jong-in sitting alone, watching the sunset again. He got up and walked to the lockers again. He was packing his stuff but was caught off guard when he heard loud music. He quickly packed and followed the music.

The music led him to the school dance studio room. He peeked inside to see Jamie dancing. He stared at her flawless movement. He hasn’t seen anyone in school dance as well as her. Every beat, every powerful move got Jong-in excited. As Jamie danced, the more Jong-in wanted to dance. He could feel his muscle wanting to move. He couldn’t believe she not only sang Maroon 5’s song for their forced audition, she was now dancing to a song featuring Ne-Yo. He was a fan of both Maroon 5 and Ne-Yo.

Jamie finished her dance with one powerful move. She looked at the door straight at Jong-in’s eyes for a split second before he hid behind the door. he muttered to himself. He froze there, leaning on the door, hoping and praying that she hadn’t seen him. His heart pounded and just when he decided to leave, the door flung open and Jong-in fell back hard on the ground.