Best friends’ cheer

It's Just Another Love Story [Hiatus]

Previously on It's Just Another Love StoryBoth Sehun and D.O. clapped hysterically. “es!” Jong-in muttered. Sehun and D.O. automatically put their arms around Jong-in. D.O. smiled and said, “I know. We three are the most awesome es in the world.” Jong-in just rolled his eyes and laughed. Sehun and D.O. were Jong-in’s best friends since kindergarten. To Jong-in, Sehun and D.O. were the best of the best.
 


***

 

 

Chapter 13: Best friends’ cheer

It was lunch time. The 3 boys sat at their usual spot- far away from SHINee’s table. It wasn’t that they hated them. It was always too crowded around their table that the trio found it suffocating. “Jong-iiiiiiiin,” Sehun said in a lazy monotonic voice, “Where’s your new friend?” “Don’t be so impatient!” Jong-in said impatiently. D.O. and Sehun laughed, knowing that Jong-in himself was the one who was getting impatient.

Meanwhile, Jamie was by the lockers. “Ugh! Math…” she muttered. A tall girl leaned beside Jamie’s locker and smiled. “You’ll do better, Jamie,” she said softly, “You just need to study hard.” Jamie nodded with smile. She was happy that she had met Bom. Bom was this tall girl. She had long dyed golden brown hair. She had pretty facial features. Bom was a strong looking girl but deep down inside, she was lonely. She couldn’t believe that someone as nice as Bom did not have many friends.

Jamie closed her locker and walked towards the cafeteria with Bom beside her. “You know what?” Bom snapped excitedly, “I know someone who can tutor you!” Jamie just laughed, entering the cafeteria to hearing loud noises. “It’s always very noisy in here, isn’t it?” Jamie asked, staring at SHINee. Bom nodded. She was busy staring at the corn in the distance.

Jamie continued to look at the group of boys. They were obviously a handsome group of boys, and from what she had heard, very smart. They were all good in sports and were musically inclined. Jamie focused her gaze on one particular guy. His bangs were partly covering his hair as he was concentrated on a book. Jamie had to squint to see the title but she actually didn't need to. From the yellow cover, she knew it was The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

“What are you looking at?” Bom asked, trying to follow Jamie’s gaze but was interrupted by D.O. shouting. “Jamie! Jamie! Bom! Bom! Hi! Hi!” The two girls looked at D.O. waving frantically at them. Bom laughed and walked towards them with Jamie. Jong-in smiled at the two girls. “Join us for lunch?” Sehun asked. The two girls nodded. Jong-in finally introduced Sehun and D.O. to Jamie.



 

It was after school. Mr. Kang had cancelled their punishment for the day because he had a meeting. Jong-in went straight to football practice while Sehun and D.O. went to support him. Bom and Jamie walked around the school till Bom had to go home. Jamie walked around the empty school. She could see the orange light from the sun peeking through the windows. Even though she didn’t mind having new friends, she would always cherish the silence.

She decided to head to the football field to watch. She walked through the silent halls and was immediately stopped when she heard the piano playing in the music room. She listened carefully, recognizing the song. She peeked through the window of the door to see the same guy from SHINee.

She smiled and walked off, hearing the music fade off as she walked away. Even though she could no longer hear the song, she still heard the beautifully played music in her head. She arrived at the football field, still dazed off from the music. “Jamie!” Sehun shouted. Jamie took a few seconds to realize someone was calling her. She turned around to see D.O. and Sehun waving at her at the top of the bleachers. She laughed and ran up to them.

“What are you doing here?” D.O. asked. She sat beside him and replied, “To watch Jong-in play.” Both Sehun and D.O. exploded into cheer. Jamie joined in and shouted Jong-in’s name repeatedly with Sehun and D.O., standing up and jumping. “Hey guys guys, stop, stop!” Sehun said. D.O. and Jamie stopped and looked attentively at Sehun. “Let’s do a little cheer for our little Jong-in.” The two nodded with a big smile on their face.

After five minutes of discussing, the three stood up. D.O., who was in the middle of the two, shouted, “3-2-1-GO!” The 3 clapped their hands 3 times and shouted, “J-O-N-G-I-N! Jong-in! Jong-in! Jong-in! Let’s GO! Let’s GO!” As they chanted and cheered, the 3 had also come up with choreography for the cheer. As they spelled each letter of Jong-in’s name, Sehun and Jamie bent up and stood up-right according to the letter, D.O. going the opposite way, staying up-right when Sehun and Jamie bent down. After they had finished spelling, they would all stand up-right raising their hands up and down and shouting Jong-in’s name thrice. They would then shout let’s go, clap 4 times, then shout let's go once more, ending it with a big jump before repeating the whole cheer.

The whole football team looked up. Jong-in looked up at them, embarrassed, but smiled. He saw Jamie getting along well with Sehun and D.O. very well. “Ey, Jong-in!” Luhan said, laughing, “You have fans! Even the new girl is your fan!” He ruffled Jong-in’s hair. Jong-in just smiled shyly. “Okay, let’s go back to the game!” Byung-hee said. Everyone diverted their eyes away from the noisy trio and returned to the game. Jong-in looked at them one last time. He waved and smiled at them. Jamie smiled widely and waved back.