The Lake

It's Just Another Love Story [Hiatus]

Previously on It's Just Another Love Story: He held her hand tight with one hand and put the other on her cheek. The moment was so perfect. The falling snow added to the mood and every bit of light from the sun slowly disappeared behind the horizon. When they pulled away, their faces flushed red. They did nothing but stare into each other’s eyes, still trying to register in their heads what had happened.

“I love you…” “I love you too…”

_________________________________________

 

“You don’t have to go! Why do you have to go?” she said, her eyes filled with tears, red from the days of crying. The rich dark brown eyes were now greyish. He pushed her off, causing her to fall on her back on the cold snow. “I said I don’t love you, Michelle, you’re a nuisance! You’re so weird and so annoying!” the pale boy said, brushing himself from the falling snow on his coat, “We don’t know what we want. Besides, we were 15. A year is enough to make me realize that I don’t love you.  Just go, okay?” “I don’t believe a single word you’re saying right now!” she exploded, “You’re a horrible liar, Yixing, you know that?! I HATE YOU FOR EVEN TRYING!”

Ring Ring Ring. Ring Ring Ring. Ring Ring Ring. “So early!” Michelle said, sitting up. The vivid dream caused her to lose her mind a little. She hasn’t thought about this in a long time. She knew for a fact that the nightmare she had was not just a dream, it was her reality many years ago. She noticed that it was already 11 o’clock in the morning and that it wasn’t her alarm; it was her phone. Ring Ring Ring. Ring Ring Ring. She grabbed it and answered. “Hello?” “Are you busy?” a familiar voice replied. “Before asking me that, shouldn’t you ask me whether you woke me up or not and apologize?” she replied, annoyed. “You’re already awake, what’s the point?” he countered. Michelle just gave a sigh of defeat. “No I’m not busy, Tao”

There was a brief moment of silence. Then Tao answered, “Okay meet me where we always meet at 1 PM” then hung up. Michelle gave out a longer sigh this time. This was probably a request to cover him for class when he goes "partying" with his friends. She immediately got up and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

She arrived at the place they always met- The Lake. That was a very scary and special place for her. She was beaten up there but that's how she met Tao. He was sleeping near the lake and heard her screaming. Michelle felt so lucky and grateful. It has been a year since the incident and not another second passes by that she is thankful for Tao's timing. She sat down on the ground and inhaled the air. The Spring weather made the lake look beautiful.

"Hey there." Tao flirtatiously greeted. Michelle turned around to see Tao. gaped open. He was wearing a clean-cut suit and his hair pulled back, neatly this time. She was shocked at how handsome and perfect he looked that her heart started racing and she started to blush.  At that moment, Tao lost the arrogant attitude and blushed, looking away from her blushing face. "Don't look at me like that! It took me so long to pick this last night!" He shouted. So this is what he was up to the night before. She looked away quickly, trying so hard not to hyperventilate. How was it possible for her heart to race this fast?

He noticed her red, uncomfortable face and chuckled. He walked over to her and sat beside her. She immediately gasped. She covered her face and faced him. "It's going to get dirty" she said softly. Tao immediately blushed harder. She shook her head violently. "No no no! I mean the suit. The suit will get dirty." The two quickly looked away from each other.

There was a really long pause. The sound of the wind and the water synced as the seconds passed. The long moment of silence was enough to calm them both. "What are you doing? Proposing to someone?" she asked teasingly. Tao raised an eyebrow. "Yeah. Jealous?" Michelle's eyes widened. "Really? Who!?" she asked in shock. Tao exploded into laughter. Michelle wasn't amused. She was more annoyed than ever. "That's not funny!" she shouted. Tao continued to laugh. It was both excruciating and relieving to see him laugh and loosened up. However, it still annoyed her. She immediately stood up to leave.

Tao quickly reacted and grabbed her hand, pulling her to sit down again. "What's in it for you? What if I was proposing to someone today?" he questioned. Michelle shrugged, trying to hide the heat overcoming her cheeks. "You're jealous, just admit it!" he playfully said. He was playful with her when they were alone, but this time, he was being more playful than usual. She shook her head in disagreement and stared at the distance. He laughed again and sat closer to her. He moved her hair to reveal her ear and whispered, "Will you marry me?"

 

  A/N: Today is our Kai's birthday! Happy 19th Birthday to our sweet cutie, Kai. One of the best dancers I've ever seen! :) <3 <3 <3  

[picture from: http://naega-jeil-jal-laga.tumblr.com/]