Time to shine

It's Just Another Love Story [Hiatus]

 


Previously on It's Just Another Love Story: “Hello!” another very cheerful voice muttered. “Jamie!?” Jong-in shouted. Sehun and D.O. exploded into laughter causing Jamie to laugh with them. The three then exploded, singing along to the song, “I am in Misery! There ain’t nobody who can comfort me, oh yeah! Why won’t you answer me? Your silence is slowly killing me!” Jong-in laughed and sang along with them, “Girl, you really got me bad, you really got me bad! I’m gonna get you back! I’m gonna get you back!”


***

 

 

Chapter 17: Time to shine

“OH! Daesungie!” Michelle squealed like a fan-girl. Daesung laughs and gives Michelle a big hug. “We just had dinner together last week, Michelle!” Daesung laughed. “Forgotten about me?” Chaerin playfully said, pulling Daesung away. Michelle’s eyes widened. “Ch-Chaerin!!!” She gave the tall girl a big hug. “How’ve you been? How’s London treating you?” Chaerin pulled away from the emotional girl and said, “London’s great. Please come by some time. I can plan events and take you guys to the best spots for free. And since I have a lot of celebrity and rich people clients, I was given a private jet by the company to get my clients around with ease!” “That is cool.” Tao managed to reply.

Chaerin gave Michelle another quick hug. “Jong-in’s birthday is coming, isn’t it?” Chaerin asked. “In less than 3 months. His birthday is on January. He’s going to be 16.” Michelle muttered, pulling her shy son from behind her. “OH! He’s grown so much from the last time I saw him!” Chaerin said. Jong-in gave her a warm smile. Daesung showed the seats at the café.

Chaerin gave Tao a little teasing smirk. “You’re still not going to drop it, are you?” Tao asked calmly. Chaerin put her chest up proudly and replied, “No way.” Daesung and Chaerin started laughing. Michelle sighed, “Come on, you guys, it has been over 15 years!” Daesung gave an equally teasing smirk as Chaerin. “And the delinquent gang leader ends up with a silly girl. What is going to happen next? Read on and find out!” he narrated, causing Tao to laugh. “This isn’t a manga, Daesung!” Michelle said.

The 4 continued to catch up while Jong-in stares outside. He dazes off into a daydream but is interrupted as he sees Key just on the opposite side of the street with Taemin. Key didn’t look very happy. Taemin was standing close beside him, seemingly trying to comfort him. The two looked left and right then immediately crossed the road as the pedestrian light turned green. Jong-in looked away so they wouldn’t notice him.

As he could visibly see them walking away from the corner of his eye, Jong-in turned and watched Key and Taemin walk round the corner. Jong-in sighed. He doesn’t remember why he and Key are always in cold terms. All he knows is, Key looked at Jong-in as a rival, no matter how much Jong-in thought it was ridiculous, especially since Key was more advanced in everything than he was.


 

“Are you ready?” Daesung asked the two, who were nervously sitting on the chair backstage. “Yeah” Jong-in managed to mutter. Jamie just gave a small, nervous nod. “Okay, good.” Daesung said, quickly leaving the two. Jong-in looked at Jamie, who has gone completely pale and she was already pale to begin. It was the day they were going to enter the choir by showcasing their talents. They were at the huge school auditorium, backstage, nervous than they expected.

“Jamie?” Jong-in said softly, “You don’t look well, are you okay?” Jamie just nodded and gave Jong-in a warm smile. “I’m not used to doing this in public,” Jamie nervously said, “If you’ve noticed, I do a lot of things on my own.” Jong-in nodded, thinking of her piano, singing and dancing skills. Jong-in wanted to make her feel better but hadn’t got a single clue what to do.

“Jamie?” Jong-in said. She looked at him. He gave her the warmest smile and extended his hand to her. She was awed at how nice Jong-in was. She gave him her hand, holding it, which he instantly held tight. “We can do this!” he said enthusiastically, trying to hide away his own nervousness for her sake. She gave a big bright smile and nodded.

Daesung popped up again and said, “Remember the instrumental track I asked you both to practice with?” Jamie and Jong-in nodded. Daesung continued, “The music club played it for you two, they’re going to play live today. The whole choir and music club will be here to watch.” With that, Daesung gave them a thumbs up and left.

“Ready?” Jong-in asked, still not letting go of Jamie’s hand. Jamie, now less nervous, nodded excitedly. “You’ll be here with me.” The two stood up on the stage, behind the curtain. Jong-in looks around and noticed that was Key on the piano, Jonghyun on the guitar and Minho on the bass. Jong-in took a deep sigh. Daesung shouted, “Ready?” Jong-in and Jamie took a deep sigh and looked at each other, still not letting go of each other’s hands. In unison, they replied, “Yes!”