[Special] Promises

It's Just Another Love Story [Hiatus]

Previously on It's Just Another Love Story: At that moment, Jong-in’s phone started ringing. “What do those two want now?” Jong-in sighed. He picked up his phone to see Jamie calling him. He stared at the screen for a few seconds. He grabbed the remote and lowered the stereo down. I wonder why she's calling he thought. He took in a quick, deep breath. He clicked answer. “Hello?” he said. “Jong-in?” Jamie said softly, “Hey.”


 

 

[SPECIAL] Chapter 27 – Promises

“Chaerin, I’m scared! I’m going to run away!” Michelle said, slightly hyperventilating. “Relax, will you? That is the 23rd time you’re saying that. Literally. What is Tao going to think if he hears you? He’ll think you don’t want to marry him, that’s what!” Michelle only managed to get a breath and said, “OH MY GOSH, Chaerin, I want to marry him but I’m so scared!”

“Tao hasn’t ‘done it’ yet if that eases you. He has zero experience,” Kris butted in, peeking through the door, “So, he doesn’t know anything. Therefore, you shouldn’t worry yourself.” He gave a wink and smiled cockily. Michelle glared at him and threw the sofa pillow at him. Kris quickly dodged it then laughed, walking away. “I swear, his wife should take him to a mental institute.” Chaerin spat out.

Michelle wasn’t paying attention. She was staring at her helpless self on the mirror, watching her beautiful dress flow as she moved. She fidgeted with her lace sleeve and breathed long heavy breaths. She couldn’t believe she was going to get married in less than an hour.

“Chaerin…” she sang-song in a depressed tone. Chaerin chuckled and sat beside her best friend. She held Michelle’s arm and leaned her head on Michelle’s shoulder. “You’re so beautiful, girl. You’ve got nothing to worry about. He loves you. He waited this long.” Chaerin said, in a motherly tone. Michelle smiled and hugged her best friend.

“Oh, look at my daughter!” a tall man entered. “Dad!” Michelle boomed, running to her father and giving him a big hug. “Hello, my little girl!” he said. “Hello Mr. Michelle’s dad!” Chaerin chimed. “Chaerin, are you still going to call me that?” he asked her. Chaerin just nodded with a playful smile. “Mr. Eric Mun and Michelle, the ceremony is going to start in 15 minutes.” a lady said quickly then leaving.  Michelle’s father looked at her with a big smiled and hugged her. He walked outside.

Michelle faced the mirror and sighed. “Michelle, you got this!” Chaerin said cheerfully. “Yeah, I got this!” Michelle said, suddenly feeling a sense of power. “You’ll be fine” Daesung said, standing by the door. “The real nervous one is Tao.”


“Calm down, you’ll be fine!” Kris casually said, sitting comfortably on the sofa, his legs on the coffee table. Tao leaned on the toilet mirror and stared at his own face. “Easy for you to say” Tao muttered, “You already got married!” Kris broke into laughter. “Okay, fine.” Kris said in defeat, “But, she’s nervous too, okay? We can’t have 2 nervous lunatics getting married. 2 lunatics are already a handful!” Tao shot a glare at Kris, making him back off slowly.

“Relax, okay? You got this. It’s just a wedding. You both have many more to go through.” GD said, opening his eyes from a little nap he was having. Tao simply sighed. He looked at himself on the mirror and fixed himself up. He sighed one more time and nodded. “Yeah, I got this!”


Michelle took in a deep breath. “Mom, I am scared to death and I don’t know why!” Michelle whispered loudly. Her mother fixed her brunette hair and then faced her nervous daughter. “Look at you. You’re the most beautiful woman in the world right now” she cooed. “Mom” Michelle said calmly this time, “Come on…” Her mother giggled. Suho suddenly appeared from behind. “Mom,” Suho whispered, “Let’s go.” She nodded and gave her daughter a big hug then left with Suho.

“Are you ready, Michelle?” her father asked. Michelle thought of that short hug her mother just gave her and nodded. “I’m ready as ever, dad. Let’s do this!” Her dad chuckled giving him her arm which she immediately held. The door opened and the two walked down the aisle.

Tao watched Michelle and her dad walk down the aisle. He sighed nervously. When she arrived, her father handed her to Tao. “You look amazing” he whispered. Michelle smiled. “You look amazing yourself.”


“Congratulations!” Seungri said happily, “Wedding and reception is magnificent!” Tao smiled widely. Seungri walked off, drinking a glass chardonnay. Tao turned to Michelle with a big smile. Michelle smiled back. Suddenly a tune played. Tao and Michelle instantly looked at each other. “Dance with me” Tao muttered. Michelle gave him a weird look. “You don’t dance, gang leader” she said playfully. He moved in closer to her. “I’m no longer a gang leader…” Michelle smiled and stood up. “Let’s dance.”