Sing me a song

It's Just Another Love Story [Hiatus]

Previously on It's Just Another Love Story: Daesung smiled and said, “We don’t have a lot of people in our choir group since a lot of them have graduated already.” Both Jong-in and Jamie listened carefully. “So, I wanted to make use of the time you both take in detention with Mr. Lee and Mr. Choi.” Daesung finished. The two sighed again. There was no convincing Mr. Kang, that’s for sure; even though Jong-in had given up the thought the moment Mr. Kang announced the so-called punishment.

_________________________________________

 

 

Daesung grabbed a chair and dragged it to face the two of them who were standing. “Of course,” Daesung said, taking a seat, “We would need auditions.” Jong-in gaped at Mr. Kang. A forced audition? He thought That, too, in front of the new girl. Jong-in gulped and knew what was coming next. “Jong-in, you seem excited, you first” Mr. Kang said with a playful smile. Jong-in wasn’t surprised. He knew very well that Daesung would make him go first.

Jong-in stepped forward and took a huge breath. (Click meh!)“Yeah…” Jong-in started singing, “Sunday morning, rain is falling. Steal some covers, share some skin. Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable, you twist to fit the mold that I am in.” Mr. Kang raised his eyebrows, impressed with what he was hearing. “But things just get so crazy, living life gets hard to do and I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew that someday it would lead me back to you, that someday it would lead me back to you!” he went on.

“That may be all I need, in darkness, she is all I see. Come and rest your bones with me. Driving slow on Sunday morning and I never want to leave!” Jong-in finished. Mr. Kang and Jamie applauded him. Jong-in was suddenly embarrassed. He stepped back and glanced at Jamie who gave him a warm smile and thumbs up. He blushed and looked down on the ground.

“Wow, Jong-in!” Mr. Kang said, impressed, “If I knew, I would’ve put you in choir a long time ago!” Jong-in, still embarrassed, replied, “That’s why I hid.” “Very funny” Mr. Kang said, and then looked at Jamie. “Jamie, you’re next. Show us what you’ve got. Jamie stepped forward calmly and took in a long breath.

(Click meh!) “This love has taken its toll on me. She said goodbye too many times before, and her heart is breaking in front of me, and I have no choice ‘cause I won't say goodbye anymore.” She immediately sang, Mr. Kang was very impressed with Jamie as well. “I'll fix these broken things, repair your broken wings, and make sure everything's alright. My pressure on your hips, sinking my fingertips into every inch of you because I know that’s why you want me to do!”

Jamie sang the chorus again with full energy and confidence. Jong-in watched the new girl, who hid at the back of the class, shining right in front of him. Both Mr. Kang and Jong-in applauded and softly cheered. Jamie smiled widely and bowed down at Mr. Kang first then at Jong-in. Jong-in grinned and smiled wider like a little kid. He was very amused and impressed. “Ah! We have some Maroon 5 fans here!” Daesung said, quite amused.
 

===

At the end of the day, Jong-in was already tired. “Tomorrow, I’ll have songs prepared for the two of you” Mr. Kang said, “After that, I can introduce you all to the rest of the choir.” “What?” Jong-in and Jamie said in unison. Mr. Kang smiled and nodded. “Well, I’ll see you both tomorrow. Goodbye!” With that he looked at his watch and ran off.

Jong-in and Jamie watched Mr. Kang hurriedly running out the door. “Well” Jamie said, breaking the silence, “That’s it for today, huh, Jong-in?” Jong-in looked at the pale girl. She looked at him with a warm smile. She was always at the back of the class, looking very dazed and in her own world.  He scratched his head and muttered, “Yeah.” She waved and walked off.

Jong-in made his way to his locker to see Jamie right across the hall. He slowly walked to his locker when suddenly, “Jamie!” a voice shouted. Jong-in turned around to see a familiar girl walking towards Jamie. “Bommie!” he said suddenly. She turned around to see Jong-in waving at her with a smile. She waved back and said, “Oh Jong-in!”

Bom was Jong-in’s classmate for a long time. She had been his classmate since elementary but he had never really talked to her all that much. He hadn’t seen her so much since the beginning of that year. Even though they were in the same homeroom, he didn’t have many classes with her. Bom turned back to Jamie and started talking to her. Jong-in packed his stuff, then walked out towards the football field of the school.

Jong-in ran up to the bleachers and sat at the very top, overlooking the enormous soccer field of their school. It was empty and he could see the sun set behind the trees that were surrounding. He took in a deep breath and after a minute or two, he decided to head back home.