Shower Mayhem

It's Just Another Love Story [Hiatus]

 


Previously on It's Just Another Love Story: Jong-in chuckled at the sight and carried Monggu downstairs. “Mom, I’m going out for a jog!” he shouted from the door. “Okay!” his mother shouted from the kitchen. Jong-in walked outside and put Monggu on the ground. He the music on his iPod, put his earphones on and started running. Monggu automatically ran with Jong-in.


***

 

 

Chapter 16: Shower Mayhem

Jong-in jogged around the neighborhood, Monggu closely following beside him. After a long non-stop jog, Jong-in sat on the pavement, taking a huge gulp of water. Monggu danced and jumped around Jong-in. He chuckled and let the dog drink the remaining water in the bottle. “Jong-in?” a voice softly said. Jong-in sat up straight and turned around to see Jamie bending down. She gave him a warm smile that made him instantly smile.

Jamie sat beside the dog that was now in the middle of the two. She fixed her gaze on the dog who tiredly laid itself down on the ground between them. Jong-in noticed Jamie’s interested face. “His name’s Monggu,” Jong-in said with a shy smile. Jamie grinned. “What a cute name!” She patted the dog’s head, making Monggu sit up and bob its head towards Jamie.

The two laughed. “What are you doing out here, Jong-in?” she asked without taking her hand away from Monggu. “Just a little jog with Monggu. I’m tired now; I might head back home soon” Jong-in said, patting Monggu’s head as well. He accidentally touched Jamie’s hand causing him to pull away in a shy manner. He smiled in embarrassment. “Sorry” he muttered, trying to hide his embarrassment.

There was a weird and awkward silence between them. “I know I’m weird,” Jamie said, breaking the silence, “And I’ve accepted the fact that people don’t accept me.” Jong-in’s eyes widened. She sighed with a weak smile and continued, “Before I came here, I dreaded the fact that I had to start over and get people to warm up to me all over again.” She paused for a little while and went on. “But you made it easier, you know that?” She looked at him with a warm smile. “Even though I was weird, it was easier to make friends when I got to know you, hence, Bom being a really good friend of mine now.” She laughed and mumbled, “I’m such a weirdo.”

“No way, Jamie!” Jong-in said a little too loudly, “You’re interesting and fun to be with.” Jamie stared at Jong-in. He gave her a small smile and continued, “If you’re weird, I’m twice as weird. Heck, if you’re weird, D.O. and Sehun would be a million times more!” Jamie smiled. “Thanks,” she muttered. “You’re welcome” Jong-in just smiled, looking away shyly. “Even though I didn’t do anything.”

Jong-in stood up. “Well, I better go now.” Monggu stood up as well and started jumping around. Jamie nodded and stood up as well. She suddenly hugged Jong-in. He stood there shocked at her sudden action. “You’re a really good person and an amazing friend. Thank you” she managed to say. She waved at him and with that, she walked off.

Jong-in smiled and watched her walk off. Monggu barked at Jong-in. He laughed as he looked at the dog who gave Jong-in a weird look. “Don’t look at me like that” Jong-in said. He started jogging again with Monggu following close by.

 


 

As Jong-in finally arrived home, he noticed he had received 7 miss calls from D.O. and Sehun. Just when he decided to call them back, he received a call from Sehun. “Helloooooooo” Sehun lazily said, “What are you up to?” “Just got back from a jog, man” Jong-in replied, making his way to his wardrobe. “Ah cool” Sehun said monotonically.

Achoo! “Bless you!” both Sehun and Jong-in replied. “What?” Jong-in said, shocked. “Damn it, D.O.!” Sehun said as D.O. burst into laughter. “Sorry man, I just got a cold.” “We could’ve scared Jong-in, man!” Sehun said. “Very funny you guys!” Jong-in replied, noisily rustling through his wardrobe to find comfortable clothes to change in. “What’s that noise?” Sehun asked. “I’m looking for clothes to change in. I’m going to shower soon” Jong-in said. He put the phone on loudspeaker. He quickly grabbed the clothes placing them in the bed and his stereo to play Misery by Maroon 5. He then headed to the shower with his towel and phone.

“Are you ?” D.O. asked creepily. Jong-in blushed. “What the hell, man? Why am I still talking to you guys? I’ll call you later!” “No no!!” D.O. screamed laughing, “Wait, wait, hold on, just please wait.”  There was a quiet pause. Jong-in didn’t know what to do from the quiet pause so he just the shower. Sehun suddenly started giggling and soon after D.O. started giggling too. “You guys sound really dirty!” Jong-in said, squirting some shampoo on his hand.

“Hello!” another very cheerful voice muttered. “Jamie!?” Jong-in shouted. Sehun and D.O. exploded into laughter causing Jamie to laugh with them. The three then exploded, singing along to the song, “I am in Misery! There ain’t nobody who can comfort me, oh yeah! Why won’t you answer me? Your silence is slowly killing me!” Jong-in laughed and sang along with them, “Girl, you really got me bad, you really got me bad! I’m gonna get you back! I’m gonna get you back!”