Dance

It's Just Another Love Story [Hiatus]

Previously on It's Just Another Love Story: “Key, what are you doing out here with this boy?” Minho shouted from the door. Key turned around and replied, “Having fresh air, I’ll go back inside in a while.” Minho returned inside. Key took a few deep breaths and entered the house leaving Jong-in outside.


***

 

 

Chapter 15: Dance

It was Monday once more. Every day after school, Jong-in and Jamie practiced the song that Daesung had assigned them. Since they learnt the song quickly, Daesung had also assigned them to create dance choreography for the song.

“So how do you want to do this?” Jong-in asked, placing his bag on the chair at the back of the dance studio room. “I don’t know. I haven’t ever seen you dance” she said, putting her bag beside his. He immediately blushed in embarrassment. Everyone knew how well Jong-in danced but he was still shy about it either way. “Come on, Jong-in. Show me some of your moves so I know how to work with you” Jamie said with a smile. Jong-in just nodded and headed his way towards the stereo.

He clicked play and stood in front of the mirror. He started to dance to the song. Jamie watched Jong-in’s facial expressions change from a shy little kid to a confident young man. She was impressed with the way he danced. She smiled and watched him attentively as he switched from one step to another very flawlessly and at every move he made, she could feel the emotions of the song transfer from the stereo to Jong-in then to her.

As he finished, Jamie clapped loud. “You’re really good!” she shouted. Jong-in gave her a weak smile and the shy little kid came back. “This will be easy then” she said walking beside him, “We both have almost the same style. We’ll work easily with props.” Jong-in nodded. “Yeah, we should use chairs and a hat” he suggested. Jamie’s eyes brightened. “That’s a great idea!” she said, running to the back of the room to grab a chair and back to Jong-in, “I’ve got a plan!”


 

“Bye Jong-in!” Jamie said, running off. Jong-in waved and watched her run off, making him smile shyly. When she left the room, D.O. immediately entered. The smile was suddenly replaced by an annoyed look. “If you both wanted to watch secretly, you could’ve made it less obvious!” Jong-in muttered loudly. D.O. exploded into laughter. “Oh man! I told you we should’ve waited for a while before entering!” Sehun popped out.

The trio walked through the empty halls. Suddenly, they hear girls talking. It was the most popular trio of girls in the whole school- TJT. Tiffany, Jessica and Taeyeon. Every guy in the whole school liked them. They were not only extremely gorgeous, they were model students as well, excelling in academics, sports and music, just like SHINee. The girls passed by the three boys, all except Tiffany. “Hi Jong-in” she said with a warm smile. Jong-in just smiled back and watched her follow the other two.

“I think she likes you” Sehun teased. D.O. and Sehun started laughing softly. Jong-in rolled his eyes. “Sure she does” he sarcastically said. “You like her, don’t you?” D.O. asked teasingly. Jong-in casually shook his head. “She’s nice but I don’t like her that way, man” he muttered, walking towards his locker. “I still think she likes you” Sehun said.

The boys all walked home. He thought about Saturday night. D.O. hadn’t told him anything about his meeting with Jamie. He felt like D.O. should’ve told him at least but he hadn’t asked either way and he wasn’t planning to. He was more interested in why he felt bad that D.O. hadn’t told him. He had never felt bad for something so trivial. He knew he felt bad but he wasn’t sure what he was feeling. He wasn’t angry or sad.

Jong-in arrived home feeling very tired. He headed to his room to do his homework. After 30 minutes or so, he decided to give up and go for a jog. He quickly changed into his running pants. He grabbed his phone and iPod, and called out, “Monggu!” Jong-in had 2 brown dogs and 1 black cat. He would take Monggu, his poodle, for walks or jogs. From the 3 pets he had, Monggu was most active. “Monggu!” he called out again. The poodle ran inside Jong-in’s room and started jumping on its hind legs.

Jong-in chuckled at the sight and carried Monggu downstairs. “Mom, I’m going out for a jog!” he shouted from the door. “Okay!” his mother shouted from the kitchen. Jong-in walked outside and put Monggu on the ground. He the music on his iPod, put his earphones on and started running. Monggu automatically ran with Jong-in.