Little Moments

It's Just Another Love Story [Hiatus]

Previously on It's Just Another Love Story: “Congratulations!” Seungri said happily, “Wedding and reception is magnificent!” Tao smiled widely. Seungri walked off, drinking a glass chardonnay. Tao turned to Michelle with a big smile. Michelle smiled back. Suddenly a tune played. Tao and Michelle instantly looked at each other. “Dance with me” Tao muttered. Michelle gave him a weird look. “You don’t dance, gang leader” she said playfully. He moved in closer to her. “I’m no longer a gang leader…” Michelle smiled and stood up. “Let’s dance.”


 

 

Chapter 28 – Little Moments

Michelle started humming along to the radio as ‘Can’t take my eyes off you’ by Frankie Valli played. She started washing the dishes. “You’re just too good to be true, can’t my eyes off you” Tao said, leaning by the kitchen doorway, “You’d be like heaven to touch. Oh, I want to hold you so much.” Tao continued singing and walked towards his wife, as she glanced and softly giggled at his playful demeanor.

Michelle giggled without looking back at her husband and sang along. “You’re just too good to be true, can’t take my eyes off you” Tao chuckled and wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed his wife on the cheek.


“I’ll see you later then” Jong-in finished. “Okay, great” Jamie said, “See you, Jong-in” She hung up and put his phone down. He changed his clothes quickly and walked downstairs to hear music in the kitchen. Instead of calling his parents, he followed the music and saw his parents in kitchen dancing.

“I love you, baby and if it’s quite alright, I need you baby to warm my lonely nights. I love you, baby. Trust in me when I say,” Tao and Michelle sang in unison as they danced, Tao’s arms around Michelle’s waist while her arms around his neck. The song continued to play as the couple danced and laughed around.

Jong-in watched his parents. His heart suddenly warmed up. Watching his parents together, wishing to know every single detail of the beginning of their love story. Tao kissed his wife’s neck, making her giggle. She suddenly stopped and stood still. Jong-in slowly backed off as he knew what had happened, but Michelle turned just in time to see her son like her motherly instinct kicked, the moment he arrived.

“Sweety? Jong-in?” she cooed. Jong-in, embarrassed that he had disturbed his parents’ moment, scratched his head. “Uh, mom and dad. I’ll see my friend at the park. I’ll be back before dinner.” He said, still embarrassed. His mom smiled and walked over to her son. She kissed him on the forehead and nodded. “Okay, my big boy. Be safe.” He smiled and waved at his mom and dad. “Bring Monggu with you.” Tao said. Jong-in nodded, then quickly headed outside to find Monggu.


Jamie Monggu’s head as it sat comfortably on her lap. “Jong-in, I’m really sorry!” she suddenly broke out. Shocked with her sudden outburst, Jong-in simply shook his head side to side. “Jamie, I’m really sorry too. I know I should’ve said something to you at the party but I ignored you. I’m really sorry” Jong-in finally said. She smiled weakly and shook her head.

There was long silent pause. Jamie suddenly broke into a chuckle. “We’re like a couple or something, saying sorry. I don’t even know why I feel really bad when I’m not with you…” Jamie blurted out. Jong-in blushed. He couldn’t believe she said that. All he thought was about his parents and his own feelings. Suddenly, Jamie blushed and smiled. “That was cheesy...” she said with a chuckle. Jong-in chuckled as well.

“Speaking of cheese, I bought sandwiches for lunch on the way. Brunch, I guess, but there are loads of assorted sandwiches in there we could eat and I even bought some drinks and fruits so we don’t get hungry way before dinner… You don’t get hungry.” Jong-in said, shyly giving Jamie a flimsy paper bag. Jamie accepted it wholeheartedly. “Thanks, Jong-in!” she happily said, “This is really nice, thank you. I’ll buy you ice-cream later!” Jong-in simply smiled then nodded like a happy kid. The two ate and talked while playing around with Monggu.

“Let’s go take a walk” Jong-in said standing up, after throwing the trash in a nearby trashcan. Jamie nodded and put Monggu on the ground, which instantly jumped and played around. Jamie put her arm around Jong-in’s. “My good sir, would you do a lady a favor of accompanying her for a stroll, and, of course, accept a little gift she promised earlier?” Jamie asked in a British accent. “Well, of course, my lady. Ice-cream is perfect right now too.” Jong-in played along. The two suddenly giggled and walked around the park.

The sun had already set as the two arrived at the highest point of the park, overlooking a small area of the neighborhood and lake. The two sat on the grass and watched the view, lights suddenly lit up the little neighborhood and the glittering moon visibly shining on the lake further ahead. It was already dark so quickly, neither had noticed. They also hadn’t noticed that they spent the whole afternoon together.

The two had the usual quiet moment where they didn’t have to talk and it was not awkward at all. Jamie slightly turned her head to take a look at Jong-in. His eyes were closed, the wind flowing through his face and hair. She saw the usual, calm Jong-in who would always shyly and warmly come to her side when she needed him, but, at the same time, he looked slightly different. His type of calm at that particular moment, his over-all look, posture and movement, looked cool and mesmerizing to her.

Jong-in opened his eyes and turned to face her with a smile. She smiled back as she tried to distract him from her all-of-a-sudden blushing face by playing around with the attention-seeking Monggu. “It’s getting late. I bet your dad wants you home” Jong-in said, caringly. Jamie nodded, and then the two stood up. Jong-in directed his arm to her. “May I you, my lady?” he said playfully. Jamie chuckled and put her arm around his. “Thank you, kind sir. Of course you may.”