Suho's Attempts

Blaze

~_____~

Kris closed his eyes and covered them with his hand as he turned to look out the plane window. The way Tao had approached Namjoo replayed itself in his memory a dozen times more than he wanted. How could Tao have looked at her that way? This wasn’t how he’d pictured it.  

He felt disappointment and frustration flush through him. The world basically knew of Tao’s feelings now and he didn’t know whose side Namjoo was going to pick, which made him worry even more. Kris didn’t want her to go to Tao.

No…

~_____~

Suho glanced at Namjoo who was silently staring into space. She looked sullen and tired. He didn’t blame her. This mission outside of Seoul had been filled with too much tension and action, and she’d gotten injured physically and mentally.

It wasn’t unusual that they suffer from this kind of stress, because they had before. It was just different this time around because the lead team wasn’t just him, Namjoo, and Donghae but five others included. 

“You ok?” he nudged her.

“Yea.”

He felt his eyes run over her before asking, “I thought your clothes got stolen. Did you borrow a shirt?”

Namjoo’s eyes lowered to her hands, “Kris bought them for me.”

A smile popped onto his face, “Kris, huh?”

Namjoo gave no reaction. He was hoping talking to her would lighten her mood. Suho knew what Tao had said to her would start stirring her mind and make her think more, which would all but exhaust her. And he didn’t want to see his friend exhausted.

Firmly smiling he changed the subject, “Lets go on a blind date when we return to Seoul. You and me, meet up with other people at one of those dating conventions. They’re actually quite fun and full of unusual people.”

Suho watched Namjoo roll her eyes over to look at him. Now that he’d caught her attention he thought humoring her might lessen the weight on her shoulders.

“Or you could date me instead.” Suho chuckled. “I’m always an option you know.”

A smile climbed upon his lips when Namjoo lightly smiled and withheld a laugh.

~_____~

Tao glanced at Victoria and Chorong, who were sitting in the aisle across from him and Donghae, before slightly glancing back to see Suho talking to Namjoo. He’d wanted to sit with her, but Suho had taken the seat first.

He had thought a lot after they returned from the hospital. There was an urge to start being kind; he’d never felt that kind of impulse before.

Namjoo was the first person he wanted to be nice to and there was something she did that made his heart race like never before.  

He’d never seen her powerless before, not until yesterday and he never wanted to see it again. He meant what he’d said to her earlier. He’d spent the whole night thinking about what they’d talked in the Ferris wheel and reminiscing over the small times he spent with her.

Tao would definitely do his best to become a better person so that Namjoo would accept him.

~_____~

Eunhyuk…had it really been him? But why had he denied it?

Donghae was so confused. He didn’t want Eunyuk to become his enemy. Donghae didn’t know if he could face it.

Eunhyuk was a kind person; he couldn’t and wouldn’t hold a gun. He would never beat up anyone or work in the black circle. His friend wasn’t that kind of person, but why…why had that person looked like him?

So many questions and frustration chased themselves inside Donghae’s head. He needed answers…real bad. He was desperate to prove that Eunhyuk was not with those people. How could he ever hunt down his best friend!?

Holding a gun to Eunhyuk’s head and telling him he was under arrest was the worst reality Donghae could imagine. He didn’t want it to happen. And he really wanted to believe that that person wasn’t Eunhyuk, but why did they look so identical!?

How would he explain it to the others? If he ever did, Eunhyuk would certainly become their enemy.

Donghae felt his heart break. He didn’t want this…

The black sky accompanied them all the way to Seoul and they finally landed a few short hours later. Everyone seemed exhausted and he knew his mind was too.

After wishing everyone a good rest he drove back home with Tao solemnly. The street lights of Seoul glowed over them every which way he turned and it made him feel nostalgic.

He used to go out with Eunhyuk on these dark nights just to enjoy the life of a young adult. Donghae had had so much fun then before his work slowly started to take over his life and his visits with Eunhyuk slowed to a few per month.

He regretted it.

If he could turn back time, he’d definitely choose his friend over his work. Then for once, he wondered if Eunhyuk had ever felt abandoned because of him.

There was suddenly so much more to think about.

Donghae glanced over at Tao who was quietly sitting in the passenger’s seat. He hadn’t said a word since the flight till now. And he suddenly thought that even a person like Tao would have thoughts, worries, and memories of his own.

“Did you mean it, Tao?”

Tao turned to look at him.

“What you said to Namjoo.”

Turning away from him Tao answered, “Yea.”

“You’re still young and still have time to make a lot of decisions,” Donghae said, “I won’t hold you back; tell you what’s right or wrong, but I hope you can turn over a new leaf.”

“I want to,” Tao surprisingly admitted. “For once, I want to do something.”

“I’m glad, Tao,” Donghae smiled, “that you think that.”

~_____~

“Kris?” his sister-in-law opened the door of his room to find him lying in bed.

It’d been a day since vacation started, but Kris really didn’t feel like doing anything as he should have. Usually he would have taken the time to enjoy the warm season by enjoying the fresh air with a bike ride or jog, but here he was lying in his room doing nothing.

“One of your friends is here,” she told.

Kris immediately turned around to look at her. What friend?

When he walked out he saw Suho standing in the living room with his hands clasped together with eyes browsing his home. Upon seeing him Suho smiled and waved.

“What are you doing here?” Kris asked sitting down across from him, a table in between them a few seconds later.

His sister-in-law had just placed a couple cups of water and a dish of snacks down on the table before leaving the room.

“Never mind that,” Kris waved away the question a little annoyed, “why’d you come here? How’d you get here?”

“Uh…what’s with the questions? Not like I stole my way in,” Suho said reaching for the crackers and stuffing a few in his mouth. “Though I could have and I have the equipment to, but…wow, these are good. Did your sister-in-law make these? She’s pretty.”

Kris slightly frowned at Suho and heaved a sigh, “What do you want?”

“Aren’t you doing anything for your vacation? Though your house is nice, I can see why you don’t want to go out.”

“What is with you?” Kris asked wondering how Suho even knew that he hadn’t left the house since arriving back home.

“Oh…I’m just saying,” Suho shrugged, “I was expecting you to be out when I stopped by, but you were home.”

Suho let out a small laugh before grabbing more crackers.

“Go fishing, sleep under the sun, get a tan, go to the movies, or be with you friends. Shouldn’t you be doing things you can’t cause of work?” Suho asked. “That’s what I’m doing. I met up with friends yesterday and even slept in.”

“I slept in,” Kris told.

Suho eyed him before sliding a ticket across the table, “I didn’t easily get this, but I’m giving it to you. Go see it.”

Kris glanced down at the ticket to a musical and looked up at Suho, “You want me to go on a date with you?”

Suho’s face scrunched up as he cracked up with laughter, “No.”

Kris frowned at him again wondering what it was that he wanted.

“Go see it with Namjoo,” Suho gently smiled. Kris’ face filled with uncertainty so he added, “I’ll give her the other ticket. I know you want to talk to her.”

“I don’t know what you’re…”

“You can’t avoid her like this,” Suho said, “especially not after what you told me on the plane. When we return to the job; you know you’re going to have to face her, talk, and work together.” Then he smiled and continued, “I know what Tao said may bother you, but you won’t know Namjoo unless you give it a shot. So talk with her, she’ll talk with you too. She’s not the kind of person to dodge you once you start talking with her. Think about it.”

Kris eye’s roved over the ticket.

“Park tomorrow by two,” Suho informed before he tapped the table and got up. “Namjoo will be there.”

~_____~

“Hi!” Suho gladly greeted when Namjoo opened the door.

“What are you doing here?” Namjoo asked when he walked in. “Why are you all treating me like that? A friend is only stopping by during his time off.”

“Who else did you go see?” Namjoo questioned following him in.

Suho zipped his lips shut and sat down on her couch making himself comfortable. He glanced at the closed curtains when he noticed her apartment seemed kind of dark. When Namjoo sat down he noticed her disoriented hair and the dark bags under her eyes.

“Not sleeping well?”

“Don’t talk to me about it.” She muttered.

A bit of worry flushed through him, “Namjoo, if you’re not comfortable being alone…”

“I said I’m fine,” she turned to him with scorn on her face.

“I’m just worried, ok?” he said. “If you’re not comfortable talking about it with anyone you know you can talk to me. I know you got scared. You got scared.”

Namjoo’s eyes stilled and she turned away. Suho suddenly felt his heart go out for her. Namjoo was really bad with expressing herself.

Heaving a quiet sigh he pulled the ticket out of his pocket, “Come see a musical with me tomorrow. You should get out of your apartment, get some fresh air. You’ll feel more comfortable after.”

Namjoo turned when he held the ticket out in front of her.

“I paid for it full price,” he urged, “so come out with me. Ok?”

She heaved a sigh before taking it from him and Suho smiled.

“Meet me at two by the park, don’t be late, ok?” Suho told. “I just stopped by to check on you, that’s all. Don’t get up; I’ll lock the door on my way out.”

When Suho walked out of her apartment building he paused and turned around to stare up at the dozen windows towering over him. A sudden idea seemed to pop up.

~_____~

Chorong was just finishing up the dishes when her doorbell rang. Was her mother deciding to check up on her? But she hadn’t told anyone she was on a short vacation.

Walking to the door she peeked out the peephole and immediately stood back shocked by the sudden appearance of Suho. What was he doing there? Why was he there? Then running her hands over herself she wondered if she looked all right. Was her hair messy? Did she look strange in her sweats?

Running into the bathroom she checked herself out in the bathroom and quickly grabbed a brush to comb her hair. The doorbell rang again and she quickly turned around. Suho might walk away if he thought she wasn’t in. So quickly grabbing a hair tie and tying her hair back she ran back out.

Heaving a deep sigh and running her hand over her shirt she pulled open the door.

“Hi!” Suho greeted. “Wow, everyone really is in.”

She frowned wondering what he meant by that.

“Oh come in,” she invited and suddenly wondered if her place was messy.

Suho walked in and glanced around, “Wow, your place is neat.”

“Oh sit down,” Chorong told, “do you want anything to drink?”

“It’s ok, I’m just stopping by to ask a favor.”

Favor? What favor? But Chorong kept her expression still and looked at him.

“It’s about Namjoo.”

Namjoo…again.

Chorong felt a slight disappointment flush through her, but fought to keep it from showing on her face. So he hadn’t stopped by to see her after all.

“You know…about…uh…you know…” Suho uncomfortably struggled before dropping his hand to his side, “what happened in Daegu. In the alley…when Tao made the shot…”

Realization struck Chorong and she felt surprise overcome her face before she mentally slapped herself for being jealous earlier. Suho was just worried over Namjoo and Chorong wondered how she was handling the situation.

“You know,” Suho slightly shrugged, “she’s not in good relation with her family and I don’t think she’s comfortable talking to Donghae or me…we’re guys, you know…”

Chorong nodded quietly.

“And…she didn’t look so well when I stopped by earlier,” Suho explained, “I’m just worried. I don’t think she’s taking it so well…you know, after the second time. She might be more comfortable talking with another female and we live close by each other.”

Chorong smiled, “You’re asking me to stop by and check on her?”

Suho opened his mouth to speak, but suddenly decided not to and slightly laughed with a smile. “Yea, that.”

Chorong smiled, “It’s no problem. I’m sure she got a scare.”

Suho nodded, “Thank you.”  Then he turned to look away awkwardly as if he didn’t know what else to do. Turning around he said, “So…I guess I’ll go now. Sorry for bothering you.”

Chorong watched him head toward the door before she suddenly called out, “Wait,” when he turned around she felt invisible sweat trickle down the back of her neck, “um…you want to do something together before vacation ends?”

Suho seemed surprise by the suggestion and Chorong suddenly thought she shouldn’t have opened at all. He smiled after a second and her heart raced uncontrollably.

“Sure, yea.” 


***Well that's all the updates I have for now! Until next time!