To Save You

Blaze

~_____~

Kris felt his fingers graze off her face reluctantly and suppressed a groan at the interruption.

“I’ll go see who it is,” Kris told before getting up.  

Stopping in front of the peephole at the door he looked through it before spotting two men standing outside. He frowned slightly confused. They shouldn’t be getting any visitors and no one ever bothered a stranger in a hotel.

Then he watched the man at the front turn to talk to the man behind him before hiding a gun in his jacket. This was bad, bad, bad.

Turning around from the door abruptly he glanced around for a window. They were on the fourth floor and hopefully not too high up from the ground.

“What?” Namjoo asked getting to her feet. “Who is it?”

“We have to get out of here.”

“What? Why?”

Kris pulled the inside window up and fought to pull apart the screen before poking his head out. They were too high up. Namjoo wouldn’t be able to jump in her condition nonetheless run.

“Do you have your gun?” Kris asked.

Namjoo seemed to think before replying, “Tao has it.”

“What!?” he exclaimed before poking his head out the window again. “Can you jump out?”

Namjoo shot him an absurd stare before hobbling over to stare out the window, “No!”

The knock at the door made the two of them turn again.

“Who is out there!?”

“I don’t know who they are,” Kris answered quickly. “But seeing as they have a gun, I don’t think their intentions are good.”

“W…what!?”

Kris started pacing while trying to think of an escape plan, but it was too late. The door was kicked open and it slammed against the wall noisily before the two men entered.

“There’s two of them,” the man at the front commented. “I thought we were told there was only the girl left.”

Grabbing Namjoo’s arm he pulled her behind him, “Who are you?”

“Then lets get rid of him first.” The man behind smiled before kicking the door shut.

Without warning the man grabbed Kris’ collar before shoving him against the wall and punched him.

~_____~

Namjoo took a step back when the man approached her and very nearly almost tripped over her weakened ankle. Her fists weren’t enough to fight him alone.

He grabbed her shoulders and took a folded handkerchief from his pocket before throwing her down onto the bed. She tried to kick him off until she felt pain shoot up from her fractured ankle. A painful cry shot out of her lips before she felt him try to smother her with the strange smelling handkerchief.

Namjoo tried to push his hand away with hers, but felt him grab onto her wrist to stop her fight. Useless with only one hand now she resorted to twisting her head every which way to avoid the touch of the handkerchief.

She hated being weak and helpless.

Reaching her hand around she felt for the cord of the bedside lamp and felt an idea spark in her mind. Tugging at the cord to bring the lamp closer she quickly wrapped her fingers around the lamp before bringing it over to smash into the man’s head.

Caught by the surprise she felt him fall to the side, the handkerchief falling beside her. Finally relieved she gulped in a deep breath. Then with a cough she clumsily rolled off the bed only to land on the floor.

~_____~

Another punch slammed into Kris’ face before he finally shoved the man off. Kris watched the man hit the floor after swinging his fast at him before looking for Namjoo. Pulling her up he flung the door open just as the man was recovering from his punch.

“I seriously can’t run,” Namjoo groaned as he pulled her along.

“For a bit, hang in there for a bit,” Kris coaxed before hurrying toward the elevators. “Are you ok?”

“I’m ok,” Namjoo replied wiping her lips.

“Come on,” he grabbed her hand and pulled her into the elevator. “They’re probably the same people who came after you in Wonju.”

“How would you know that?”

“Cause they’re after you again, aren’t they?”

Namjoo glanced up at him and didn’t say anything. The elevator door finally opened and they quickly headed for the doors.

~_____~

Tao, Suho, and Chorong raced from the elevator to the girls’ room only to discover the door had been left wide open.

“Namjoo?” Suho called out before turning to Chorong. “Go check the bathroom. Tao, go see if Kris is in.”

Suho walked in to observe the mess before discovering an ice pack on the ground and turned to the TV that had been left on. Chorong walked out of the bathroom just when he turned the TV off.

“I think she got attacked by surprise,” Suho stated and turned when he heard Tao running down the hallway.

“He’s not there.” Tao reported.

Suho heaved a sigh of relief, “That means they must be together, at least I hope so. We have to go find them before anything happens. If they escaped, they wouldn’t have gotten far. Namjoo’s still injured. Kris can’t fight them alone either. Oh for god’s sake, they’re both injured.”

“We should ask the front desk. I’m sure the people working must have seen them.” Chorong suggested.

~_____~

His shoulder ached from the impact of being thrown against the wall earlier and the soreness was traveling down his arm very slowly. This was great, just great. Neither of them was capable of perfectly defending themselves at the moment. Kris wasn’t getting any good ideas of where to go or how to fight them off either.

“Hold on,” Namjoo told pulling them to a stop.

“Are you ok?” he glanced down at her ankle.

“No, I am not ok,” Namjoo replied through gritted teeth then fished around in her pocket for her phone. “Suho, I tell you, you learn many things from being around him.”

“I bet,” he monotonously agreed.

~_____~

No one had seen Kris or Namjoo and no one seemed to remember their faces. Suho felt immense worry quickly penetrate him as they raced down the street.

Daegu was a metropolitan city, a big one. They could have run anywhere by now and Suho didn’t know the city thus he was unable to trace his way around. What if something terrible had happened to them? Or worst yet, what if Kris was also out there searching for Namjoo?

Concern flushed over him and he paused by the street light to catch his breath. He watched a crowd of young people cross by and thought back to when Namjoo used to call him out for going on blind dates. She had covered for him a lot during previous missions and he thought would need to start stepping up to give her a break, but if he couldn’t find her he wouldn’t have the chance to.

And that was when his phone rung.

“Where are you!?” he immediately questioned perplexed and relieved.

“I need your help.”

“Where are you!?” he repeated even louder.

“Oh…uh…I don’t know…” Namjoo seemed to be panting on the other end of the line. “Give me a minute.”

Suho listened cautiously and felt both Chorong and Tao turn to stare at him waiting for what would happen next.

“Pharmacy, a big medicine store with a blue sign,” Namjoo replied before Suho heard shrills of women and men in the background. “Namjoo!? Namjoo!?”

“What’s going on?” Tao questioned.

Suho frowned and spun around to look for a blue sign.

“What did Namjoo say, dammit!” Tao slightly raised his voice.

Suho glanced at him with slightly large eyes, but didn’t catch the overwhelming worry in his tone.

“Store, medicine store, it has a blue sign, I think they’re near there somewhere.”

“A medicine shop?” Chorong frowned then turned to point behind them. “I saw something in the opposite direction.”

~_____~

Namjoo barely dropped her phone when the gun shot rang in the air and everyone seemed to duck for cover. Kris grabbed her hand hurriedly urging her forward.

“We can’t stay out here,” Kris told, “not unless we want to injure innocents.”

Namjoo glanced around before pulling him into an alleyway where the sun was shining down.

“This is a dead end, Namjoo!”

“It’s fine, Suho’s on his way.”

Kris made a face and lifted his leg as a cat that just finished its lunch lurked by. Then he turned to see a dumpster just beside them.

“Great place to hide, eh?” the man turned around the corner seemingly blocking their only path to escape.

Releasing Namjoo’s hand he grabbed her lower arm to push her behind him.

“What do you want?” Kris asked.

“That girl behind you.”

“You’re not touching her.” He slightly gritted his teeth then slightly turned to Namjoo, “Get back.”    

“Kris, you don’t need to…”

“I said get back,” he repeated.

He felt Namjoo move back before he and the man lunged at each other. Their fists swung at each other as they shoved each other from wall to wall before Kris let out a yelp when he pressed his hand into his young wound. He felt a warm liquid soak through his shirt and his whole arm become somewhat numb.

The man laughed upon discovering the wound and purposely pressed his hand against Kris’ shoulder with even more strength. With an advantage discovered, the man eased his knee up to kick him in the stomach to which Kris belted over.

~_____~

Namjoo felt her lips drop apart upon the blood soaking through his shirt before Kris was knocked in the head with the gun. Her mind panicked when Kris was shoved to the ground. What should she do? What should she do?

“Well, lets end it here,” the man muttered before pointing his gun down at Kris.

Namjoo’s eyes widened and she glanced at Kris before turning to the man. A strong sharp pain shot up her leg as she lunged forward to push the man down and she heard the gun go off. Tightly clenching her eyes shut she felt them both land on the hard dirty concrete before opening her eyes. It had been a false alarm and she felt relief strike her.

A second later a shout of surprise left her when he grabbed her by her hair to pull her up. A loud slap crossed her face before she was shoved back down.

“Namjoo…” Kris murmured struggling to get up before another gun shot went off and they turned to see that the man’s companion, who had a bleeding eye, had followed them.

“Don’t move,” he warned, “or I’ll shoot.”

This time, Namjoo finally felt herself really panic. Where was Suho!? Where was Suho!?

“Finally,” the man commented, “took you long enough.”

Then he turned to look down at her. Namjoo felt herself gulp and her breathing become heavier when he grabbed her ankle to pull her toward him.

“What are you doing!?”

“The made me angry, so I’m going to teach her a lesson.”

“We’re supposed to bring her back unharmed.”

“Don’t let him move.”

Kris’ eyes widened when he realized the dangerous situation they were in and quickly tried to get up, but the man’s companion shook his head.

“I wouldn’t try that if I were you.” He warned waving his gun at Kris.

A scream belted out of Namjoo when the man took of his jacket tossing it aside and dragged her closer. She cried and screamed while twisting and turning trying to escape, but felt him grab her leg pulling her back toward him. Warning signals threw themselves all around in her head and she couldn’t find it in herself to call for help, but continue screaming until his fist plunged into her stomach.

Namjoo curled up from the pain becoming uneasily breathless before he forced her legs apart, pulled her toward him, and forcefully wrapped her legs around his hips. Ugly memories from the brothel crossed her mind and Namjoo thought of her mother, her father, and her brother before she started sobbing. Another horrified scream belted out of before he threw his hand over her lips to silence her.

When he started to bend over her again another gunshot echoed in the alley before everything seemingly paused.

“Tao!” she heard a voice scold. After another second passed by she recognized it as Suho’s.

A shocked gasp escaped her lips when the man fell over her and she heard footsteps run forward. She was unable to make sense of anything until someone shoved the dead man above her aside.

“Oh my god, Namjoo,” a voice called and she felt hands run over her face, “are you ok? Namjoo, can you hear me?”

She blinked and felt tears fall out before Tao hugged her in those big arms of his and instinctively she hugged him back while burying her face in his shoulder.

~_____~

“Nuh-uh,” Suho shook his head and pointed his gun at the man towering over Kris, who had immediately turned to point his gun at them. “I wouldn’t try that if I were you. Not unless you want to end up like your pal over there.” Suho then shrugged and continued, “I don’t handle guns often, but I won’t hesitate to shoot this one time.”

Suho’s eyes moved over to Tao and Namjoo before gesturing his head to Chorong.

“Get Kris.”

Quickly moving forward Chorong pulled the wounded Kris up.

“You ok?” she asked.

His eyes desolately moved over to Tao and Namjoo before nodding. 


***I honestly did not plan this portion of the chapter for Namjoo again :/ it happened while I was writing. But Suho came to the rescue! And of course, more drama next chapter!

***But wow, my image of Suho in my head just got cooler in this story OTL 

***I have the next two chapters ready to go and will probably update until I run out of chapters to post, but I shall return to 3 Ways for now! And might start another one shot if I'm up to it.