Out of Control

Blaze

 

~_____~

Kris was two shops away looking at something when she stepped out of the dumpling restaurant. With her stomach full and her energy revitalized she was prepared for any chase that might come her way. Namjoo walked toward him and discovered that he was looking through a selection of clothes.

She snorted in amusement, “Detective, we’re not here to shop.”

He turned to look at her not amused, “Here.” He tossed a shirt at her. “Wear a shirt or something. People are staring at you.”

Namjoo lifted her head up and let out a breath of exasperated annoyance. She pushed the shirt against him, “What business is it of yours?”

“Aren’t you embarrassed?”

Namjoo tilted her head to the side and bit her bottom lip. He was edging too much into her personal space. The last thing she needed was someone like Kris telling her how to dress.

“Why? Are you going to buy it?” she raised her head up as if to challenge him.

“Ahjumma, how much is that cheap shirt?” he turned away from her.

Namjoo rolled her eyes when he shoved the shirt into her arms. She watched him hand the ahjumma some money and turned when her phone rang.

“What is it?” she answered when she saw that it was only Suho.

“Yah,” he replied. She thought he sounded kind of worn out. “We’ve caught him.”

Namjoo narrowed her eyes, “Who? Cho Chin Ho? Are you kidding me? You’re lying to me, aren’t you?”

“I told you it’s Cho Chin Ho.”

“What’s with your voice?” Namjoo questioned. “You got injured, didn’t you? You did something reckless again, right? Right? Ugh!” Namjoo tossed her head back. “How stupid are you, Suho?”

“I’m not stupid. So quit your search there. Donghae’s going to be at the interrogation room. You better hurry there.”

“Let Donghae handle the interrogation. That’s not my part of the deal,” Namjoo refuted. “What’s with your voice? You got yourself hurt. I know you did. Are you a kid or something? How old are you? Isn’t it time for you to stop being reckless? I’ve told you plenty of times, douche, to think around the problem before trying to solve it your way. Are you always so immature? Aish…how badly hurt are you? Are you going to the hospital?”

“No, I’m not!” Suho raised his voice. “I didn’t do anything stupid. Stop calling me names.”

“Where are you? I’ll come pick you up.”

“If Donghae is right about this human trafficking stuff, you know what it means. So I’m telling you to quickly hurry back before anything gets found out.”

“Oh, he’ll be fine. There’s nothing Donghae can’t take care of.” Namjoo told him off before she heard the sirens of an ambulance crying in the background. “I hear an ambulance. Suho, where are you seriously? How badly hurt are you? I’ll head back. There’s a higher chance I’ll get back to Seoul before you do. Which hospital are you going to?”

“No, that’s not an ambulance. I’m not hurt.”

“Suho!”

“I’ll call you later.” He then hung up.

“Suho! Suho!” Namjoo screamed into her phone. 

Instinct told her he was injured. The tone of his voice told her he was injured. Suho was always reckless when on missions and barely succeeded in any without any scars. He was injured.

Namjoo swiveled around clutching the shirt Kris had shoved at her and started toward the parking lot. She furiously called Suho again and again, but he’d turned his phone off.

~_____~

When Kris turned around he saw Namjoo furiously talking into her phone. It was Suho this, Suho that. When he stepped closer, he heard the worry masked by the anger in her voice and wondered if she didn’t know how to speak any nicer. She was so loud and seemed to be scolding Suho who was on the other line. Kris wondered how Donghae and Suho ever dealt with her.

He watched her head back toward the car and heard her grumble, “That brat…”

She unlocked her car before recalling the shirt he’d bought her earlier and shot him a small glare before slipping it on.

“Who was it…Chorong, Park Chorong, right? She’s the one that went with Suho, right?” Namjoo immediately asked when she turned the engine on. “Call her.”

“What?”

Namjoo turned to look at him with fire burning in her eyes, “Did you really not understand what I just said?”

Why was she shooting fire at him? Kris frowned at her irritated with her temper before calling Chorong.

“Oh, Kris, what’s up?” Chorong came onto the line.

Kris turned to look at Namjoo who spouted, “Ask for Suho. What happened and where is he?”

He hated abiding by her orders, but had no choice at the moment. “How is it over there?”

“We caught Cho Chin Ho.” Chorong replied.

“What about Suho?”

“Suho?” Chorong seemed surprised that he was asking. “He got hurt…Cho Chin Ho drove his car into us. Suho’s on his way to the hospital.”

“Car collision,” Kris turned to Namjoo. “He’s gone to the hospital.”

“Which one?”

“Which one?” Kris spoke into the receiver.

“I’m not sure,” Chorong answered, “who are you talking to?”

“Ah…you know,” Kris replied as not to say Namjoo’s name.

“I’m heading to the detention center. See you there?”

“You bet.” He said before hanging up.

They were quiet for the next several minutes. When Kris glanced over at her, a mark of concentration had crossed over her expression. The person who irritated him had become perplexed with emotions that she’d suddenly quieted. Namjoo’s eyes fixated themselves so hard on the road that they seemed to burn the concrete. He glanced at the new shirt she was wearing and for some reason reminded himself that she had a boyfriend. The sudden flashback of that man dumping his ice cold water on her reappeared in his head and he suddenly turned to gaze out of the window when he saw her stripping her shirt off.    

Annoyed with his train of thoughts he said angrily, “Yah, pull over.”

Namjoo turned to frown at him displeased with his order.

“I said pull over!” he deepened his tone.

“What the heck!?” she scorned while doing as told. “What’s your problem?”

Kris pulled off his seatbelt and stepped out. He walked around the car and pulled open the door on her side. Namjoo stared up at him with fiery eyes.

“Get out.” He gestured his head toward the road.

Namjoo snorted shocked by his absurd behavior. Short on patience he bent down and drew himself pass her before pressing the button to release her seatbelt. Namjoo stiffened in her seat when he brushed passed her again. He stood and waited. With a roll of her eyes Namjoo stomped out of the driver’s seat. When she was out he took over the driver’s seat and pulled the seatbelt over him.

“What are you…” she started with a contorted face mixed with confusion, impatience, and anger.

“Get in.” he ordered.

Namjoo bit her tongue before dragging herself to the passenger’s side and got into the car swearing to herself that she’d get him when she had the chance. Kris finally felt more at ease now that he had something to keep his mind on. Stepping onto the accelerator he sped down the high way back to Seoul.

~_____~

Donghae marched down the hallway calmly. He couldn’t wait to see this Cho Chin Ho and see what things he had to tell them. Officer Choi, the oversized deputy, was in charge of the interrogation again. His boss, Lee Suk Jin, had barred him from the interrogation room after the last incident. Donghae was only permitted into the watch room on the second floor.

Officer Park was awaiting them in the watch room ready to record the interrogation. It was a rectangular room, a room that didn’t need to be too big since it was only used to over watch interrogations. When he stepped into the watch room Officer Park immediately stood up with a bow.

“This is Officer Park who’s in charge of recording the interrogation going on in the room below,” Donghae introduced him to the others.

He caught Tao glancing around curiously. There was an expression of grumpiness on his face since Donghae had bought him something small from a fast food restaurant and rushed him through his meal. It was a miracle that he wasn’t complaining yet.

“Can they see us from down there?” Victoria asked walking toward the long window.

“The window’s tinted,” Officer Park explained. “They can’t see us.”

She nodded and turned to look at the brightly lit up room.

“Are they bringing him in?” Donghae asked Officer Park.

“They’ve just arrived a little over 10 minutes ago. It’s going to take some time.” Officer Park told.

~_____~

As soon as Kris parked in the lot of the detention center, Namjoo bolted out of the car.

“What’s with her,” he mumbled underneath his breath before grabbing the keys and stepped out after locking the door.

He calmly walked into the building and could hear Namjoo running up the stairs to the far right. With a sigh and a roll of his eyes he followed her up.

~_____~

Donghae was growing impatient. He couldn’t help it. Cho Chin Ho held the key to the trafficking ring in Wonju. Donghae need the location in order for his next move. The door behind him burst open and they all turned to see Namjoo panting out of breath. She hung against the door and let her eyes run over them.

“Has it started?” she questioned.

“What are you doing here?” Donghae wondered.

Namjoo didn’t do with interrogations and she never had the interest to watch them. It was the first time he was seeing her there. Then he turned to look at Kris who appeared behind Namjoo.

“Where’s Suho?” he wondered.

She straightened up and looked around again, “You don’t know? I thought he called you.”

Confusion rung in his ears. “I got a call from the west district that picked Cho Chin Ho up.”

A frown crushed Namjoo’s face, “An ambulance picked him up.” Then she groaned. “That idiot.”

“Does that mean the two of them got injured in Uijeongbu?” Lay spoke up.

Namjoo walked in the room and peered out the window. “I’m not sure.”

“Sorry, I’m late,” Chorong rushed into the room and closed the door after her.

Donghae first took in the fact that she was scratch free. That only meant that Suho had let himself get hurt in the process. It was too like him. He would have to worry about Suho later.

“Are you ok?” Donghae asked. “I heard there was an accident.”

Chorong nodded.

“She looks fine,” Namjoo said under her breath before turning to look out the window. “Guess that’s him.”

That caught all Donghae’s attention. He turned to look out the window to see an officer walking a handcuffed Cho Chin Ho in and seated him down onto the chair facing the window. Donghae got a nice good look at his broad facial structure. He had thin eyes with thick brows of mightiness. His lips were curvy and thin. The bulky shoulders on his body told Donghae that he fought a lot. Cho Chin Ho was a dangerous one.

Officer Choi walked into the dim interrogation room and took a seat across from him. The dirty table scarred with pencil marks roughened up by the slamming of palms and slapping of manila folders and physical brawls.

Everyone silenced in the watch room and neared the window for a view of the scene below.

“Raise the volume,” Donghae gestured to Officer Park.

He cranked something up on the studio by him and voices came on air.

“Listen here,” Officer Choi’s old man voice ordered as he tapped a pen against the tabletop, “I’m going to make this short for you. I’ve already got the deal about you from your two underdogs. Who is it that you work for?”

“Underdogs?” he repeated with disgust. “I don’t know who you’re talking about. I think you’ve caught the wrong person. I’m only a mediator.”

“Don’t think your lies are going to work here,” Officer Choi warned, “who’s your boss? I know you work from Wonju. Where in Wonju is your boss?”

“I’m telling you I don’t know no ,” Cho Chin Ho muttered. “Do you think I’m on drugs? I’m too good for those gangs.”

“Where are the little girls? Where are you and your boss keeping them?”

Cho Chin Ho threw his head back and expressed his frustration through a maniac laughter, “I’m a mediator. Didn’t I say that? Or were you not listening?”

Officer Choi drew his hand up into a fist, “I’m asking for your boss’ name.”

“I’m a mediator, did I not say that!?” Cho Chin Ho raised his voice that it echoed around the room. “I don’t know any about what you’re on. What did those two s say? Because I sure as hell do not know them.”

Officer Choi’s face scrunched up into a frown, “What are you talking about?”

“If you’re talking about Wonju, you better look for a man named Hyukjae instead. He’s the hole who pays for the little girls. You’re talking about ion, those missing little girls, aren’t you? I heard your little buddies talking about it in the car,” Cho Chin Ho went on bitterly. “I don’t do ion nor am I low enough to take weak women and girls off the street. I quit my gang business to pass around information on the street.” His eyes were furious. “I don’t do that low . Those asses are making me a scapegoat in their little war with each other. Hyukjae and Kim Dae Ho,” Cho Chin Ho hissed angrily. “I will serve my sentence, but I’ve done no wrong. The one behind all of this is that ing Hyukjae.”

Donghae’s nerves tensed when Cho Chin Ho mentioned Hyukjae and labeled him as part of the human trafficking ring. No…Eunhyuk wasn’t like that. He’d never hurt a fly. Why was he blaming his friend? Eunhyuk didn’t do dirty work! Why was he bad naming his friend!?

~_____~

Kris saw Namjoo’s shoulders stiffen up. Her eyes darted over to the tense Donghae before she quickly spun around.

“Tao! Block the door!” Namjoo yelled.

Tao slightly frowned, “Why?”

“Do what I say!” Namjoo shouted before her arms flung out at Donghae who was quickly spinning around to make his way out. “No! You’re not going anywhere!”

“Don’t get in my way, Namjoo.” Donghae snarled.

His eyes were dark with resentment. He was much different from the calm easygoing leader Kris had seen yesterday and early in the morning who had everything under control always. Victoria, Lay, and Chorong look confused at the sudden situation.

“Hyukjae runs that ion ring. If you want him, you and your buddies to go Won…”

“Turn it off!” Namjoo shot her head at Officer Park who immediately did so.

Donghae forced himself another step ahead, but Namjoo grounded her feet and held him back with all her strength. “You’re not allowed down there.”

“Namjoo!” Donghae shook his head angrily. “I’m warning you. Move aside.”

“No!” Namjoo resisted.

“I’m not going to let that bastard talk crap about Eunhyuk like that. Eunhyuk isn’t like that. No…he wouldn’t do it…”

“How can you be sure it’s him!?” Namjoo revolted. “You have to calm down first or you’re not stepping out of this room.”

“I said get out of my way!” Donghae shoved her into the window so hard that Kris feared the window might crack.

The way Donghae just turned away from her to make his way for the door told Kris that Donghae was serious. He almost debated whether to aid Namjoo first or to stop Donghae. He chose the latter.

Tao had positioned himself in front of the door as Namjoo had ordered while everyone else blocked Donghae.

“Let go of me. You’re not to block my way.” Donghae furiously grumbled.

Victoria had silently been waiting for Donghae to falter. “Officer Park, do you have handcuffs on you?” 


***I sense some ual attraction between KrisJoo xDDD

***And now for the bigger issue, Eunhyuk. More action and more Victoria soon and a little bit of HaeToria coming up. 

***Oh...and thank you for the upvotes. I greatly appreciate them, though I wasn't expecting any 0__0

***I have a new cover up and boy does Lay always end up awkward on my covers -_______-

***And I made a TaoJoo edit for fun last night xDDD http://min-ll.tumblr.com/post/40163667805