Teamwork (?)

Blaze

Suho pressed his lips together. He honestly hadn’t expected this.

The two men above them had dark faces. They probably hadn’t expected any visitors and had wanted to leave as quickly as they’d come.

“Who are you?” the one who first stepped out demanded.

Suho blinked his eyes while Kris answered, “Well you know, dropping in on you to see how you’re doing. Just that.”

He turned to frown at Kris at the unexpected greeting. He supposed Kris did have his own sort of humor, but Suho was more intimidated by the two men in front of him. Suho wasn’t a big fan of one-on-ones or in any fight that called for the use of a gun. But it wasn’t right to let Kris fight them all alone.

Suho would rather drive his car recklessly and total it than have to fight like this. He hadn’t had a fight like this in a long time…actually he’d never had a one-on-one before.

~_____~

“Thank you, thank you,” the little girl’s mother continuously thanked and Chorong continuously bowed to her before they were finally escorted out of the station.

Chorong heaved a loud sigh and plopped down into the seat next to Lay.

“Looks like we have to wait and hear from headquarters first,” Lay commented glancing at his phone before tucking it away into his back pocket. “You really scared me back there. You could’ve gotten killed, you know?”

Chorong awkwardly laughed still recalling the thrill of the moment when she’d just lunged at those men. Only recalling that now brought her chills and shivers. She’d pulled a 50/50. If she hadn’t had luck she could’ve been shot and it would’ve been over for her. Chorong had really done something dangerous back there.

“Well you know, I just took Suho’s motto: reckless in front of danger,” Chorong murmured.

“Suho isn’t always smart either,” Lay pointed out.

Chorong slightly narrowed her head and remembered the two times Suho had totaled his car, “I know, but he always has luck on his side. And he knows what he’s doing nonetheless.”

“Yea?” Lay asked. “You were pretty lucky back there too.”

“Thanks to you,” Chorong turned to him with a smile and they were interrupted when one of the Chief Sergeants came for them.

“You’re from the military intelligence unit under Lee Donghae?” he questioned.

“Yes,” Chorong nodded getting to her feet.

“The criminal charges are being transferred back to Seoul,” he explained.

“Thank you,” she and Lay thanked before finally leaving the station.

~_____~

“Maybe you should just go back,” Tao stopped midway down the block from their hotel when he turned around to see Namjoo limping behind him. “Don’t tell me that you’ll be running in that condition.”

“Do I look like a pushover to you?” Namjoo shot back. “I can walk, you do the running then.”

Tao let out a sigh while waiting for her to catch up, “What do you expect to do like that, seriously. Take your gun out and blow heads?”

Namjoo narrowed her eyes at him, “I’ll chew your guts out before that.”

Tao snorted and turned when Namjoo finally caught up, “You’re such a hindrance, really.”

“Look at you,” Namjoo eyed him up and down. “Do you even know what you’re doing in the first place? I’ll remind you that I’m the one in charge here.”

“Yea? Well you don’t look very much like you’re in charge.”

“As if you can do this yourself,” Namjoo muttered.

“I very much think that I can,” Tao argued back. Stopping again he turned to her, “Look, I’ll carry you back and do the rest myself. You won’t be able to walk in a few days if you keep putting pressure on your ankle. What do you expect to do when we get to Daegu?”

“I can think I can fare for myself,” Namjoo’s eyes blazed, “don’t think I’ll let you tell me what I can do or not do.”

“I’m just helping you in case you get crippled later!” Tao shot back.

I,” Namjoo raised her voice, “should be worrying about that!”

“If you’re worried then go back!” Tao retaliated. “A person who’s supposed to lead the team like you should at least be able to look after herself before saving the asses of others from danger.”

Namjoo was about to fire back at him, but slightly tilted backward when a man unintentionally nudged her as he walked by. Tao quickly caught her arm and helped her back onto her two feet before he let out a sigh.

“See, this,” Tao pointed out, “what do you expect to do like this?”

“He bumped into me!” Namjoo shouted. “I didn’t walk into a pole.”

Namjoo pulled her arm out of his hold and limped forward. Tao rolled his eyes before following her.

~_____~

Bad. This was very bad.

“Are they the cops?” one of them asked the other.

“I don’t know, but lets get rid of them here,” the other pulled a handgun out from behind him.

Suho pressed his lips together as the two men slowly started down the stairs toward them. What was he going to do?

His eyes quickly scurried around the open space of the factory. There was no place to hide or run to for cover. Open shooting in here meant open kill. There wasn’t much chance of a survival for him in this game.

“So…any plan?” Kris whispered.

“You’re asking me!?” Suho whispered back bewildered.

“You always have something in mind, don’t you?”

Undeterminable words slurred out of Suho’s lips baffled and he glanced around before looking back at Kris, “You…you shoot.”

Suho slowly stepped back before suddenly darting away from Kris.

“Hey! What hell!?” Kris shouted after him before Suho instantly heard gun shots penetrating the air.

Suho ran behind a large square metal box which connected to the ceiling and slightly touched it before pulling his hand back.

“Oh that thing’s hot!” he murmured.

When he poked his head out he saw Kris wrestling with one of the two men.

Suho frowned, “Weren’t there two?”

Then he heard a short laugh from behind and immediately spun around to see the heavily built man with a smirk on his face. Suho dropped a cry and reached out for the man. Pivoting his foot he swung the man against the heater and heard him scream before his eyes aimed for the gun in his hand.

Though fact was that he hated guns, he had no choice now. Still recovering from the pain of the thick heat against his back Suho elbowed him ing him back against the heater and took the gun from him.

Slowly backing away with the gun in his hand Suho warned, “Don’t move. I’ll shoot.”

He slightly glanced back at Kris to see him get punched in the face before he flipped onto the ground. His opponent raised the gun in his hand at Suho before pointing it down at Kris.

“Drop the gun,” he ordered.

Suho gulped. Sweat trickled down the back of his neck and he readjusted his hold on the gun. He would have never foreseen this situation.

A shout rammed out of his chest when the man behind him shoved him to the ground and the gun went spiraling into the wall. Hope seemed to vanish in a heartbeat and Suho closed his eyes to let out a sigh.

~_____~

Namjoo let out a short laugh, “You’re kidding.”

She stared up at the gigantic ferris wheel in front of her then to the other rides at the amusement park they’d just stepped into. Little kids screamed, laughed, and shouted all around her. It didn’t take long before she thought her ears were ringing.

“Well, kids usually go running off from their parents at big places like these,” Tao said beside her.

“Big?” Namjoo asked scanning her eyes over the entire area.

“Well…big for kids, I mean,” Tao corrected.

Namjoo tried to withhold from rolling her eyes and took a step back as two little boys chasing each other ran by.

“I’m really not into kids,” Namjoo mumbled.

“We didn’t come here to get you one.”

“I didn’t ask for your comment,” Namjoo glanced up at him. “So where do you expect to look here?”

“Walk around until something happens,” Tao replied.

She shot him another glance before walking in a random direction. Her eyes busily scanned the long lines in wait to go on the particularly frightening rides. A whoosh of wind would come flying into her face whenever the rides swerved down toward the ground and she felt sick almost thinking of being inside them.

She found herself groaning a few minutes later before the two of them suddenly halted.

“Help! My baby!” a middle aged woman’s scream floated into the air.

Namjoo and Tao turned as a stranger carrying a bawling toddler clumsily in his arms came running by. On impulse Tao darted ahead after him and Namjoo followed. To her dismay she couldn’t run, but limp. A sharp pain shot up her ankle forcing her to the ground.

~_____~

Tao who was running ahead glanced around for her before he slowed once he saw her in pain. To chase the man or not? He glanced toward the crowd in front of him and back to Namjoo a few times before he let out a sigh and jogged back toward her.

“I told you you should have gone back to the hotel!” Tao scolded heavily grabbing her arm to hoist her up. “Are you ok?”

“What the hell are you doing!?” Namjoo shoved him away. “Why aren’t you going after them? You ! Why did you come back here!?”

Tao stared at her stupefied and felt his lips fall apart. He turned to glance behind him before turning to her.

“Who told you try running then!? You should have been more careful!”

“I’m not your job here, Tao!” Namjoo screamed back. “You were supposed to save that child!”

Tao felt anger flush through him at how insolent Namjoo was being. Here was concerned for her well-being and all she cared about was their job. She was the most annoying person he’d ever met, but he also hated how he couldn’t ditch her because of some stupid reason.

“Coming through! Move it!” a man shouted and they turned to see a police officer with a man in handcuffs walk by.

They turned to stare at the sight before glancing at each other.

~_____~

“Ok, lets do this,” Donghae stretched his arms out in front of him as they walked out of the restaurant that morning. “Lets work well today.”

“Depends if you can,” Victoria shot him a glance.

Donghae eyed her back before starting down the street.

“Where do kids hang out these days? The playground?”

“No, parents are most attentive at playgrounds,” Victoria rejected his suggestion.

“Really,” Donghae said, “not big ones like that?”

He pointed toward a large park surrounded by a scenery of green grass and trees. There was a large outside jungle gym and kids of all sizes and ages were busily climbing the monkey bars and coming down the slides.

“Sometimes,” Donghae continued, “I think parents forget to watch their children and impose themselves into conversation with other adults. You want to bet?”

Victoria glanced at him, “I still don’t think anyone would be stupid enough to take a child in such a public place.”

“Funny thing to say,” Donghae commented monotonously. “Kids love candy, don’t they? Bribes work a lot in areas like these.”

“Fine, of course kids love sweets,” Victoria nodded, “so what? I think we should look elsewhere.”

Donghae looked at her and heaved a sigh before twisting his neck, “Fine, as you please.”

As if it had been on signal they heard a deafening cry pierce the sky from behind. Their eyes swerved toward the playground to see a woman crying despairingly.

“My baby! My baby!”

Donghae watched her hand reach out for a passing red van and his head turned to watch it pass.

“Get the car,” Donghae ordered before dashing down the street.

Being careful to keep the red van in sight his eyes sought the road for any incoming cars and quickly ran red lights. Cars beeped and people swore at him, but none of that mattered. Donghae’s legs moved so fast that he barely saw anyone he was running into and he didn’t even stop to apologize to them. As his breath pounded and his feet hurled after one another he reached his hand back for the gun hidden behind his jacket.

The traffic lights up ahead were transitioning to an orange and a second later hit the red. Donghae could hear himself panting as he came to a quick halt. He was on the block adjacent to the van and he was right behind it. If he was at the right angle he’d be able to aim for its tire, but a white Corolla was blocking his view.

Donghae heaved a sigh and backtracked a few steps. Pulling his gun out he held it within his grasp, lowered himself onto a knee, and squinted his eyes.

“Get down!” he screamed as loud as possible.

Women screamed when they saw the gun in his hand and immediately scrambled for cover. Almost every pedestrian ducked for cover and some clumsily escaped into buildings for safety. The wild moving of the citizens made it difficult as they ran around him and Donghae fought hard for concentration.

From the corner of his eye he saw the traffic light of the opposing road turn orange, which all but meant that if he didn’t make the shot now it’d be too late. As human as he was he didn’t think he could continue running anymore.

Donghae eased his breathing and pressed the trigger just as the light turned green. The van spurred forward and Donghae heard the tire screech. There was a loud crash and he stiffened. Donghae’s eyes widened when he saw their rented car quarter of the way down the street that was supposed to have come to a pause due to the red light.

He watched Victoria move from the driver’s seat to the passenger side and pushed the door open. His face contorted into disbelief.

Victoria walked around the rented car to the driver’s side of the red van and pointed her gun to the man in the driver’s seat.

“Is she crazy!?” Donghae muttered to himself.

The people around him stared and slowly started moving again when he stood. Glancing down both directions of the street he reached for his badge and held it out to stop traffic before running toward Victoria. He was ready to scold her for her reckless behavior, but stopped when the man in the red van stepped out of his vehicle with arms raised.

This stranger didn’t look any bit intimidating, but rather he looked like a kind and pitiful man who worked hard for a day’s salary. His hands had dirt on them and there were stains of grass on his knees, which told Donghae he had just returned from working hard in some kind of garden.

“Did I do something wrong?” he asked. “I swear I didn’t do anything, officer!”

Victoria frowned at him before walking toward the van and pulled the door open. Donghae felt his jaw drop when he saw empty seats and a box of gardening tools sitting on the floor. 


***Ha~ Update!

***The only ones in real trouble now are Suho & Kris hahaha

***Romance for TaoJoo next chapter! 

***And boy are HaeToria in for a real mess this time! The leaders have messed up guys! lololol 

***I actually forgot what I had planned for HaeToria, so I decided to have them mess up while writing cause they're always too serious and fighting. But guess this calls for another argument next chapter ^^ Actually I was only going to give some groups action and others nothing, but plans changed when I wrote the last chapter for Lay and Chorong. haha! it's coming along well though! 

**And I miss jealous Kris lol!