A Spark

Love is Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Guys, let’s set up a bonfire” Hyo Min suggested. It was the 4th day of their stay in the resort. Tomorrow, they would be leaving and after that, Super Junior will be busy with their schedules once more.

Everyone expressed their agreement. They were finished eating dinner and were all itching for something to do.

The sun was just about to set but, in the beach, a new fire was lit up. Each of them sat on a make-shift seat consisting of logs they found lying around the sand.

Everyone gathered around the fire. This was actually the first thing they did together. For the past few days, they were divided by their own activities. It was always at least 5 doing one thing together and the rest absorbed in something else. Now, they had the chance to share a moment where everyone could share and relate to; it was something everyone could remember from the trip.

“I really like it here” Eeteuk said, breaking the silent atmosphere the elusive fire brought.

“Me too”

“I second that”

“I don’t wanna leave”

“I think none of us do” Sungmin said.

“5 days were too short” Ryeowook said.

Right from the topic of the beach, their conversation seemed to jump from one thing to another. Sometimes they would turn dramatic and other times they would all end up laughing. Even a single chuckle would turn the whole circle into a fitting round of laughs. One would suddenly turn serious and the rest would also turn serious. One would express a sentimental side and everyone would be sharing and talking in sympathetic tones. With a single word, they turned from that to a sudden exchange of ghost stories. All their voices were seemingly hushed and desolated. Everyone felt themselves huddling near each other particularly, Hyo Min, who was seated next to Henry. She blushed in the dark but was quickly reabsorbed in Donghae’s story.

After 2 more ghost stories, once more, their roulette of topics spun. Hyun Hee and Kyuhyun’s eyes abruptly met when it was turned to the subject of first love. Both of them bowed their heads in embarrassment; they didn’t catch each other’s glance after that.

They were each growing closer, crazier and more random by the second. So random that there was even a point when they suddenly found themselves singing ‘The Three Bears Song.’

By the time their stomachs hurt too much from laughing and they were finally tired of talking, the moon was high up and the dark blue sky was drenched in stars. Some were yawning already and the others came close to falling asleep on their seats.

“I think this is enough for now”

“We have to talk like this again some other time”

“Definitely”

“Of course”

Simultaneously, all of them stood up. They met each other’s eyes.

“Um, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter