Surprises

Love is Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Bye, Hyung. Have fun.”

This was not the first time Henry had said those words. For a while now, he had been on the sofa watching the other members of Super Junior leave the front door with overnight bags strapped behind them.

Leeteuk had been the first to go, hitching a ride with the manager on the way to his hometown.

Hankyung and Zhoumi left in the wee hours of the morning to catch a flight back to China.

Kibum, Donghae and Eunhyuk had their families merge together for a skiing trip.

Shindong had been bent on planning his holiday with Nari and their families and it was finally happening.

Siwon was busy with his acting projects abroad.

The managers had planned on resolving Sungmin and Yesung’s ongoing awkwardness with some kind of camping trip. Ryeowook came along as well, seeing as he was close to the both of them.

Kangin was more than thrilled to step out of the dorm with his trolley for a trip to London with his family and their relatives who, apparently, reside there.

Kyuhyun, who had been a little secretive the past few days, simply left without a word. And they did not really wonder why. He had always been weird, anyway.

The only person left now was Heechul.

Henry was only counting down the minutes until he would be left alone, with no one to wish ‘Merry Christmas’ to. It was a pity that he was not able to book any flights to Canada. With so much going on, it had all slipped his mind.

He slumped down where he was sitting and closed his eyes, hoping it would all be over sooner rather than later.

Happy holidays, Henry Lau

As he was drowning himself in his pre-determined lonesomeness, faint footsteps made their way to the living room.

Here it comes

“What are you doing?”

He looked up to see Heechul all dressed up in the most comfortable clothes and set for a long car ride.

“Hyung, I’m just sitting here.”

Heechul scoffed, “Get up now.”

“Why, hyung? There’s nowhere to go to.” He asked, knitting his eyebrows together.

“Shut up and just do what I tell you.”

With that firm air of authority, Henry could not help but abide.

“Now go to your room and pack up.”

Henry gazed at him, questioningly.

“Why?”

Heechul sighed and stared at Henry.

“Because you’re spending Christmas at the Kims.” he said in a nonchalant tone.

On his little niche on the sofa, Henry was b with happiness at what he had heard.

“Are you serious, hyung?”

His eyes were practically sparkling.

“Why? Do you want me to take it back?” Heechul retorted.

“No, no,” Henry said, frantically shaking his hands in front of him. “I would love to spend Christmas with you and your family. Thank you.”

“I can’t just leave you here with your miserable little , okay?” Heechul answered, matter-of-factly.

“You are a gift from the gods, hyung. Really.”

Heechul smirked and fanned himself, “There’s no need to tell me something that I already know. Now, can you just shut up and go to your room?”

“I will!” Henry said, marching towards the hallway in the most cheerful manner.

“Hurry up! I mean it! My sister’s waiting. We still have to pick her up.” Heechul called out behind him.

Henry smiled.

It seemed as if Christmas was going to be even more beautiful than he had thought.

 

With an overnight pack strapped behind her, Kim Hyomin stood by the front of Gung Jang Residences trying to be her most patient self. She switched her balance from one foot to the other, hoping to kill some time. She waited, hoping a certain vehicle would drive by her line of vision.

“Finally.” she muttered as a familiar white van strode past the driveway and stopped in front of her.

The window rolled down, revealing the driver.

 “Did you wait long?”

Hyomin gaped at him, unable to get her words right.

“Wha—What are you doing here?”

Henry smiled, gesturing behind him.

Hyomin approached the van and peeked.

Sprawled on the back seat, asleep like a baby, was her evil older brother.

“Right,” she sighed, settling herself on the passenger’s seat. “What? Did he hire you as a chauffeur or something?”

“I actually offered to drive. As a thank you.” Henry answered, helping Hyomin with her seatbelt. Oh so slig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter