Day-off

Love is Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What is wrong with you?” Hyomin said, shaking both of her friend’s shoulders. Hyun Hee’s teeth rattled because of its intensity. She nearly dropped her chopsticks on the floor.

“He’s a perfectly good guy with perfectly good intentions and you just had to do that?”

With an exasperated sigh, Hyomin gave Hyun Hee one final shake before letting go.

Over a passage of 3 days, the two were finally enjoying a proper meal together.

Hyun Hee crossed her arms over her chest, “Hey. You know just because things are going great with Henry, doesn’t mean you can already be the judge of what I do with my—“

She was about to say ‘dating’

“—life”

“That is not true,” she answered, narrowing her eyes at her. “I just want you to be happy”

Hyun Hee shook her head then rolled her eyes.

“At least he didn’t disappear without a word. Like some people we know. That Ky—”

Hyun Hee glared at her.

Hyomin was the only one who knew everything about the incident with him. After she told her, they agreed never to bring it up again.

Do not even think about mentioning that name

“Off to another topic,” Hyomin said, eating a California Maki in one bite and steering herself away from Hyun Hee’s wrath. “What do you plan on doing on the 10th, almost birthday girl?"

It was already November and this fact was evident in the weather; the nights were getting colder and longer.

Letting her chopsticks slide to the side of her bowl, Hyun Hee considered Hyomin’s question.

 “I’ll probably have lunch with the people from the company”

Hyomin continued to watch her, waiting.

When she did not say any more, her head shot up, “Wait, that’s it?”

Hyun Hee nodded.

Feeling betrayed, she threatened to leave.

“I thought you were better than this, Park Hyun Hee”

Abandoning her meal, she made the gesture to go.

“Hey,” Hyun Hee said, grabbing Hyomin’s wrist and sitting her down. “That’s a given. My birthday cannot be complete without a couple of flower boys and a slightly weird, but awesome best friend”

Hyomin brought the smile back to her lips.

“So, what do you have in mind?”

“How ‘bout…Dinner at my place?”

Hyomin beamed, pleased with her friend's idea. 

 

Some streets, a few turns and a number of buildings away, was a completely different scenario.

Spacebar

Ctrl-C

Alt

Ctrl-C

Attack

Attac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter