Overwhelmed

Love is Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy Birthday dear Hyun Hee

Happy Birthday to you

The floating flames blazed brightly in front of her as they sang. She closed her eyes and made a wish, knowing exactly what she wanted.

Please

With a puff of air, she blew them out.

Everyone around her cheered and clapped. She looked around the circle, feeling warm over the arms that entrapped her inside.

Today, the practice room was transformed into a party room. Balloons of all colors and shapes hovered along the walls. The confetti from the Party Poppers was sprawled all over the floor. On a long table laid the remnants of a hearty feast.

The actors and actresses, who were usually busy with rehearsals, danced as the music played in the background. With such hectic schedules, days like these were rare. Separating themselves from their rigorous routines even just for an afternoon, they let loose and celebrated.

The young director, who was aloft on her director’s chair on most days—serious and strict, was running around like a child. Her own grandmother was threatening to give her a face full of cake. Even Woon Ha, the composed and collected subordinate, was into his boss’ scheme.

“Hyun Hee, your grandmother is quicker than you!” Sang Hee called out as she chased her.

Hyun Hee continued to dodge her grandmother’s persistent moves. Knowing her, Sang Hee was not one to give up until she got the outcome she wanted.

“I got you now!”

As if by fate, Hyun Hee suddenly found herself face-to-face with Kim Joonmyun. Using him as a human shield, she hid behind him.

Determinedly, the Chocolate cake flew from Sang Hee’s hands; they all watched its trajectory.

Towards Joonmyun’s face.

Unable to speak, Hyun Hee stood beside him, open-mouthed.

Joonmyun pursed his lips, not sure what to make of this situation. He tried to look pleased; that it was all fine.

But failed.

“Joonmyun,” Hyun hee said, stepping into his line of sight. “Are you okay?”

He glanced at his boss, his boss’ assistant, his co-actors, and at Hyun Hee. He breathed, “Cocoa’s good for the skin, rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter