Dinner

Love is Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyun Hee walked inside the restaurant with an apologetic smile dancing on her lips.

He was not at all hard to spot; even with the simplest of attires and the most discreet of colors, Joonmyun stood out from the crowd.

Maybe it was the angelic smile and the innocent confidence that crowned him like a halo that was so easy to catch.

A couple of waitresses glanced his way. From a nearby table, a group of middle-aged women regarded him with interest.

Joonmyun did not notice any of this attention. He neither cared nor wanted it. His own attention was directed somewhere else.

She made her way over to his table. He stood up and bowed when he saw her. With an atoning eagerness, she greeted him at the same time.

They ended up slightly bumping their heads to each other.

They mirrored each other’s laughter.

“Please, sit” he said, pulling out the chair for her. Obliging, she thanked him.

She surveyed her surroundings. Everything spelled elegance; from the elaborate designs on the table linen and carpets to the ornate walls to the classical music playing, right down to the pleasant smell of fine dining. Not to mention, the people.

Expensive was written all over the place.

Hyun Hee felt even guiltier for making him wait. What did he think of her now?

He probably hates me

 “I’m really really sorry, I lost track of time and I didn’t know the auditions would take that long” she said, biting the inside of her lip.

Warily, she searched his face for any sign of annoyance. She sensed none; not even a single speck. If he had any displeasure, then he hid them well.

“It’s absolutely fine. I was the one who asked you to be here in the first place, so I understand” he said, taking the menu from the table. “Shall we order?”

She nodded, smiling at him once more. Hyun Hee reached for the menu as Joonmyun handed it to her.

For someone who was not at all interested in dating an actor, she suddenly found herself having dinner with one.

But technically, it wasn’t a date. Rather than think of it as such, she treated these shared meals as a way to get acquainted with her colleagues. Besides, Joonmyun was no ordinary colleague; he was the newbie. Being a member of the company for only a few weeks, he was still adjusting. Hyun Hee was more than willing to help him get through that.

She felt the need to reassure herself because of Hyomin’s, and the rest of the company’s, (but really mostly Hyomin’s) constant teasing and taunting.

It was dinner.

Nothing more, nothing less.

She hoped that was as clear to him as it was to her.

A considerable amount of minutes passed. The waiter stood by the side of their table in an obsequious stance, ready to take down their orders.

Hyun Hee and Joonmyun exchanged smiles.

“I’d like—“

They grinned, having enunciated the words at the same time.

“You first—“

They exchanged amused glances. Though the two thought of it as a comedic matter, the grouchy waiter did not think so.

Joonmyun gestured for her to go ahead.

Hyun Hee volleyed the suggestion back at him.

The waiter rolled his eyes.

“May I suggest a Greek salad for your entree?” ‘Grouchy’ said, cutting in.

Joonmyun faced Hyun Hee for approval.

“I’d like that”

He turned to the waiter.

“We’d like that”

Similar in tastes, they both ordered meals and dri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter