Sunset

Love is Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I love you so much.”

Kyuhyun smiled and bowed, taking the neatly wrapped present from the girl’s outstretched hands. In the most subtle fashion, he let his fingers brush by her shaking ones. It was probably the only form of close contact they were allowed to during fan signings like this one. If their managers were not watching so closely, if they were not constrained in their seats and if the long table did not seem so much like a boundary, then each member would probably be hugging everyone that had lined up to see them.

“Thank you so much for coming.”

He had said those words so many times that morning and yet, he felt like he could not stress them enough. He was always so thankful for all the love Super Junior got.

Although exhausted, none of the boys could hide the cheerful expressions on their faces. The event had gone on for 2 hours now and was still going. 2 hours was nothing though; every single fan in the room had waited much longer, outside, in the wintry weather.

Kyuhyun shuffled in his chair, feeling slight uneasiness on his backside from all the sitting. He readied himself for the next person in line.

“Hello, oppa.”

Sensing some kind of familiarity in the fan’s tone, Kyuhyun looked up.

What he saw was a girl totally covered up, the only hint of her skin were her nose and cheeks. A colourful beanie was propped on her head, a pair of dark sunglasses was perched on the bridge of her nose and a scarf was s around her neck, hiding nearly half of her face. Adding to that was the long, snug coat that she was wearing. He could not blame her for taking on such a fashion statement, though; it was freezing cold outdoors.

But there was something else about her.

Once in a while, a fan walks in on an event and successfully strikes up the attention and stirs the curiosity of a member. To Kyuhyun, she was that kind of fan. She was wrapped in so much mystery that he found himself staring, almost scrutinizing her.

Seeming a little shy, she staggered back a little. The ones behind her complained as she accidentally ended up colliding with them.

“Wait.”

Kyuhyun caught her gloved hand, pulling her back where she stood previously. He could feel the chilled up chain of her bracelet under his grasp.

Taking a nervous breath, she steadied herself and laid a small paper bag in front of him.

“Take care.” she said in a barely audible whisper. Her lips were being covered by the woolly fabric of her scarf.

She broke free from his touch and turned away. After she had done that, it was only then that Kyuhyun realized that he knew.

He knew all along.

The wind had let her scent linger longer than she had. He knew that scent; the subtle sensational mix of berries that trailed behind her was all too familiar.

There was the metal chain of her bracelet too, as well as the charm that hung from it. He knew where they had come from.

Because he was the one who bought it.

And he was the one who gave it to her.

Kyuhyun brought his gaze to the package that she had left. Peeking inside, he found a single cherry-red lollipop and with it, was a note:

Meet me where love is sweet. At sunset.

♥ YOUR biggest fan

His heart now ached for the afternoon. And it was still a long way away.

 

 

“You called me oppa,”

Her dark sunglasses were gone. All that remained of her disguise from a while ago was the rainbow beanie and the scarf that now hung loosely on her shoulders.

Hyun Hee did not even turn, she simply waited for his steps to bring him closer. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter