Birthday Blues

Love is Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gradually, their little group of 11 grew.

The first to join them were the tall gentlemen, Siwon, Zhou Mi and Hankyung.

“Happy Birthday, Hyun Hee” Hankyung said, greeting her in Mandarin. Likewise, she thanked him in the same language.

“May God bless you today and every day, Hyun Hee”

“Thanks, Siwon. You too” Hyun Hee replied as she accepted his gift with a smile. It was covered in pink wrapping paper. From its size, shape and weight, she guessed that it was a book. Knowing Siwon, it was probably a Bible.

“Looking great as always, birthday girl”

Zhou Mi lightly squeezed her hand as he took it.

“And looking handsome as ever, Mi” she replied, leading them to where the others were.

Not long after that, Eunhyuk and Donghae came knocking.

 

Show us where the food is now, Hyun Hee, Hyun Hee

Chicken, pizza, pasta, burger, Hyun Hee, Hyun Hee

We’re so cool, we’re so cool, party like a super star

We wish you a happy birthday, Hyun Hee, Hyun Hee

 

EunHae sang this in the tone of ‘Oppa, oppa’ as they entered.

Hyun Hee could not stop laughing, “Calm down, you two”

“The food’s right there” she said, pointing at the table. “Help yourself"

They nodded enthusiastically. Grinning, the two grown men skedaddled towards the food like two little children.

This hyperactive pair was quickly followed by Kangin, who came solo.  

“Hello Ms. Park Hyun Hee,” Kangin voiced in his macho pitch.  “Happy Birthday”

Reminiscent to their first meeting, Kangin took her hand in his. Very subtly, he started to lower his head for a little peck.

And just like their first meeting, Hyun Hee turned it over before he could continue.

“Hi Kangin,” she greeted, pulling him pass the threshold. “We’ve been waiting”

She rolled her eyes with a smile. By now, she was used to the raccoon’s nonstop teasing.

Now, the only ones they were waiting for were the boys of Super Junior K.R.Y.

In those moments of expectation, Hyun Hee was as happy as she could be.

But truthfully, she was also a little uneasy.

Half-heartedly, she engaged in conversation. It was as if her left ear listened to their stories and laughs, while the other paid close attention to the door.  Her mind was present, but not fully. Her heart was beating normally, but it threatened to grow rapid at any second.

She struggled to ignore all of this.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter