Run

Love is Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Run away with me.”

Henry longed to speak those words, but they only lingered, frozen in his mouth.

He shivered, feeling the cold air from outside cling on him. He rubbed his arms, hoping it would go away and that it would take all of his worries with it.

Inhale

Exhale

He stood where he was, unmoving but unsure. On the carpeted floor, his feet were still and yet, they shook from within.

He was hesitating. He was not at all sure if going here was the right decision.

But he was well aware that there was no turning back.

Knock.

Inhale

Knock.

Exhale

Knock.

All of his doubts diminished as soon as the door opened. In the second that she flashed him the radiant smile that he adored, the weight he was carrying in his chest seemed lighter.

“What are you doing here?”

Impulsively, Henry took a step towards Hyomin, closing the distance between them. He gently cupped her face and softly touched his lips to hers.

The instant they broke apart, he beamed at her.

“It’s very nice to see you, too.”

Hyomin bit her lip, flushed and surprised. She turned around, wanting to conceal her reddening expression.

Henry loved that he could still make her nervous.

He followed her inside and draped an arm around her shoulders.

“What’s with you?” Hyomin asked, nuzzling closer to him as they led each other to the kitchen.

“It’s chilly and you seemed like you could use some warmth,” he answered, aware that his breath tickled her neck as he did. “It worked, didn’t it? You’re blushing.”

She raised an eyebrow, “I am not.”

“Yes you are.”

“Shut up.”

He laughed, amused at how childlike she was being. She drew away and stuck out her tongue. Henry kept his smiling eyes at her as he sat on one of the chairs by the kitchen counter.

“Seriously though, Henry. What brought you here?” she asked as she fished out some milk and left-over cookies from the refrigerator.

“Well,”

His hand crept to the plate full of Christmas cookies that she laid on the table.

“I missed the taste of these cookies,”

Hyomin sighed at his lack of seriousness.

“Or maybe I missed the one who made them.”

She scoffed, “Oh please. You’re being so greasy.”

Exasperatingly, she threw the knitted towel she held at him. He caught it with ease.

“Come on, you make me sound so insincere,” Henry answered, smiling at her. “I really did want to see you.”

Hyomin shook her head, but gave up on pursuing it further. She perched herself on the kitchen counter and crossed her arms.

“Anyway, new topic. You know, my parents loved having you around for the holidays. They said that the house was more peaceful with you there.”

“Peaceful?”

“Well, Heechul and I usually end up ruining the Christmas dinners because we always fight.” she said, motioning as if she was boxing someone.

At the mention of her brother’s name, Henry once again felt the pers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter