First day of rehearsals

Love is Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Let me help you with that.”

She could say no more as a pair of hands took the burden of carrying the heavy box she held. Today was the first day of rehearsals for Legally Blonde. Being the director, Hyun Hee was tasked to print, photocopy and bring the scripts.

“You’re doing me too many favors. Thanks a lot, Joonmyun.”

He faced her, “Like I said before, the pleasure’s all mine”

They walked together towards the practice room. Hyun Hee’s eyes glided over the piece of paper plastered on the door.

Legally Blonde: The Musical

Principal Cast

Elle Woods – Song Min Soo

Emmett Forrest – Cho Kyuhyun

Warner Huntington III – Kim Joonmyun

Paulette Bonafonté – Go Eun He

Professor Callahan – Kim Bo Ryung

 

With a prepared expression, Hyun Hee pushed the door open. She glanced over the group of people that looked back at her; all of whom were not the least bit unfamiliar to her.

“Director Park’s here.”

“Hello Ms. Park.”

“Good morning, Ms. Park.”

Within the four walls of this room, Hyun Hee armed the mask of ‘Ms. Park’. She beamed back at all of them. Joonmyun laid the box of scripts near her feet and sat down.

9:00

Right on time

Her eyes glided over the people who were present; someone—two people, in particular, were missing.

“Where are Min Soo and Kyuhyun?”

As if on cue, the door burst open.

“We’re here!”

Min Soo had an arm hooked under Kyuhyun’s.  Everyone stole furtive glances, but immediately brought their attention back to the director.

Min Soo’s reaction seemed to her, so natural, yet Kyuhyun’s was anything but.

“You’re late,” Hyun Hee said in all seriousness as the two took their places on the floor. “Considering your roles, that’s unacceptable”

 “Ooohhh.”

Everyone, who knew Ms. Park well, buzzed.

“Kyuhyun and I had a lot of catching up to do, that’s all.” Min Soo replied in her vixen-voice.

Which, by the way, Hyun Hee found very annoying.

She caught herself from rolling her eyes. In her mind, she recalled seeing her for the first time after a very long time. It seemed as though Min Soo remembered Hyun Hee and Kyuhyun just as well.

But really, she had more memories of the latter.

A little forced, Hyun Hee chuckled, “I’m kidding. I just got here, too. Let’s start the warm-up.”

At this, Min Soo simply shrugged.

The actors and actresses stood up, and began mirroring the movements of the lead dancer.

Hyun Hee went beside Kyuhyun, “Rekindling an old flame?”

She smirked, then strode past him to watch the others.

After the warm-up exercises, the script was distributed to the cast members. The rehearsals began with the lead roles, the chorus and the supporting characters grouping together; they were to do a script-reading session. This was all covered within an hour. After that, the real re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter