Confrontations

Love is Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 26, 9:00 AM, Park Sang Hee’s office

He walked in to work that day with shaky strides, although he was fully aware of his inevitable destination.

As soon as he found himself in front of the door, Joonmyun drew up his fist to knock. He did not let any form of hesitation get to him; he simply could not.

Not right now.

He was careful not to crumple the envelope he held in his hand as Sang Hee’s voice urged him inside the office. Although the feeling inside was still homey, he knew that it was not going to be the same for long.

Things were going to change as soon as he makes his exit.

He looked back at Sang Hee with a polite smile and Sang Hee looked back at him. He bowed and began his proposition.

“Mrs. Park, I hope I didn’t disturb you in the middle of something important.”

Sanghee shook her head, “You didn’t, Joonmyun,”

“Please, have a seat.” She said, gesturing towards the chair directly facing her table.

“Oh, that isn’t needed. I’m not staying long. I’m just here to hand in something.”

At this, she seemed perplexed.

“Hand in something?”

Joonmyun smiled, “I’m here to hand in my resignation letter.”

A flash of distress passed Sanghee’s face, but she was quick to contain it.

“A resignation letter? So suddenly? What is this about, Joonmyun?”

He looked down, composing his expression.

“I just want to explore my other opportunities, Mrs. Park. That’s all.”

At this, Sanghee nodded in empathy.

“I understand. Go do what you have to do,”

She said it with such a motherly tone, that Joonmyun could not help but well up with so much gratefulness.

“Thank you. I had a wonderful time here in your company.”

“It was our pleasure,” Sanghee replied, getting up from her seat to take Joonmyun’s hands.

“But Joonmyun, please take care of everything you need to take care of before taking your leave.”

“I will.”

“Say what you need to say, alright?”

“I will, Mrs. Park. Thank you for everything.”

With a thankful smile that could have been farewell glance, Sanghee nodded once and let him go.  Joonmyun walked out the door, encompassed by bittersweet memories.

But things were going to be okay.

He was sure of that.

 

December 26, 12:30 PM, Park Theatre Company

She walked across the lobby, obviously in a hurry.

It was the first day of work after the holidays and there was a lot to catch up with. Considering how late she made it to the complex, it was going to be a long, long day filled with script revisions and performance reviews.

“Miss Park!”

She continued walking.  There were a lot of girls who had Park as their surname, anyway.

“Miss Park!”

She proceeded with her brisk steps. She had no time for anything else.

“Hyun Hee!”

Finally, she turned.

Her gaze was met with the presence of Mr. Bae, Kyuhyun’s manager.

She sighed, but forced a smile, “Mr. Bae, hello. Are you looking for my grandmother?”

“No, I was actually looking for you.” he said, in the tone of formality he always seemed to use whenever he was in a conversation with Hyun Hee.

“Me? I’m actually a little busy at the moment. Can’t it wait?” she said, reluctantly.

“I’m sorry, but it’s pretty urgent.”

Feeling resigned, Hyun Hee dropped her gaze.

“What is it?”

“Is it okay if we talk somewhere private?”

She nodded and led the way to one of the empty practice rooms.

“Once again, what is it, Mr. Bae?” she asked, blatantly.

“You seem to be agitated with your duties right now, Ms. Park, so I’ll get straight to the point.”

“Please.”

The practice room they occupied was one of the big rooms. There were only two of them there and yet the atmosphere was unusually stifling.

“I know about you and Kyuhyun,”

Hyun Hee’s point blank stare shook and yet, she kept still.

“I’ve taken care of him for a long time now and I know when he’s hiding something, especially now, when he’s making such an effort to do so.”

“Oh?”

She was struggling to keep her voice flat and indifferent.

“There’s no use denying it, Hyun Hee, so don’t even try.”

She breathed in, feeling the electricity making its way out of .

“Who said I was going to deny it? I’m not. So what if there’s something going on between us? Are you here to ask me to end it? Well, I won’t. And I’m pretty sure he won’t either.”

At this, Kyuhyun’s manager chuckled.

“I can see why he likes you,”

Hyun Hee raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

“That’s not it. There’s really no need for you to be so defensive. I simply wanted to tell you that Kyuhyun is at the peak of his career and at this point, every little thing matters,”

She faced him, a little less averting and a little more considerate now.

“Any information about him that reaches the public will take effect, one way or another. Considering the fact that Super Junior is a group with a huge female fan base, a relationship scandal could send everything wayward. Do you get what I’m saying, Hyun Hee?”

She nodded, “Of course.”

“I’m asking you to be very careful, that’s all. Keep it hidden. As long as no one knows, you’re fine.”

She nodded once more.

For the first time since they met, Mr. Bae smiled a sincere smile.

“You’re very important to him, I can see it. From now on, what happens to you matters just as well as what happens to him,”

Hyun Hee’s expression ultimately lightened.

“If you need any help, don’t hesitate to give me a call.”

“Thank you.”

He nodded, turned away, then left.

 

December 26, 3:00 PM, SJ Dorm

Christmas spent with the Kims was an experience no person could forget.

Henry’s holidays was f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter