Walking home

[LONG HIATUS] ✎Highschool Battle✎

 

"Oh, Miki-ssi... it's almost 8 pm." The guard said when she noticed Miki walking out of the library. He walked forward and looked at the library. "No one's inside?" She shook her head. "Why did you take so long? I thought library closes at 7?"

She shakes her head. "I had to stay because I need to study for a lesson I'll be reporting tomorrow, ahjussi." She smiled. "I'm going home. Please take care of yourself!" She said and bowed to the guard and courtesy. She waved one last time before going out of the main gate.

The night was unusually silent and she was walking on the exclusive street along her school. It was basically a school zone so there were no other houses in the vicinity. It was very silent from 7:30 onwards.

Miki doesn't normally go home this late. She just had to stay in the library because her sister with her family arrived from Japan and there were two noisy kids in the house. Not that she hates kids, she just doesn't want to be around them so often because they are very noisy and naughty. Miki doesn't like chaotic environment. She's the type to just enjoy the silence of her own room, or the study room such as the library. Today, she decided on studying in the library instead of her room. She also didn't forget to text her mom that she's going late so they won't be worried.

She was walking silently when she felt having goosebumps on ther back. They say that when someone's looking at you, then you tend to have the hairs on your back rise.

She looked back. No one's there and she realized she was in the middle of the road. Two streetlights ahead of her were not working, now she had to walk in the mild darkness to get to the bus stop.

She couldn't stay still. She was feeling all weird and she knew someone's really following her. She tried looking back. No one's there. "Oh Gosh, I'm overly paranoid." She whispered to herself and fastened the phase of her walk. She was walking too fast that she suddenly dropped her books. 

She knelt down for a while to get them.

"Surprise, beautiful miss !!!" Someone immediately got on her way and she immediately stood up covering her front with her books. 

"Who are you?!" She shouted and hoped that anybody else can hear the loud voice she just made. Miki quickly examined the guy and realized he was wearing a huge coat and a har. His attire looked very familiar.

Byuntae... He's a ert.

"Do you want to see something big?" The guy showed his creepy smile and Miki started shaking. She stepped backwards but the guy just took another step forward. "I will show you this so you can show me that... oh my..." The guy uttered and strarted counting down. "In 3... 2... 1..."

She closed her eyes deeply but was surprised when someone pulled her from the back and eventually wrapped his arms around her. Her head bounced on his sturdy chest. She felt strong arms sorrounding her.

She felt safe.

"That isn't big, pabo. Go away or you won't be able to pee by tomorrow." He said in so much authority and the guy quickly ran away taking his coat with him. 

"Are you okay?" He said and released Miki from a his arms. Miki took few deep breaths trying to calm her nerves down.

That was really - traumatic. She doesn't want to go home late at night anymore. "I think I'm fine." She uttered. "Thank You." It was almost like a whisper because she is still trying to regain her calmness.

"Are you sure?" The guy went in front of her and cupped her face up so he could clearly see her face. He was tall so her head had to be tilted up a bit more. "You look pale. Oh my... It was horrible." He said full of sympathy.

"I'm okay." Miki slowly removed the guy's hands on her face. "I - I'll go ahead."

She started walking away but he held her arm. "I'm gonna walk with you." He said. Miki took her arms away.

"I can manage, thank you."

"No you can't. I saw how you can't even defend yourself earlier. It's dark out there. You need someone to accompany you." He insisted.

"I said it's okay. Thank you. You should go home, too." She isn't the type to just talk to someone she just met for the first time. Yes, he probably saved her from that ert, but who knows he and the probably was in conivance together and was planning something bad against her?

"Miki-ssi, I insist." 

She stopped walking. She Looked at him with confused eyes. "How did you know my name?" 

"Oh..." He paused for a bit. "I... I saw the name on your ID." He said and smiled. "You're the Academic Coordinator? I'm Choi Minho... Sports Moderator of Seongdaeshin Highschool. That boy school exactly opossite Hanji." He was smiling brightly.

That's when Miki noticed his ID and the huge training bag that he's carrying. He was in his sports attire, too. "Oh... I see." She nodded but wasn't sure she met Minho somewhere. She might probably too busy studying in the library that she doesn't know anybody else but her teachers, classmates, and her co-officers.

"Now we know each other... I think I can walk you home." He said and quickly took her books from her. "Let me carry this for you." 

"But I can-"

"No, I'll carry this." He smiled and walked with her on the dark road.

Somehow she wants to thank this guy. It was terrifying to walk alone, thank to him, she felt so secured. Minho glanced at her after a while, "Stop thinking about what happened just a while ago. It's alright. I got you." He said calmly.

"Imagine what could've happened if you weren't there." She admitted and bitted her lower lip. "I'm very weak when it comes to those situation... that is basically because..."

"You don't normally go home late this time..." Minho continued what she was supposed to say. Oh crap. "I mean... it's obvious that this is the first time you're going home pretty late. I just know - not that I'm following you around... Nah~ not really." He said and chuckled. They were in the 3rd street when Minho turned right.

"How did you know where to turn?" Miki asked frowning a bit. "It's not like you followed me around, right?" 

"Oh yeah, of course, why will I follow you... we just met tonight... not that I know a lot about you!" He said in defence. "Did I turn on the right street? Oh I must be good in guessing." He said to himself and laughed nervously. 

Few minutes later... they reached Miki's house. 

"Thank you very much. Please walk yourself home safely." She said while taking her books from him. 

"My pleasure..." He uttered and smiled. "If you're having some trouble and you'll be going home late... just approach our office in SDS, you'll find me there ~" He said.

"But SDS doesn't allow girls to enter the school. Just like how Hanji forbids male students inside." Miki smiled. "It's okay... but I do hope to see you around."

"Oh sure you will!" Minho yelled but realized he was being weird again. "I mean... you might probably will since we're almost in the same location." He smiled and waved. "I'm going now... bye!"

"Take care!" Miki said befor entering the gate. 

As Minho turned to walk to his house, an automatic smile appeared on his face. He looked back and saw that Miki was entering the house already. He made a fist and punched the air happily. "You did it Minho! You talked to her! She knows you now!" He said and then punched his fist to his palm. "But that ert should pay. He wouldn't want to meet me anywhere I guess that little thing he has will be removed on his body." He said but and shook his head right after. "I shouldn't be affected... because I'm so happy... my crush for 4 years... has finally talked to me. Hanako Miki... we're going to have more conversations in the future." He smiled.


So here's the recap:

Taemin and Jaerin became instant buddies

Jonghyun and Jana became textmates.

And now, Minho became Miki's knight in shining armor.

How will the others start their story running?? Hmm... let's see. 

Do comments and subscribe! I so love you all! ^^

And yeah~ I made that poster over there. LOL

What am I doing? >.<