Thank You

[LONG HIATUS] ✎Highschool Battle✎

 

Are you sure you don't want oppa's help, unnie?” Jaerin said when she noticed Maelin already picking up her things as she prepared to leave. Maelin looked at her and smiled as she gave her a nod. “He could help you. I think oppa's not doing anything right now.”

We don't need to bother them every single time, Jaerin.” She said without looking at her. “I think we have bothered them so much when Ms. Kwon asked for their help. We should be able to do these things alone by now.” And I don't want him to think I'm not capable of talking to people with positions in the company.

But...” Jaerin sighed.

I'm off!” Maelin announced and lifted her bag as she wore the straps on her shoulders. “I don't know if I would still be able to come back to school. If it end so late then I'll just go home.” She said and waved to Jaerin and Sujin who were inside.

Sunbae...” Sujin called. “Show them you're confident. Never face anyone in there without a smile.” She said.

Maelin flashed a very calm and endearing smile. “I got it. Thank you.” She said and left the room.

Jaerin then looked at Sujin. “Do you think she can do it?” She uttered with doubt but Sujin frowned. “I mean... won't she need my oppa's help?”

Sujin chuckled. “It seems to me that you're trying to put Maelin sunbae and Jinki sunbae together.” She giggled. “Hmm... about her, I think she can do it... but, I think she'll do better with your oppa's help.

Assa!” Jaerin snapped her fingers in the air and flashed her 'I-knew-it!' look. “I need to call oppa about it.” She took her phone and quickly dialled her oppa's number. Sujin shook her head and smiled as she got back to work. She thought Jaerin was really working hard.

Oppa!!” Jaerin shouted when Jinki took the phone. “I think you should go to appa's office.”

Why?” Jinki answered back.

Coz Maelin-unni's going there to talk to him.” She uttered. “Jonghyun sunbae said that it was you who conversed with appa on that matter that's why he said he won't do it since he's afraid of him. Now, Maelin unni's going to do it for them. Alone.” She informed.

Jinki suddenly felt worried about her. He is worried that she won't be able to do it – and that she'll really be disappointed.

Yes, his appa is one of the kindest appa in the world. It was him, along with their mother, who taught them how to be courteous, kind, and thoughtful to other people. It was him who taught them that smiling and doing good to other are only few things someone must not forget on his every day life.

But.

His father works seriously. He is someone who follows the rules of the office strictly. He is not someone to give easily just because they are his relatives or someone close to them. If you deserve it, you shall get it – but first... you need to work hard for it. That's how his appa works on his office.

His appa is on the Public Relation division of the company he's working at. He is responsible for talking about future investments and for future stock holding. He is also responsible for the employee's interest. Often times, the company would accept benefactors or sponsorship. He is the one in charge of evaluating whether the one they are going to sponsor are worth it.

He had a hard time talking to him during their proposal for the sponsorship. His father refused Jonghyun's proposal – so he had to go to try his shot with him.

Surprisingly, his appa gave him a hard time during the interview with some of the staff, too. They even told him that the only thing obvious about them being father and son are their faces. He never sided Jinki... that's why it was such a great challenge to him.

and now Maelin. He is not sure if she's going to get it, though of course, he would wish she will.

Dis she left already? Did you tell her I can help?” He asked after the long silence over the conversation.

I told her... but she said she doesn't want to bother you anymore so she's going alone.” Jaerin said. “But... if you can help unni then... I think that would be greater!”

Uhm... I'll see.” He uttered with cold words as if he doesn't care.

Oppaaaa....” Jaerin whined on the other line. “I thought you want to help Maelin unni??”

Yes I do... but...” Jinki looked around to see any possible reason that he could throw. “I think I need to do some... stuff.” He said uncertainly.

Jaerin pouted. “Fine. But if we don't get appa's approval. I'll blame you.” She said and hanged up the phone.

Jinki shook his head as he put the phone back to his wallet. He started getting his things into proper places. “I think I should go...” He uttered to which Kibum and Taemin frowned.

Didn't you tell Jaerin you still need to do something?” Kibum asked. “Where are you going now?”

Home.” Jinki uttered. “I just realized I have done all the things I need to do for today.” He smiled and took his bags. “If there's anything more that I need to sign put them on my table, okay?” He said before finally leaving.

Isn't he weird just now?” Taemin asked to which Kibum nodded.

**** **** ****


 

Her fingers curled together as she stared at the rotating door at the entrance of the company. She was suddenly nervous and unsure of what to do. Sure she has talked to a lot of people and conversed with them, but this is the first time she will have a meeting to someone who works in such a high position in the company.

She's just a highschool student. She has never been into a business meeting.

What, Han Maelin? Don't tell me you can't do this?! Imagine that Lee Jinki laughing at you!!

She almost jumped and shouted when a hand was pressed on her shoulder. She was ready to fight and kick the person who did that until she realized who it was. “Oh my, you scared me!!” She said as she awkwardly removed his hand on his shoulder.

Jinki let out a cute and playful laugh. “You were standing here for a while... I thought you're gonna collapse anytime soon.” He said. “Why aren't you coming in?”

Uh...” She said trying to think of a very good excuse.

Oh, you're probably examining the awesome rotating door.” Jinki uttered and smiled.

Yes, right!! Right!!” She said as she snapped her fingers. She wanted to thank him for saving her for the lack of good reason to hide her tension.

And how was it?”

How was what?” She asked.

Uhmm... the door.” Jinki smiled cutely. “Does it make you suddenly want to store one in your house?” He said seriously to which Maelin frowned. “I think it would be awesome. Someone who don't know how this work will surely just enter and will be surprised that he'll just exit again.” He chuckled.

Maelin chuckled as well. She can't believe Jinki can be this childish. “Do you want to try it?”

What?” She looked at it and she swore she didn't like the playful smile that appeared on Jinki's face. “Hey~!” She screamed when Jinki immediately pulled her hand and then they entered the door.

Two of them in one door. “This is fun. Jaerin and I tried this before.” He whispered while they were inside.

They didn't go out when they reach inside, instead, Jinki stayed still until the door was already leading them outside. She looked around and saw few people looking at them. It was embarrassing.

Whoo!” Jinki said as the got out and was still outside the company. “Cool, yeah?” He uttered.

She laughed. “I can't believe you can be so childish.”

You went back to your color.” Jinki said afterwards. “Just a while ago you looked so pale. I think your tension has gone down now. Shall we enter?” He smiled.

So we did that just so I can calm down? How on Earth did he...

Or we can do another round with the rotating door if you want.” He suggested.

Uhmm... Can we?” Yes, it was funny and embarrassing but who cares? You only live once.

Jinki looked at her for few seconds before he laughed and puller her hand with him again. They did another round and this time, more people looked at them. Some were laughing.

Calmed down already?” Jinki said still holding her hand. She nodded... unsure of why his hand on her brought some great comfort and security. “Let's go!” He said and then they entered the door. This time... they went out as they reached inside.

Jinki-yah...” A staff approached them as they went in. “I understand you before when you did that with your sister... I can't believe you will do that with your girlfriend, too.” He said.

They immediately removed their hands on each other. The staff chuckled.

He only smiled and bowed to greet the staff. He didn't even bother correcting them. Maelin wanted to clear it but the staff left. It also immediately slipped her mind. “Why were you doing that with your sister?” She said instead.

When Jaerin was just 14... she badly wanted to have the rotating door in our house.” He chuckled. “Of course that's impossible. We can't have a door like that at home. So I told her... that if we have that door... we won't be able to enter the house anymore... coz everytime we try, we will end up exiting again.” He said.

She laughed. Jinki liked it. “And she believed you?? That really made her stop wanting the rotating door?” She asked.

I remember her telling me... I think you are the only one who will end up doing that instead. She quit wanting that because she said she's worried about me.” He laughed soundly. It made her laugh once more.

As they went inside the elevator, Maelin looked secretly at him. He was smiling calmly and there's a very gentle expression on his face – someone that is very unusual for a guy. He tends to be chilled and just cool about everything. Surprisingly, he was able to successfully calmed her down. Yes, she's still nervous... but not as much as before. 

If it wasn't because of you.... so thank you.

 


Hi guys ^^ Because I love you so much...

We will have another chapter with Maelin and Jinki. :))

YES. Next one will be for them as well so ~

See you on the next chapter.

Don't forget to drop me some comments!!

 

PS. Who among you have done the rotating door thing?? HAHAHA.

*Just me and my super random self*

I swear if I have bigger house I will install that door here. :))