Bestie Conversation

[LONG HIATUS] ✎Highschool Battle✎

 

Silence. There was silence inside the girl's office for probably more or less one minute. Eyes were looking at each others as if they are trying to communicate non verbally. Jana crossed her arms towards her and rolled her eyes as she decided to just stare at the ceiling so as not to meet Jonghyun's eyes. 

"So..." Jinki uttered and everybody's attention was drawn into him. "Jana-ssi? I might sound inappropriate but... can we get this done?" He said and smiled a  bit towards Jana. "Just for 3 weeks, can you work with my Vice President? I promise I'll monitor him so as not to piss you so much." He said. 

"Fine." Jana simply said and sighed. "And.. I'm sorry for my actions earlier. I'll watch my mouth from now on."

Maelin, Miki, and Jaerin were surprised to hear apology towards Jana's mouth - with the fact that she was actually conversing with a guy. It never happened. Jana had never lowered her head on someone she's not close with especially if it's a guy. Jana came from a wealthy family because her mom's family has their own business. She is not just the ordinary girl you can meet somewhere.

"Jonghyun-ssi?" Jinki looked at Jonghyun and he nodded. "Can you promise me this kind of argument won't happen again?"

Jonghyun raised his right hand. It was obviously against his will but he still did. "I promise."

Kibum and Sujin then entered together. He has the smile on his face while Sujin seemed to be out of her mind, but she still smiled and nodded when she noticed some eyes looking at her.

"Are you okay now, Kibummie?" Jinki asked to which the guy nodded.

"I gained a friend. It's okay." He said and pulled his chair so he can sit back properly. "So where do you stop?" 

"Uh, yeah... I was about to ask if we can divide the work now." He said and looked at Maelin. He caught her staring at him intently as if she's judging him but he tried not to mind. Thank God you're super cute... I'm letting you pass.

He pulled the papers towards Maelin. "I think you should divide the work to us.. by pairs." It doesn't sound an order at all, but a suggestion. It was more like giving her an option if she wants to do it or Jinki will do it for her.

"Oh yeah..." You seem so unbelievable, show off. She doesn't know if he's really like that or he's just flaunting to her that he is a very good leader. He made Jonghyun stopped a while ago just by calling his name, and he didn't even shout at Jana or said anything as if he's scolding, but Jana quickly changed mood and also said she's sorry.

It was weird, coz somehow, Maelin must admit to herself that she cannot do those things easily. She's hardly a patient girl, and when she's mad or pissed off by something, she tends to talk a lot. Yes, she's a good friend and she can joke around with you... but when it comes to serious work then she's more of a devil than an angel. 

Maelin looked at the division of labor Seongdaeshin officers had during their foundation day. 

"Hmm... so the presidents were basically the monitoring team..." She unconsciously looked at Jinki because she felt unsure, he nodded and smiled.

"Right." Jinki said.

She continued reading. "Vice Presidents... Jana and Jonghyun-ssi, you are assigned to get sponsorship and for promotions as well." She looked at the two and they nodded with heavy heads - as if they are going together in hell. "The peace officers handled the money and are in charged of financial statements..." She frowned a bit and looked at her officers. "Uhm, Can you take this work, Miki?" She asked to which Miki immediately nodded.

"And uhmm..." She looked at Jinki. "Can I change the peace officers' work? Coz I think Miki can be very good on this part."

"Sure. You have all the power to do so." He said and then flashed a wide smile that immediately showed his perfect set of white sparkling teeth.

"Oh. Okay." Han Maelin, why do you even ask?! You have all the right, they are just extras!! Stop giving this show-off such power!!

"Oh wait. wait. wait." Minho said shaking both his head and hands. "You're giving the mathematical work to me? Oh no..." He said.

"It's okay, Minho-ssi." Miki looked at him and smiled gently. "We're together, remember?"

"Oh... are we??" Minho's eyes widened and he flashed this unbelievable expression on his face. "You mean..."

"She means you're together as a team. You don't have to worry about Math coz she can do it." Jonghyun said interrupting what Minho thought was a joyful moment. He blushed when he realized he thought wrong. Sometimes athletes and handsome people like Minho can be stupid.

"Oh yeah~ I thought so." He said as he scratched his head. Wow, this is embarrassing. Soon enough my stupidity will be exposed to my ultimate crush. 

"And... Sujin together with Kibum ssi are in charge for the main event." 

"Main event?" Sujin asked frowning. 

"I got it." Kibum winked at her and smiled. "We can work that out... really well." 

"Good. Then lastly, Taemin and Jaerin are in charge of all the things concerning the students." 

"Good." Taemin smiled widely. 

"Okay, now, can we seperate into teams so we can discuss together?" Jinki suggested and looked at the other people, obviously, Jana and Jonghyun were the ones who don't look like they're agreeing.

"Better." Kibum said and immediately walked beside Sujin. "We're going to discuss our main event. I'm so excited."

They sat together on Sujin's desk. "Hey... stop looking at me weirdly." Kibum said when she noticed she was staring at her. 

"When did you find out?" Sujin suddenly asked. Eyes aren't looking away. Kibum looked at her. They're gazes met and Sujin looked away to avoid it. "I mean..." She leaned closer before whispering. "Your preference, I mean."

"Oh." Kibum smiled and silently played at a piece of paper folding it however he wanted as he talked. "I don't know.. it was probably during 1st year of highschool that I noticed I was feeling different." He uttered. "I thought at first that that's the normal thing someone can feel towards his friend when they are always together." He looked at her. "But isn't it so weird when you wished for him to just look at you... and to ignore all the other girls in the world? I feel like that with him, though." He uttered.

"Oh... that was... yeah, a bit weird... but... if it's love... then.. there's nothing... uhmm, weird." She said trying to gasp for better words. Key looked at him and chuckled. "Why are you laughing?"

"Coz you just give out the most amazing comforting words a gay would love to hear." He said and then smiled. "Do you even believe it... that someone can fall in love with the same gender?" He asked.

"Can our heart detect it?" Sujin asked. "I mean... can your heart identify and classify the people that you need to love to those you must not? Does it have some kind of tool that screens a guy and girl and therefore removes any guys from the list of the people you must feel romantically with? I don't think so. If it's there then it's there. "

"Wow, that's amazing." Kibum was just speechless and he looked at her. "Are you really that positive? I mean... you sounded like love is the easiest thing to do in the world."

"Coz it is." She nodded and flashed a smile towards her. "Love is something we do all the time  - every - single - time. It's like blinking your eyes. It's involuntary. As long as your heart beats, and your mind thinks, you sure fall in love."

"Have you fallen in love?"

Sujin froze for a while. Can I just say, "Hey I fell in love with you ever since but how can I be happy when you also want an opposite "? "Yeah." She said and looked away.

"Tell me how it feels to fall in love."

She shrugged her shoulders. "The same as how you feel." She simply said. 

"I feel so negative." Kibum chuckled.

"I'm on the positive side. Everything has the bright side, always remember that." She said. "I'm in love with the person and he doesn't know it."

"So? What's so positive about that?" Kibum raised an eyebrow.

Sujin looked at him straight in the eyes and then she smiled. "He doesn't know it so I won't be awkward to show him I love him. I can look at him in the eyes. I can watch him laugh. I can watch him talk. I can smile when he smiles. I am just free to do anything because he doesn't know... and he would never know."

"Don't you want him to know?" Kibum asked.

"What about you? Do you want him to know?"

"Of course not!" Kibum said loudly and the other people inside looked at him. He smiled awkwardly.

"Why?" Sujin asked.

"Because I know he won't like me back." Kibum whispered.

"Exactly." Sujin said and smiled. "That's exactly what my reason is."

"But mine is different. Sure he won't like me. We are both guys." He whispered even more.

"Doesn't seem to be a lot different, though." We both like guys, anyway. She only smiled and took the papers. "Nevermind. Let's get this project done!!" 


LOL. OMG. Your comments when it was revealed that Key is gay.

Thank God you're all far away from me, then I would've been killed.

That's another chapter for you guys.