Don't help

[LONG HIATUS] ✎Highschool Battle✎

 

Jonghyun entered their office with a full smile on his lips. He was also humming on a certain tune that sounded unfamilliar to the other guys. “Hey...” Kibum uttered calling out Jonghyun's attention. “You look blissful. Something fun happened?” He asked.

Jonghyun shrugged and tossed his bag on his seat. “Today is just a happy day...” He uttered with a very unusual smile. Kibum frowned and shook his head. He thought Jonghyun was just having one of those moments when he becomes abnormally happy and giddy.

Pabo...” Minho whispered to which Jonghyun frowned.

At least I'm someone who knows how to make a move~” He said and looked mockingly at Minho who was surprised by his strong remark. “I'm not someone who just stares and follows his crush until she gets home. Hahaha. What a coward...”

Excuse you.” Minho cocked his head on the left and looked at him with pride. “I have walked her home twice... and I will do it more.” He shrugged. “That's better than calling myself Mojo while irritating her over the phone.” Minho chuckled.

Yah! I'm not irritating Maelin!” Jonghyun shouted at Minho. “In fact... I sang to her over the phone last night and she liked it! Sooner... I'm telling you... Once I feel Maelin has fallen for me... I'll definitely tell her it was me.” He said comfortably.

See? You were hiding as you make her fall in love. That's technically unfair, Kim Jonghyun.” Minho replied. “If you are serious about this with Maelin then you should talk to her directly and make her fall in love with the idea that it was you she's conversing with... - oh yeah~ I know this isn't serious though. You are just playing around.” Minho laughed.

I'm serious about Maelin.” Jonghyun replied seriously.

Where did you get Maelin's number again?” Jinki, who was frowning all the while, asked.

From your sister.” Jonghyun replied. “She gave it the first time she went here.”

He was right about what he was thinking. It was really not Maelin but Jana. He wanted to laugh so hard and tease Jonghyun about being fooled by his naughty sister – but somehow, he doesn't want to do it. He wanted him to remain interested to Jana rather than to start coming after Maelin for real.

By the way, Jinki...” Jonghyun looked at him again. “Don't you think we should start talking to the people that we need to talk to?”

Oh right. Good thing you reminded.” Jinki said and started browsing on the papers on his table. He handed him a piece of paper after. “Maelin also has the copy but I think you should need one. Those are the list of the people you approached. I compiled them just in case you forgot.”

Jonghyun chuckled, rolled the paper, and hit Jinki's arm with it. “Assa! As expected from our general genius. Thank you. Can you tell Jaerin I'm coming over Hanji to talk to your highness, super awesome girl, Sung Jana??” He said in a very sarcastic tone while mentioning about Jana. Jinki laughed a bit and nodded.

Oh, but I can just go with you if you want.” Jinki said after to which Jonghyun disagreed.

I can go alone, president. You can do other stuff for now.” He winked and took his bag again, tapping his bestfriend's Kibum's back before leaving the office.

I don't even think he's serious. Why is he so funny?” Kibum asked when he was gone.

Don't underestimate Jonghyun sunbae.” Taemin uttered after being silent all the while. “Who knows he can really be so serious with this... plus, Maelin sunbae is talking to him. That means he is doing a good job so far.”

She'll dump him once she figures out.” Kibum uttered back. “Maelin is not just any ordinary girl. I don't think she will like the fact that he hid everything.”

When Maelin sunbae happens o fall for hyung, for sure she, however possible, will disregard that matter.” Taemin looks at Kibum and playfully pats his chest. “Love, Kibum hyung... is very mysterious...”

But Maelin won't fall for him.” Jinki strongly remarked, making the other three looked at him both in mixture of surprise and confusion.


 

**** **** ****


 

Unni!” Jaerin shouted and entered the office while still catching her breathe.

Hey, Jaerinnie, don't you have classes?” Jana said. She was in the office with Maelin that time.

Oppa texted.” Jaerin said. “He said, Jonghyun-sunbae is on his way because you're going to start meeting people today.” She said. “He's on his way.”

What?” Jana stood up with a huge 'no way!' expression on her face. She entered the office and started the day so right. Now, Jonghyun's up to ruin it. “Can we do that some other time? Or he could just tell me where to go and I'll talk to them myself.” Jana uttered. She looked at Maelin trying to ask for some help.

I thought we already agreed about this?” Maelin asked. “Or do you want me to go in place of you and you go with Jinki?”

No, unni!” Jaerin uttered immediately. “It would be better if Jana unni will go since she knows how to talk to people and make them agree.” Maelin nodded and looked at Jana. The other sighed.

Fine. Fine. As if I could do anything about it. But please, Maelin... don't expect me to be in very good terms with him. I don't even want to get close with that guy.”

Hi~” Suddenly from nowhere, Jonghyun appeared on the door that Jaerin left open when she came inside. “I'm here to get Ms. Sung.” He looked at Jana who was obviously surprised at how calm and courteous he sounded. “Are you free today coz I've got lots of time to accompany you.” He said and smiled.

This brat!!! Jana closed her fists tightly because of her irritation just by his appearance. “I'm doing something.” She said.

No, unni. I can do it later.” Jaerin said and took the papers on her hands. “You can go with jonghyun sunbae.” She smiled and pushed Jana forward.

Good, thank you.” Jonghyun smiled. “By the way...” He walked and made his way towards Maelin. “Can you look at this, Maelin-ssi? I don't think we can go here since I remembered... it was Jinki who talked to his father about this.”

Maelin frowned. “Father? This is Jinki-ssi's father?” She then turned to look at Jaerin. She went to look at the name and then she nodded with a little frightened expression. “He is?”

Yeah.” She uttered. “Appa is really a nice dad... but... when it comes to this matter... It will be very hard to please him.” She said. “We should really ask oppa's help if you're going to talk to appa.”

Maelin and Jana looked at each other. “I'll rely this thing on my president.” She smiled. “Since I'm having a hard time with this person already so...”

But...”

Jana took her bag and looked at Jonghyun. “Follow me.” She said and the two went away – with probably few meters apart.

Jaerin looked at Maelin. “Do you want me to call oppa and ask for his help?” She said to which she immediately shook her head

I don't need his help. I can do this without him. “It's okay. Jinki ssi might be busy. I think I can do this well.” She made a reassuring smile towards Jaerin.

But... appa is...”

Come on, Jaerin. Unni has some guts, too.” She went back to her table with a forced smile. “I think I should finish this first before heading out to go to that office.”



 

I'm sorry I'm not updating as much now. School stuff, as usual. 

I don't know if I can still update immediately after this but... I'll try.

But but but !!! Next will be Jinki/Maelin chapter that everybody's been waiting for (including me) !!

so... hold yourself together, kay?? :D

 

PS: Sometimes I really miss writing Onew as a father that I think Jinki, the highschool student, should have a baby here. LOL. But that's really impossible and I don't want to make him and Maelin such young parents. LOL. Just sudden thought.