Phone conversation

[LONG HIATUS] ✎Highschool Battle✎

 

Maelin was constantly glancing at her friend Jana who was walking with her eyes locked on her phone. She was smiling from time to time and she even heard her friend chuckled just a while ago.

You've been seriously attached to your phone these days. Is it because of Mojo?” She said as if she's teasing it. It made Jana blushed. “Come on, tell me. What's with the both of you now?” She asked.

Nothing!” Jana quickly said. “I am just texting him because I'm bored! That's all!” She explained.

Maelin pouted. “So that means you're getting bored of me? You were not talking to me and just texting him ever since we went out of the school.” She said.

I'm sorry.” She said. “Uhmm...”

Come on, tell me.” Maelin repeated and even embraced Jana's arm while they were walking. “I'm still listening. I want to know.” She said.

Why do you want to know? You were never into guys!”

And so you are!” Maelin answered. “You were never interested in guys and you even hate them, but now you're unusually talking to a guy you don't even know. I'm so curious and intrigued as to why he suddenly made you like him.”

I don't like him!” Jana quickly defended herself.

Oh really, you don't?” Maelin looked at her with suspicious eyes and a knowing smirk. It's as if she's trying to tell her that she can't hide it to her anymore. “If you don't like him then you will never bother texting him back. I know you too well, Jana. You're not the girl with a lot of patience. Not at all, I swear.” She said surely.

Hm... He's annoying.” She said.

He's annoying that's why you text him back? Oh that sounds so wrong, Jana. Come on, if you're going to deny it until the last minute, at least try to create better excuses that will make me believe you.” Maelin chuckled and then she heard Jana's sigh. “So... you're admitting it now?”

He got some sense, you know.” Jana said. “I was replying to his text messages and I think he is very nice and intelligent – very far away from the freaking Kim Jonghyun.”

Why is he different?”

Jana took her phone out and showed him so of his messages. The one where he talked about dating and stuff. “Ohh...” Maelin nodded after reading. “You're right... I think he's nice enough.”

See. I told you he's very different than...”

Kim Jonghyun?” Maelin asked. “Hey, don't compare. You have no enough basis to say Kim Jonghyun can't view dating the same way. You never talked about it with him anyways.” She said and smiled.

Even if we don't talk about it.. you and I already know how freaking bad his attitude is... and there's no way I would talk about dating with him.” She uttered.

Then... why don't you meet that Mojo in person? You think he's nice then... you should at least try befriending him in person.” She suggested to which Jana frowned.

You're not the person I was expecting to say that.” She said. “I thought when I tell this to you will suggest for me to stop replying to his text and never believe what he is saying.”

Maelin shrugged. “You seemed happy and cheerful with it, though.. Why would I prostest?”

What Maelin said put Jana into some deep thinking. She never realized what was happening to her from when she started conversing with the Mojo guy that night. She thought she was still the same, but her friend over here thinks she's not. There were also random times when at home, her mom would constantly call her name louder just because she didn't hear her call from the first and second attempt. She was so being into her textmate that she quickly gets out of this world.

And that she doesn't know why it is happening.

She suddenly remembered that he's gonna call him later. She sighed. What would she say? How would the conversation get along? Will it be fine? Will it strengthen the relationship she thinks she is slowly building with him?

If one day you decide on meetin him... then you need to have someone to accompany you. Better be safe, Sung Jana.” Maelin reminded before the two of them separated.

**** **** ****

8:30 pm

Jana was debating with herself whether she will take a bath for a while... or she's going to arrange and clean her room first. She would also constantly looked at her phone to see if there's any messages or probably even a missed call coming from Mojo.

She lied for a while on her bed and then her phone vibrated.

[Mojo] It was kind of tiring today... :( did you have a good day?

[Bubbles] Just a normal day for me... I also went home earlier than usual.

[Mojo] Oh. Good for you. ^^ Did you get home safely?

[Bubbles] Probably. I can still reply so it's obvious that I'm fine.

[Mojo] I thought so... wait. Didn't you agree that I can call you tonight? That was a promise, hey! You're complying!! :))

[Bubbles] I don't remember anything...

[Mojo] You sure do. I'll call you now...

Jana suddenly felt nervous and excited. She breathed for few times and then her phone rang. She was in panic and held the phone close to her to see that it was reallt Mojo calling her. She cleared and calmed herself down.

Y-o Yobo... Yobeseyo?” She uttered for practice and then she shook her head. “Not that... err. Yoboseyooo??” She said and changed the tone of her voice. “Not even appropriate... Yah!” She shouted but wanted to hit herself for being so conscious.

She clicked the answer button. “D-deh?” That was the only thing she could say.

M: Hi...

B: Hey...

M: Are you normally this short sentenced girl?

B: What do you mean?

M: You answered me shortly on messages and then you just said “Deh?” “Hey” and “What do you mean?”

B: While you, on the other hand... is very talkative /laughs/

M: Wow! That's cutee!!

B: What is?

M: Your laugh. It's cute and very childlike. How old are you?

B: 18.

M: Oh. Same here. You sound nice on phone, by the way. I think you would sound better in person.

B: You think so? /laughs/

M:This has been the first time I talked to someone I don't know over the phone.

B: Me, too.

M: But I'm enjoying it. Can I go to Hanji once in a while? How about we go home together?

B: I don't think that's a good idea. I go home everyday with my friend and... I think it would be awkward.

M: I thought so... but... can't we see each other? Don't you want to meet me?

B: In some ways, I do... but... I don't think I have the time yet. I'm kind of busy these days...

M: Busy with what?

B: School works.

M: I'm guessing that you're an officer in Hanji.

B: Hey... I think you know me!!

M: Uhmm... Can I admit it now? /laughs/

B: Hey! You're so unfair! You knew me??

M: I just know who you are but... I don't really know you personally. We're not even close to start off.

B: What's my name then?

M: Why do I have to say it? You're my Bubbles.

B: But really... you're so unfair. Wait... but do I know you?

M: I think you do... you would never just expect it. /laughs/

B: I think I hate you now.

M: Don't. I'm not fooling around... I think that before we could meet... you must definitely be sure I'm a nice person. Uhm, can I say I like you? That's why I want to build a relationship without us seeing each other personally. I don't know but...

B: I got what you meant... but you must seriously be honest to me all the time.

M: Yes, I will.

B: Do you always see me?

M: Not much...We're not the type to meet each other you know... and how on Earth will that happen when we're both from different school?

B: You're right... but...

M: Try to forget I know you. I just said it coz I want to be honest. I don't know you nor talked to you personally though... and I just want to know you more with this. Can we?

B: Uhmm...

M: You have no choice but to say yes.

B: Okay fine... as if I'd win.

M: Yeah, thanks... and... I like your voice. Can you sing? It seems that your voice is capable of singing.

B: I think you can sing, too. If you sing for me tonight... I'll sing to you the next time you call me.

M: Not now?

B: No because tonight is your turn. Come on, sing!!

M: Just for you... fine. I will. /breathes/ /sings incomplete by sisqo/

M: Hey... are you still there?

B: Oh my... You have... such an... amazing voice. I was... I was...

M: Enchanted? Captured? Mesmerized? Amazed? What?

B: Hmm... All of the above?? /chuckles/

M: ASSSAA!!! I knew you would like it! Did I gain an extra point??

B: Points to what?

M: Points to your heart!!! … err, I'm sorry that was too cheesy.

B: It's okay... but I really really liked it. Because of that... I promise to sing for you the next time we talk. Oh.. I need to head out to bed... Thanks for the wonderful song.

M: No problem... my pleasure, Goodnight, my Bubbles...

B: Goodnight. /hangs up/

 

She hugged her phone closed to her as she tightly shut her eyes. She could still hear how amazing and powerful Mojo's voice was. It was as if she was taken into some other world. It was awesome and she's definitely got blown away by that. She rolled herself into her bed and made a sigh.

Oh dear Mojo... I guess I'm seriously in trouble because of you...” 


*note: 

1. Yes, Jonghyun and Jana didn't realize they were actually talking to their "enemy".

2. Jonghyun still thinks he's rather talking to Han Maelin.

3. That, you could infere that Jonghyun likes Maelin in real life.

Spoiler: Another chapter for Jonghyun and Jana before we could move to our Jinki - Maelin couple. I need to write this part of Jong-Jana because that will lead to the other couple. :D :D let's make the story smoothly going, okay??

Comments!