It gets more interesting

[LONG HIATUS] ✎Highschool Battle✎

 

“Wait up!” Ms. Kwon shouted as the girls were about to board the bus. She ran towards the entrance and blocked their way. “We're going to enter once the boys arrive.” She announced.

Jana showed her obvious dismay as she let out a loud and long sigh packed with a couple of “tsk”. Maelin elbowed her and secretly told her to stop. “Why do we need to wait for those guys here? We can just fo it outside.” She whispered annoyingly.

Not long ago, the boys arrived and Mr. Jung asked them to stand and form a line beside the girls'. “Good, good, we're all complete. I'm sorry girls we are late. These guys are...” He looked at them in a pissed expression and acted as if he was gonna hit them all. “Aish! So slow!” He whispered and narrowed his eyes at them.

“Students, listen up!” Ms. Kwon shouted and clapped her hands twice. Everybody looked at her. “We're going to start the team building as soon as we get inside the bus. So... you must sit with your counterparts.” She announced.

“Eh?!!” Both Jana and Jonghyun shouted in chorus. They looked at Ms. Kwon in surprise and protest. “Why do we need to?!” Jana added.

“Because you are going to be with each other until the time we arrive back.” She said which made the two in panic and anger. They didn't want to, but because it's an order from the instructor, so they have to follow.

“You should sit there beside the window.” Jinki said as him and Maelin entered the bus. She only looked at him and he smiled, “So when you get bored, you can look outside and admire the scenery. We can just let the curtain tied so you can see clearly.” He uttered and then she nodded with a smile.

Jinki then noticed that she was struggling to place her bag on the compartment on the ceiling so he reached for it and pushed it inside. Maelin was alarmed when she felt Jinki's arms sliding on hers so she flinched and was frozen when her back hit Jinki's chest. Jinki didn't notice it because he was too busy making sure her bag won't fall. After securing hers, he lifted his bag and pushed it beside her things. He smugged at himself as he seemed to be very satisfied with what he did. “I thought they won't fit together.” He said to himself and looked down to see Maelin already sitting and looking outside the window. He smiled to himself and took the seat next to her.

Meanwhile, Jana purposely entered the bus quickly so she can get to sit beside the window. She tried lifting up her bags to the compartment but she couldn't do it on the first try. She tried again and failed. The next thing she heard from behind her was someone's laugh. “Fail.” Jonghyun chuckled and lifted his bag only to find out that he cannot do it himself at first try either. Jana laughed out loud pushed him aside as she jumped quite high and pushed her bag inside. Jonghyun showed a pissed expression and struggled for the 2nd time to put his back there. Jana chuckled mockingly.

“Don't be so full of air. Your height is almost no different to mine.” She made the remarkable remark that made Jonghyun really pissed. One of the things he doesn't want being discussed is about his height issues. Yes, he has always wanted to have a good height but the heavens might have probably said no to his request.

He rolled his eyes and almost threw his body beside him. “Aish! Really! What are you doing?!” Jana shouted when she felt their seats moving.

The other teams quietly took their seats. “Are you guys ready?” Mr. Jung said and they shouted happily – especially the guys. “Let's go!”

Jonghyun looked on the opposite of his seat. There was Jinki sitting with Maelin. They were both silent. Jinki looking straight and Maelin looking outside the window. “Jinki-ah.” Jonghyun called almost whispering. He looked around to see if either of the two was eyeing on them. Thank God no one was. “Do you want to change seats?” He said with his eyes all round up in excitement.

Jinki chuckled and shook his head. “I don't want to break any rules.” He only said and looked away – not giving Jonghyun another chance to say anything again.

“Tsk.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes on him again and just took out his phone. He also put on his earphones and decided that he will just listen to some songs on his playlist. He secretly took a glance on his side. Jana was smiling alone while looking outside the window. They were passing along the line of huge and tall trees and Jana seemed to be pleased on what she's seeing.

Jonghyun noticed her slim and pointed nose, her long eyelashes, and her thin lips. He opened his palm wide and secretly compared it to the size of her face. They were almost on the same size, his hand is almost bigger than her face.

“Aw.” Jonghyun was disturbed when someone threw something on his back. He looked behind Jinki and saw Minho laughing at him. “What is wrong with you?”

“Yah. Kim Jonghyun. How does it feel to sit with your best enemy? Uh?” He asked mockingly.

“Shut up. You don't care.” He said irritatingly and sat properly again. He glanced at her for the 2nd time.

You're beautiful but I'm not buying your personality.


 

The only thing they can hear inside the bus is the loud voice of Key laughing while talking to Sujin. Taemin's chuckled can also be heard but not as much as Key's. Jonghyun scratched his head and decided to send a message to his bubbles.

[Mojo] I'm bored so I texted you. Are you doing something right now?

After sending the message, he looked pass Jinki to see Maelin's reaction at his message. He frowned when he learned she was actually fast asleep beside Jinki.

As he looked at his phone back, he was surprised to see that bubbles actually replied.

[Bubbles] I'm bored as well. An hour more to get to our destination for tonight.

He frowned and secretly checked on Maelin. She was still sleeping. Jonghyun thought that maybe he just couldn't see it but she's actually texting back. If not, then who was actually replying to him then?

[Mojo] I see. You should get some sleep for a while if you don't feel like doing anything. How about talking to your seatmate if you have?

[Bubbles] I can't sleep... and I will never... ever... ever... talk to my seatmate as if we're friends. We will never be friends.

Jonghyun frowned after reading Bubble's reply. She meant she doesn't want to talk to Jinki ? Why ? Does she hate him?

[Mojo] Oh... why? Is he a bad person?

[Bubbles] He looks like a dinosaur.

He even frowned. What? Jinki looks like a dinosaur according to Maelin? Oh... He was in deep thought when he noticed someone on his side who was also busy on her phone. He looked at her. Jana was chuckling.

“What?” She asked in an unpleasant tone the moment she noticed him looking at her. Jonghyun shook his head and returned to his phone again.

[Mojo] That's a little mean... bubbles... the person seating next to you looks like a dinosaur?

[Bubbles] Because that person is mean so he deserves a mean treatment. He breaks everybody's heart as if it's nothing. I hate my seatmate sooooo much!!

“Serves him right.” Jana whispered to himself, the same time as Jonghyun read Bubble's reply. He suddenly felt uncomfortable and worried.

no... this can't be. She can't be bubbles. Don't ever tell me i'm conversing with this person for some weeks. Now. no. just no.

He sent another message... looked at her phone, and saw it lighted.

She's Bubbles??!!!! He wanted to shout that moment and nag at Jaerin because he was furious. All along he thought he was conversing with Maelin but no... she was actually Sung Jana, his number one enemy.

[Bubbles] Hey... what's with the blank message?

He read another text from Jana... but for some reason, Jonghyun can't control replying back to her.

But Bubbles still... interesting. Though I hate the real girl, Sung Jana.

[Mojo] You should smile...

He watched if she'll do that... and she did. Jonghyun saw how a genuine smiled appeared on her face the moment Mojo asked for her to do that. Jana even bit her lower lip and blushed a little.

[Bubbles] Why will I smile? No. I don't like to.

He almost chuckled after reading Jana's obvious lie.

[Mojo] Girls are always beautiful when they smile... so you should.

Again, another genuine smile was flashed on her face.

Alright... from this we head to the more interesting part, Kim Jonghyun. It's time to give this Sung Jana some fun.

 


 

I so apologize for taking tooo long to update.

And I'm sorry it's not longer than how you expected it to be...

Huhu. 

 But.. But.. But.. I missed you that's why I tried my very best to make an update.

Where's my comments? I missed reading them.