Be the man

[LONG HIATUS] ✎Highschool Battle✎

You're still going back to school?” Jinki asked when he realized that they were heading back to the same way. Maelin nodded and smiled.

I think I need to finish some stuff and I can do it since it's still early.” She said and looked at him. “How about you? I think you're going the same way as mine.” She chuckled a bit.

Jinki was unconsciously leading himself the same way as where she walked. They were not really talking about anything for they are not that close to easily find a topic that can make them both interesting. But the smiles and the sounds of their footsteps are enough to make the journey back to school a really interesting one.

I am walking with Lee Jinki... it's very unusual but I'm not awkward.

I am walking with Han Maelin... this is the first time I've walked with a girl aside from Jaerin... it wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought.

Oh! Oh, I'm sorry I forgot my bag!” She said and quickly tried to take her backpack on Jinki's back but he was fast to immediately take it back away.

I can bring it!” He said immediately and chuckled. “Why do you carry such heavy bag? I think it's not good for a girl to carry such all the time.” He said and walked as if nothing happened.

Uhmm...” She was not sure but she thought she blushed during that conversation. Does he really care about it? “I had to bring a lot of things... and... whenever I bring lighter bag, I keep on having this feeling that I forgot something at home.” She said.

What?” Jinki looked at her in surprise and confusion. “Don't tell me you're purposely making your bag heavier? What if you really don't have anything to bring at school? You know... during exam days.”

I still bring books to school. I don't know. I just need to carry a bag.” She uttered and shrugged her shoulders, as if trying to figure out why she really brings heavy bags on school. “Come on, let me carry it.” She said and tried to take it again but failed.

Jinki just smiled, “Are you going to tell Jana about it?” and changed the topic so Maelin would forget about getting her bag to him.

She shrugged. “I don't know a thing. I think I'm not involved with this.” Maelin chuckled and nodded as she looked back on their way and walk straightly ahead. “I think I can tell it to her... but not now. This might affect their working relationship even more. Those two already hate each other, how much more will their hate be if they realize they're actually talking to each other on the phone?”

Right.” Jinki nodded and took a sigh of relief. “What if the two fall in love?”

What?” Maelin laughed in disbelief. Jinki looked at her and he laughed along when he realized what he said. “How can they possibly fall in love when they haven't even seen each other? If you are Jonghyun... would there be a possibility for you to fall for someone you call bubbles?”

Jinki thought for a while, and then both of them laughed again.

Right. I think you have a point... but I think it could start a good friendship.”

Yes.” Maelin agreed, “If and only if they accepted the truth in the future.”

They were busily talking to each other that they didn't realize they have reached the main gate of Hanji University. Seongdaeshin's is just on the opposite side of the road.

Here's your bag.” Jinki said and handed the bag carefully to her. She took it and smiled.

You made me forget about this but thank you. I'll be going inside now. Thanks for the big help.” She said.

Oh, unni!” She immediately looked on her back and saw Sujin and Jaerin walking together. They were about to exit the gate. Jaerin looked very excited upon seeing Maelin and Jinki together. “Did you talk to appa?... I mean, Mr. Lee?”

Yeah. Thank to Jinki-ssi... we closed the deal.” Maelin smiled and didn't forget to credit Jinki for a job well done.

I knew it!!” Jaerin said and clapped in the air. “Thanks, oppa!”

Where are you going?” Jinki asked right after.

Oh!” Jaerin looked at Sujin. “Sunbae's going to Seongdaeshin to meet Kibum sunbae. They are going to discuss something about the event.” She said to which Jinki responded with a frown. He shook his head right after.

It was supposed to be Kibum going here for you... not the other way around. Did he forget he is the guy?”

Sujin almost choked with what Onew said, but she managed to smile. “No, it's okay. I was the one who volunteered to go there since I don't want to give so much burden on him.” She lied. Actually, it was Kibum who kept on texting her about going to their school because he wanted to see his new found bestfriend and talk to her about a lot of things.

And you?” Jinki frowned as he looked at his sister.

Jaerin smiled awkwardly. “I... I'm going with sunbae.”

Why?” Jinki asked.

Because she doesn't know Seongdaeshin.” She uttered.

Jinki stepped back and pointed at the SDS gate. “That is Seongdaeshin... everybody knows it, Jaerinnie.” He uttered and smiled. “And I'm going back to school so I can accompany Sujin to the office.”

Jaerin frowned and looked at her oppa in protest. “Why are you like this, oppa?”

I told you I can only allow you see Taemin if you ask permission to me.” He said. “Come on, Sujin, and you... you should go back with your sunbae and... you can help her with her things.” He said and before Jaerin could utter another protest, Jinki started walking with Sujin.

That guy... when will he start being a man himself?” Jinki uttered as both of them walked together. “I'm sorry Sujin-ssi... Kibum is always the type to just follow what he wants. He tends to be insensitive at times so I hope you would understand.”

It's okay... He is very good to me.” She smiled as she nodded. “No need to apologize, sunbae.”

I'll tell him to treat you even better.” He smiled.


OMG.. guys, forgive me for not updating these past few days. I was so busy because of school ~ stressful.

And this is just a small chapter intended to stretch my mind a bit... but I will write another update later after I finish all the other stuff that I need to do.

And yes, to those who are asking.. I'm rewriting Hello, Onew-appa ~ I don't know~ I miss Onew being an appa, just like what I told you.

Anyways, catch you later again! Comments! I missed reading them!