Saviour

[LONG HIATUS] ✎Highschool Battle✎

 

Oh, Lee Jinki-ssi.” The secretary of the PR Director said as he and Maelin reached the 3rd floor where his father's office resides. “Do you have any appointment with your father?” She asked.

Hmm..” He flashed a smile towards the young secretary. “I think Hanji Highschool asked for an appointment with Mr. Lee.” He said calling his father in a very business like manner. The secretary went over the schedules and then she nodded. “I'm with Hanji Highschool's President, Ms. Han Maelin.” He said and quickly introduced Maelin.

She smiled and bowed in respect to the secretary. “I'm Han Maelin from Hanji Highschool, ma'am.” She said politely. The secretary nodded.

Yeah... Director is available today. Do you want to meet him inside now?” She asked.

If he can -” Jinki stopped when he felt a very cold hand holding his arm. Maelin just stopped him. “Why?” He whispered and looked at her face who returned to its paleness again.

What if he reject me?” She asked worriedly. Hand still pressing tightly on his arm.

He rested his arm above hers and smiled as his warm hands quickly eased the coldness of hers. “Relax...” He turned slightly and made her face him. He put both his hands on her either shoulders and pressed them lightly. “Right now I'm giving you some of my energy. You should use them very very well.”

You won't go inside with me?” She asked to which Jinki shook his head.

I don't think it's respectful for me to be such an eavesdropper. After all, this is a meeting between Hanji and the company. There's no way Seongdaeshin should be involved.” He smiled and pressed her shoulders one last time as he inched closer to her face. “Do you best. This is a huge sponsorship, Maelin. If he say yes, then we already have 75 percent of the funds we will need.” He smiled warmly.

I understand. I'll try my best.” She said in a shaking voice.

Good.” Jinki uttered. “Before you go inside... can I see a smile?” He uttered and locked his eyes on hers.

Though very nervous and in silent panic, Maelin still managed to smile. Jinki did the same as he nodded. “You look great when you smile.” He praised. “Remember that like father, like son. If I liked your smile, for sure he will, too, so never stop smiling, okay? Now, go. Fighting!” He said and made a fighting punch in the air. She nodded and smiled again but he stopped her one last time. “Give me your bag. I think it's really heavy.” He said and voluntarily slid the straps on her shoulders. She let go and turned to enter the office.

Oh my God... this is really heavy~ why does she carry a lot of stuff? Tsk.

With shaky knees and fidgeting fingers, Maelin entered the office. She was pulling herself together so as not to run away and drag Jinki with her inside. Come on, Maelin. Come on.

On the huge wooden table he saw a man sitting behind on his swivel chair with his head all focused on something that he's reading. She supposed it was the proposal they sent over the office few days ago. As her shoes tapped on the floor, the man lifted up his head and meet gazes with her. “Are you Ms. Han Maelin from Hanji?” He asked as he pushed his glasses up to his proper position.

Y-yes I am.” She said stuttering as she spoke.

I heard from the secretary you came with Lee Jinki.” He said. His secretary is still standing beside the table. “Why is that?” He looked at her as if he's examining her.

He came for... s-support?” Rather answering, it felt like Maelin asked the director about it. He wanted to laugh, but bite his lips instead to supress it.

Like father... like son.

He's supposed to be busy with his own administration in Seongdaeshin. Why does he need to hang out with someone from Hanji to support her?” He rested his back on his swivel chair and looked at Maelin who was still standing few meters from the table.

She wasn't able to reason it out.

Anyways... I read your proposal and... I am not impressed.” He revealed. “I think this has the same deal as how Seongdaeshin did before. It was just the same thing, I think. Don't you have some originality, guys?” He asked.

But sir.. I... I...” She wanted to say something but it seemed that her words were quickly swallowed by herself. She didn't know what to say anymore. She's in panic.

Can you ask Lee Jinki to come in?” He told the secretary and then she nodded and went out.

Few seconds later, Maelin and Jinki were both standing in front of Mr. Lee. “Director Lee...” Jinki said and bowed at his father.

I heard you came that's why I asked her to send you in.” Dir. Lee uttered. “About this proposal... why is it so similar to that of Seongdaeshin?” He asked frowning.

That is not so similar, Director Lee. If you study closely, some were changed in order to fit Hanji's preference.” He reasoned out as quick as possible.

Still, it's almost the same thing.” He uttered. “Is this the trend these days? When one gets successful, others will quickly follow?” He asked.

Yes.” Jinki responded right away. Maelin looked at him in surprise.

You're not trying to sabotage my proposal with him, are you?!!

Because you see, Director Lee. One should always lead into progression. If one saw how someone has become successful over something, I don't see the point why he has to refuse doing the same.” He reasoned out clearly. “You see, Hanji, being a private and exclusive school for girls, they have taken one big step into opening their school into bigger posibility. It's a great challenge for Hanji especially now that the one Seongdaeshin did few months ago was a huge success. The pressure is on them since they have to beat us – if not – then just do the same as how we did. They're not really imitating, or copying on that matter... they are just using our plans as a guide on what they can make better.” He said without buckling, stuttering or pausing. It was like a speech memorized so well.

Well...” Director Lee uttered after a while. “Good. I see, there's no harm in trying.” He them smiled as he nodded. “Fine... we'll give Hanji the support this time.” He said.


 

*** *** ***


 

The two just went out of the company and walked together. They were both silent until Jinki brought it. “You seem to be in deep thought. Aren't you happy we got his approval?” He asked.

How can you be so perfect?” Those words immediately slipped into . She looked at him. “You utter words so easily... but you can please the hardest people. How do you that?” She asked.

Jinki only smiled. “I don't know...” He only uttered.

That is why I can never beat you into anything. You seem to be very good at all the things you do. And when I say all, it means all.” She said and looked at him. “Mind to tell me your weakness? At least to make me believe you're not perfect.” She said.

You seem not to like the idea that I seem so perfect, though.” Jinki smiled when she nodded to what he said.

That is so wrong... I think it should be a syndrome if a man is just too good to be true.” Maelin uttered without thinking. She just wanted to say what's on her mind.

You're unusually praising me. That's something I didn't expect Han Maelin will do.” He said. “If we keep on talking like this... it will get awkward. Hmm... do you want me to say one honest thing?” He suddenly said. She looked at him in question. “Jonghyun... and Jana... are text mates. They didn't know it's the both of them.” He chuckled.

WHATT?!!!!!!!!!” It felt like all the veins on her body woke up – feeling the electricity of knowing about it. “J-Jonghyun ssi is... Mojo??!!!!!” She said unbelievably.

And Jana is his bubbles.” There was a silence after he said it and then they laughed together. “Jonghyun was asking for your number but Jaerin gave Jana's instead.” He informed. “He originally liked you but as how things were going.. I think he's starting to go towards Jana. They seem really close.”

Oh my... what will happen if the two figure out?” She said and bited her nails. “It will be a big trouble.”

I think they will fall to each other thought.” Jinki said and shrugged his shoulders. They looked at each other and laughed.


Author's Comment: HEY MAELIN.. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW JINKI'S WEAKNESS? LOOK AT THE MIRROR THEN. LOL

Because I love you so much, here's another update. Comments please!!