Soon.. the truth

[LONG HIATUS] ✎Highschool Battle✎

 

Hi.” Miki automatically knew it was him the moment someone talked on her back. She looked at him and smiled. It has been three days since going home together has become their routine. Minho, as if he normally does it naturally, immediately takes the book on Miki's hands and carried it for her. “How's school?” He uttered.

I heard from Ms. Kwon about the out of town in YangSoori with all of you.” She said without even looking at him. Minho frowned. He was clueless about what he's talking about. “I need to go home early today to prepare for my things.”

YangSoori with all of us? What do you mean?” He asked in confusion.

I think it is for our team building.” She said.

Minho immediately took his phone and figured out that there were about 4 messages. 2 of them were from Jinki, one from his mother, and the other is from Mr. Jung. He read it one by one and all of them were talking about the out of town tomorrow. His mother was asking if he needs her to prepare anything for him.

Oh right. I only read the messages now.” He chuckled and shook his head. “Wait, I saw a newly opened Pizza parlor around here. Do you want to try it?”

He was almost surprised when Miki looked at him with sparkles on her eyes. The bell rang on her mind the moment she heard about the pizza parlor. Minho saw how she reacted so he smiled and nodded. Both of them almost ran to the place Minho was talking about.

*** *** ***


 

I swear I really don't like the idea.” Jana said as she talked to Maelin over the phone that night. She was preparing the things she needs to bring for tomorrow when she decided to call for Maelin to rant about not wanting to go with the out o town activity. “2 days in YangSoori with those guys? Okay, I can stand the rest but really, not that you know who!” She almost yelled over the phone.

I should put you on loudspeaker, you're shouting at me.” Maelin said while chuckling. She did what she said and paid half of her attention on her things as well. “You can just ignore him. No one said you should talk to him all the time.” She uttered.

That's freaking team building, Maelin. In some situation, coordinators tend to pay extra attention to those people who are not really in good terms. The purpose of this out of town is to pull people closer. What more could I expect but ugly times to be spent with him?”

Maelin couldn't control laughing. It's hard to even imagine Jana's reaction the moment she figures out the truth behind her Mojo's identity. She had to cover as she laughed silently, conscious enough that Jana won't hear any of it. She calmed herself down a bit before answering. “Well... who knows.. Jonghyun and you could..”

Stop, Maelin. I'm not taking any chances.” Jana said not even allowing her to finish her sentence. Maelin giggled again. She didn't know what to say anymore. “Oh, wait, wait, wait, I have an incoming call. I'll call you again later.” Jana said and immediately, the call was disconnected.

Maelin shook her head. She had the idea of who was the one calling Jana.

And she was right. Few seconds after her, it was now Mojo on the other line.

What are you doing?” Mojo asked as soon as she took the call. “Are you busy?”

Jana pushed her bag at the end of the bed and sat comfortably – as if she really wasn't doing anything. “Uh, no. I just finished all the things I need to do.” She said and took another glance on the bag which zipper was still widely open. Her closet was still open, there were clothes still left unfolded on the floor and she obviously hasn't done with even just half of what she needed to pack – and yet, she wasn't busy at all.

Oh, I thought I disturbed you.” Mojo said.

You know I'm busy when I don't pick up the phone.” Jana replied. “It just happened that you called exactly as I finished.”

Good thing.” Mojo replied. “So how was school?”

For about some weeks now, Mojo and Bubbles call or message each other every night before they go to sleep. It's like it became their habit to know what was up with each other during the day. After about 10 to 15 minutes of conversation, they say goodbye to each other and finally get to bed. That's how things have been for these two, and the two of them couldn't deny to themselves the fact that they're having fun conversing with each other.

Not so fun, and it's kind of tiring.” She answered. “Plus, tomorrow I need to be out of town for a team building activity.”

Yeah, see you there.” Mojo accidentally said. He immediately covered his mouth but realized it was too late to take it back.

What? See me there?” Bubbles frowned, “What do you mean? Are you going with us? Wait.” She started to be in panic as she tried processing everything in her mind.

I was just joking... hoping I could really be with you on that team building.” He reasoned out. “Where will the team building be? Could I go with you?” He asked, trying to change the conversation's direction.

YangSoori.” Bubbles answered, but was still suspiscious about it. “Are you sure you're not involved with any of this?”

Do you want to see me there?” Mojo said nervously and let out a small chuckle to ease his tension. “I could go and look for you... and we can meet each other.” He said to which Bubbles sighed.

It's going to be a busy day so I don't think we could have the time seeing each other.” She said. “And, YangSoori is too far for you to go there just to see me... and besides, we could meet some other time since your school is just opposite mine.” She said, not really thinking of what she was uttering. Bubbles was basically just telling her what's on her mind.

I'll look forward to that time, then.” Mojo said. “You should go to sleep now. I don't want to bother you anymore.”

Sure. You, too.” Bubbles said and hanged up the phone.

Jonghyun sigehed as the phone call ended and he looked up the ceiling to thnk about things. He felt like he needs to be honest with Maelin now and tell her the truth that he is really Mojo.

It felt a lot of difference with Maelin, Jonghyun thought. For the first time in his life, he doesn't want to just play around. In fact, he wants him and Maelin to be close in real life.

Fine.” Jonghyun said after thinking for a while, “Whatever happens, I'll tell Maelin about it tomorrow. I'll tell her the truth... and hopefully, we can be real friends.”

Meanwhile, Jana couldn't stop thinking about what Mojo said. She wanted to believe him but at the back of her mind, she suddenly had the feeling that Mojo is one of the five guys. As she was so bothered, she tried calling Maelin again.

Finished talking to your Mojo?” Maelin said right after she took the call. She giggled a bit.

I think he's one of the five guys. He said he'll see me on the team building tomorrow. I don't know Maelin. I have this feeling.” She said.

You're right, and in fact, he's the one you will least expect to be the real Mojo. Maelin wanted to say but remained silent about it. She wanted to act innocent and let Jana discovered it herself. She wanted her to figure it out alone and she also didn't want to disappoint Jinki.

And why did I suddenly think about him? She shook her head after unconsciously making Jinki slip on her mind.

Maelin, are you still there? Or have you fallen asleep?” Jana said when she didn't answer.

Oh, still here...” Maelin uttered. “I'm helping you think who could that be.” She siad. “Jonghyun. What if it's Kim Jonghyun?” She uttered.

Oh stop kidding me.” Jana immediately utter. “Gosh. I think it's either Jinki or Kibum...”

Jinki...

No, probably it's Kibum. I don't want Sujin to get hurt.”

With what Jana said, Maelin suddenly remembered that one night they had together when they teased Sujin about liking Jinki. They never had the chance to see the photo on her wallet – if there really was, but they were half sure, if Sujin really has a crush on someone, it would be Jinki for sure – because she always say something nice about him – as if she's admiring him very much.

Yeah... Sujinnie likes Jinki. Maelin reminded herself again.

It could only be Jaerin. Don't you think she's the one who gave me number to anyone of them? I need to figure this out. I'm really so bothered right now.” Jana uttered as she talked nonstop.

You should ask Jaerin then.”

I'll ask her tomorrow.” Jana answered. “We should go to bed right now so we'll have enough energy to face whatever is needed to face tomorrow.” She said and they ended the call.

Maelin shook her head again as she find it amusing that out of all people, it's Jana and Jonghyun that happened to be stuck with each other over SNS. She chuckled. Maelin wanted to see her friend happy. She wanted Jana to feel that not every man would hurt her or the one she loves. Yes, like Jana, she also doesn't pay attention much to guys as well... but they're different because she avoids guys because she doesn't want relationship and doesn't believe in love that much, while Jana avoids guys because she doesn't want to get her... and she's badly traumatized by them.

She took her phone again and sent a message to Jana.

Tell me honestly, my friend... Mojo being just Mojo, without any suspiscion that he's one of the five... how do you feel about him?”

Just a minute after she sent the message, Jana replied.

I think I like him... just Mojo.”

She shook her head... “I don't think Jonghyun can be the one that can make you happy, though...” 


I'm sorry I'm taking too long in updated. :'( Huhu. School works and stuff.

I thank you for your patience. XD

BUT! BUT! BUT! 

You need to watch out for the next chapter!!

I promise to make it long!!

 

And: I think we are going to focus on Jinki and Jonghyun first. :D