35: The End

The Pact
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 35: The End

To Sura and Luhan’s surprise, Luhan’s mother was already standing outside the door when they arrived.
“Did… Did you know we were coming?” Luhan asked, completely caught offguard.

His mother winked. “I had a feeling.” She warmly took Sura’s hands and gave her a small embrace. “Welcome back, sweetheart. I haven’t seen you in such a long time. How have you been?”

Sura bowed, humbled by his mother’s kindness. “I’ve been fine, thank you. I hope you have been well.”

His mother chuckled. “You’ve been fine? Really? I feel like that’s hard to believe considering the stubbornness of my father-in-law and my husband…”

Sura laughed nervously and nodded.

“Well, come on inside; it’s cold. We don’t bite, I promise… No matter how much it seems like my husband does.”

 

She cautiously followed Luhan inside, making sure that she wasn’t holding his hand – she didn’t want to piss his father off first thing.

The maids brought some tea and cookies as they waited in the living room.
“Go get my husband,” Luhan’s mother told them as she took a seat on the armchair. “Tell him he has company.”

 

Sura gulped nervously. Then she felt Luhan’s hand land on top of hers, giving it a light squeeze. She looked at him, and he was looking back at her with a supportive smile. ‘It’ll be fine,’ he mouthed.

She nodded. “I know.”
But it didn’t stop her from holding her breath as she heard the footsteps get louder. She closed her eyes in a mental prayer. Please let today be the best Thursday night of my life.

 

 

Himchan sighed, leaning back against the school gates. It was dark, and the academy was closed, but he had gone for a long walk, and happened to stop by.
He had finally admitted to his parents about the whole situation with Dasol, Sura, and Luhan. He had simplified it, and the only thing they seemed to care about was the matter of the donation.
They were furious – they had donated a hefty sum of money so he could win over a girl, who in the end still disliked him.

He rubbed his temples. What was I thinking?
He sighed again. I wasn’t. He had been an immature boy who m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter