16: A Little Date

The Pact
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 16: A Little Date

“You want to what?” Sura asked. She couldn’t believe what she just heard.

“Go Christmas shopping together…” Luhan muttered. He felt embarrassed asking her to go with him. “It’s because there’s a holiday gala hosted by my parents on Sunday. My mom wants you to come.” He explained.

“Do you want me to come?” She asked curiously with a sly grin.

He blushed. “Come if you want, geez.”

“What if I say I don’t want to go?” She teased.

“Well, then don’t!” He shouted, crossing his arms.

 

Sura smiled and nudged him gently. “Cheer up, I want to go. What a baby…” She joked.

Luhan gave her another glare but broke into a smile soon after. “Good, cause I would have dragged you along anyway.”
He looked at her pouting and leaned in for another kiss.

 

“That’s the fifth kiss today, Luhan. A little excessive on the PDA, don’t you think?” Sura asked with a shy smile.

“Hey, there are students in the mall.” He said defensively.

“Where? I don’t see anyone…” She looked around.

“There are always kids at the mall.” He quickly lied.

 

Sura kept quiet and let him get away with his lame little excuse. It was almost Christmas after all.
She had carefully made sure not to spend the remainder of the money she had made the last time she was employed – before she quit her job when Luhan began to pay her tuition.
What could she possibly get Luhan? He was rich and probably had everything he wanted.

 

“You need to wear something nice for the gala, so pick something out.” Luhan’s voice snapped her out of her daze. He pointed to the rows of brand name clothing.

“I can’t possibly let you buy that for me.” She muttered, nearly having a heart attack at the price tag.

“So I can pay for your tuition but not an outfit?” He teased. “Just get something or you’re going to stick out like a hobo.”

 

Sura knew he was joking, but his words reminded her once again about the disparity between their lives. She faced the same problem with Himchan before, but they had simply dated. She was engaged to Luhan – someone even richer than Himchan.
How did she always end up in situations like this? A poor nerdy girl ending up with two different wealthy hot guys…
Perfect for a drama…

 

“How about this?” She held up a red short-sleeved dress with navy polka dots that reached her knees. It was still pricey, but it was relatively cheap compared to the other things.

“You’re my fiancée – not a nun.” Luhan snapped. Was he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter