25: The Dinner

The Pact
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 25: The Dinner 

“Welcome home!”

Luhan cringed at Dasol’s voice. She was at his house again for the fourth time that week. But he held in the urge to shout at her and sighed.

“Thanks,” he said with a forced smile.
Stick to the plan, Luhan, he reminded himself.

 

“There’s a dinner tonight with one of my father’s friends. He’s an executive at Seoul Foods,” he said.

“Well, it’s a good thing you have such a classy girlfriend then,” she replied with a scoff.

He bit his lip to prevent himself from rolling his eyes and nodded. “Since you’re so learned and proper, I expect you would know all about statistical analysis and data reconfiguration, because that’s going to be the topic of tonight’s dinner.”
He wasn’t lying – that was indeed the topic.
But they hadn’t been invited to dinner – he had asked to come along.

 

“Statistical what? Data what?” Dasol stammered.
But after seeing Luhan’s eyes narrow sharply, she nodded quickly. “Y-Yeah, no problem. I’m not your girlfriend for no reason after all!”

 

 

 

 

Luhan grinned, watching Dasol struggle to keep up with the conversation at dinner.
“So, what do you make of the data?” He asked.

“Uh… Well… Considering the fact that you said… um…” She stuttered. She felt the three pairs of eyes staring at her expectantly. She looked at Luhan’s father who had his eyebrow raised and then turned to Luhan who didn’t look pleased.

 

“Leave the poor girl alone! She clearly doesn’t know!” His father’s friend said with a chuckle.

She felt her face turn bright red in embarrassment. She cursed herself mentally. She was supposed to be showing Luhan how great and learned she was compared to Sura – not how lacking she was.

 

And even though she told herself she would definitely keep up with the rest of the conversation, the whole night was a complete disaster.
Every time Luhan asked her a question, she would be dumbfounded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter