28: News

The Pact
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 28: News

Sura saw Himchan standing at the gates. He had his hands in his pocket – a habit of his that she had always thought was very cute.
But she shook the thought from her head, reminding herself what an he was. Luhan was at least ten times better looking anyway.

 

“Y-You came…” Himchan murmured, partially in shock that she had actually showed up for the trip to the laboratories.

“… I said I would come, so why wouldn’t I?” She snapped, crossing her arms.
She bit her lip – it was so hard to act cold and mean when he was suddenly being timid and kind.

She was also worried because she hadn’t been able to explain to Luhan. She had left him a text, but he hadn’t responded yet and she hoped it wasn’t because he was too angry.
Maybe I shouldn’t go…
She would probably have to shut off her phone inside the laboratories for security reasons and wouldn’t be able to respond even if he tried to reach her later.

 

“Get in,” Himchan said, opening the car door for her.

Now that he had thought about it, he felt very sorry – when they had been dating, he had never even once taken her for a drive.
This was her first time in his car.

 

Sura hesitated, one foot in the car. She put her hand on the car roof, finalizing her decision to go.
She was just about to duck her head inside when her phone began to buzz from a text message.
Mom: Can you please hurry over, sweetie?

This had to be a sign from the heavens telling her it was a bad idea to go with him.
“Sorry, can you drive me to the hospital?” She asked desperately with pleading eyes. “It’s an emergency.”

Himchan was kind of taken aback by the panic in her voice. He was slightly disappointed, but nodded. “Y-yeah, get in… Hurry.”

 

 

Sura ran into the hospital room, number 528.
“Umma!” She shouted, panting from the rush. She had been extremely worried, thinking that maybe her mother had become even more ill.

But her mom was standing by the window, turning around with a big smile on her face.

 

Her heart began to calm down in relief. She hadn’t seen her mother out of bed in ages – this clearly meant good news.
“Uh-Umma?” She asked. “What’s going on?”

“A new doctor from the states arrived with a new treatment plan. It’s working wonderfully already – we don’t know the long term effects yet, but if I keep improving at this rate, I’ll be out in no time!” Her mother grinned, grabbing her hands tightly in excitement.

 

She leaped in joy for a moment before she remembered a depressing thought – a new treatment meant a bigger hos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter