21: Revelation

The Pact
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 21: Revelation

Luhan’s father paced back and forth in front of his father’s office.
“Why is Luhan taking so long? His aunt his very sick and she wants to see him one last time…” He grumbled.

Headmaster Lu looked at his son and shook his head with a sigh – Luhan’s father had always been so impatient. “He should be here soon. Just wait.”

 

Mr. Lu sighed. He was a very busy man with a tight schedule. It was probably only his third or fourth time visiting Luhan’s school in his life.

“Ah, Sura-sshi, it’s nice to see you again. Have you seen Luhan by any chance?” Mr. Lu asked, seeing Sura pass by in the hallway.
Unfortunately, she replied ‘no’ with a shake of her head. He thanked her anyway and watched as she walked away.
“She’s Luhan’s fiancée, you know?” He commented casually.

Headmaster Lu almost choked. He knew Sura’s face quite well – it was hard to forget the student who had been the top of the academy (until very recently, that is). She had been in his office a few times to receive rewards.
He also knew she was not a wealthy girl – how was she the girl who was engaged to his one and only grandson?!

He pulled his son into his office.

 

“Do you know the background of that girl?” He asked angrily – bewildered at how this could have possibly happened.

Mr. Lu shrugged. “I assumed my wife took care of it. She likes Sura-sshi quite a bit.”

“You assumed?! That girl is not wealthy – she is borderline poor. Her family is not of prestige… And you let her become Luhan’s fiancée?! Are you mad?!” The old man shouted.
He believed in his keeping high-class blood pure – untainted of the poor. That was how he had gotten so far in life. It wasn’t that he had anything against the common class – he just didn’t want them mixing with his family.
They were different – their mindsets, their values, their standards.

“End it. Tell Luhan he cannot possibly hope to be with that girl. I don’t care how smart she is.” He ordered.


 

 

“Y-You… You knew that she was poor, Luhan. Why did you do this?”

Luhan glared at his parents. His mother sounded distressed more than angry. He had been pulled out of school early.
“I did it beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter