18: LuLu

The Pact
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 18: LuLu

Luhan and Sura were walking around his home, greeting family friends, business partners, and prospective clients.
It was basically a routine: Luhan would introduce Sura to everyone. Everyone would then compliment Sura about how pretty she was, how she was a perfect match for Luhan, or some other compliment if the people tried to sound original. Then they would chit-chat a bit with Luhan about how great his father was and they would move on to the next group.
The worst part was, Sura thought, was the toast they had to do for Luhan’s father every single time. She was a good drinker, but after like ten toasts, she was getting sick of the taste of champagne and fearful of tripping in her heels.

 

“You need to meet my dad,” Luhan said.

She cursed mentally but nodded and followed him. She was led to a man surrounded by a group of other men chatting about business and other things she didn’t understand.

 

“Ah, this is my son, Luhan.” His father said, noticing the pair. “And I assume you are his fiancée?” He asked, analyzing Sura.

She nodded and bowed. “Yes. Hello, I’m Moon Sura. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” She said as politely as possible.

Luhan held his breath, wondering what his father would say. His father was known to be cruelly blunt, often unnecessarily.

“You seem like a nice girl. Luhan likes you enough to want to marry you – that’s rare enough as it is.”

Luhan let out a sigh of relief. She passed. And before she could say something and risk ruining everything, he pulled her out of there.

 

“I’m tired. Can I rest?” Sura asked.

“Yeah, I’ll go introduce myself to the other people alone. You did a good job.” He complimented, giving her a sweet kiss on the forehead.

She sat down on a chair and watched him lovingly as he talked to his father’s friends. She sighed in happiness, thinking of the kiss that had taken place earlier. This meant he probably liked her – right?
She thought about it and sighed a sad sigh. There was always the chance he was being a , lustful bastard and just wanted to make out with her…
Stop overthinking it, idiot.

 

“Oh, Sura, you’re here too.”

She looked up to see Himchan, all spiffy in his tuxedo. She glared and sighed. What did he want now? He had been trying to talk to her quite often lately. Was it because she wasn’t a nerd anymore? That shallow .
“What makes you think today is any different from the other days? I don’t want to talk to you today either.” She spat.

“It’s Christmas Eve. Can’t you just forgive me? I’m not asking you to like me – just for you to accept my apology.” He pleaded.

“It can be New Years, Valentine’s Day… For s sake, it could be your birthday. I’m not forgiving you. Ever.” She said angrily, not being able to meet his eye. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter