29: Perfect

The Pact
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 29: Perfect

Luhan plugged his phone into his charger as he sat in the hallway. “,” he cursed to himself. How many calls and texts had he missed throughout the day?
Surely enough, as soon as phone , at least twenty messages came buzzing through – mostly from the same people, but he still received a fair amount of texts from girls.

The one good thing about a dead phone was that he wasn’t pestered by Dasol. He was sure she probably called a bunch of times to receive his voicemail on the other end. But his inbox wasn’t spared from her mass texts.

But the first message he checked was obviously Sura’s.
‘I’ll be busy today with Himchan. Please don’t get the wrong idea and don’t worry.’

 

He immediately got the wrong idea.
Why did he have to forget to charge his phone last night of all nights? He cursed – he couldn’t run out after her with only 2% battery. He was stuck besides the outlet.
He leaned back against the wall in defeat and knocked his head against the wall gently.

She had told him to not worry, and he knew he should trust her, but any reasonable boyfriend would worry.
He couldn’t exactly call himself her boyfriend anymore, but such details were rather unimportant.

 

As he waited patiently for his phone to charge, he suddenly heard a loud buzz. Sura!
‘I didn’t stay with Himchan today. I have even better news than that – meet me at the swings by the elementary school at 10 tonight!’
He grinned. If it was better than the fact that she ditched Himchan, the news had to be good.

 

 

After 15 minutes, he only had a little more than 15% battery, but he decided it would have to do. He didn’t have the patience for this. He quickly replied to Sura and ran out the door, making sure he didn’t run into Dasol.
It was already past 5 and his father was coming home tonight – which meant mandatory family dinner.

 

He rushed home to find the maids setting the table extra nicely.

“Your father’s home,” his mother announced. “He’s in his study – why don’t you go say hello before dinner?” She shooed him up the steps. “He’s not in a good mood, so cheer him up with good news about your little girlfriend, Dasol.”

“You know I hate her, Ma…” He rolled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter