Bread

L, the Cold Prince

"He's buying. He's not buying. He's buying. He's not buying." Soojung mumbled as she plucked the petals in the school garden. Ever since L gave her the bread, she has been hoping that Mr Kim Will buy the bread again and let L pass it to her. She purposely did not bring her allowance that day, so that she would not have to buy food from the school's canteen,

"He's buying. He's not buying. He's buying--" Footsteps could be heard behind her and she immediately dropped the flower in her hands and looked up. She saw a piece of bread hanging in front of her face. She pouted and took the bread away.

"Bread again, Yes!" She muttered and tore open the wrapper. L sat down beside her, he felt a little satisfaction as he saw her eagerly unwrapping the bread.However, her face immediately fell as she saw the bread inside. L started to panick. What's wrong with the bread?

"Why isn't it like the same as last time? Mr Kim bought another one?" She pouted.

"Err...Yea.." L scratched his head as his cheek slightly pinked.

"Ah, but I hate chocolate the most!" She said as she scrunched her face. The little bit of satisfaction L had had just now immediately vanished into thin air. Argh! Of all the flavours, why did he cose to buy the one Soojung hated the most? L slapped himself.

"Its okay, since Mr Kim bought it already." She smiled and brought the bread to . L stopped her and gave her his vanilla bread instead. She smiled and happily took a bite on the vanilla bread.

"Err... So , what flavour do you like?" L asked as he sat in an awkward position, he felt weird asking a girl what she likes.

"Strawberry," she said in between chewing," I love strawberry. Everything about strawberry!"

 L took a mental note. So, it's strawberry.

"Help me thank Mr Kim for this delicious bread anyway!" She tapped on his shoulder.

"Err.. sure..." He replied as he scratched his neck awkwardly. He did not dare too tell her he was actually the one who bought it.

(Flashback)

L entered the convenience store early in the morning. He stared at the variety of bread in front of him blankly. *Aish.. I don't know which one she likes..* He slapped his forehead in frustration. He continued to stare at the packets of bread until the store keeper approached him.

"Kid, need any help?"

L shook his head and quickly grabbed a strawberry flavoured one. *Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, blueberry... ARGH why must these bread come in so many flavours!* L ranted in his head and decided chocolate will be good. Since people always give chocolates on Valentine's Day.

(Flashback ends)

 

Argh, he should have gotten the strawberry one.  Well , to thank her for 'reuniting' his family, he bought it but he couldn't bring himself to say "Thanks" to her.


Sry if there r any typos ><