The Truth

L, the Cold Prince

Soojung giggled in victory as she hid behind the lamp post. She eyed L, who was dragging his feet into his house. *Bingo! Now I know where you live!* Soojung snapped her fingers and smiled to herself. Suddenly, she saw a girl, around the age of 20, sobbing uncontrollably as she ran into L’s house. She did not close the door, leaving a small gap.

*Maybe I should go see what is wrong?* Curiosity lured Soojung towards the front door. She peeked through the gap of the door, just in time to see a vase being smashed onto the floor and broken in to a million pieces. Soojung gasped and covered in shock.

“You Devil! I wish you don’t exist!” The girl shouted angrily as tears streamed down her cheeks. L stood, frozen in his position.

“How could you bring mom away from me?Now my boyfriend dumped me because I don’t have a mother! My friends despise me because I’m motherless! Are you happy now? You , this devil!!!” She screamed as blood rushed to her cheeks, and her eyes burnt in anger. L stood still, his back facing the front door. Soojung saw L’s solemn back as he stood there, taking in all the harsh words the girl threw at him.

“Mom died because of you!If mom hadn’t give birth to you, she could have been alive!” She finished her rant and started to wail uncontrollably. Soojung froze to the ground as she watched the scene unfold.

*His mother died giving birth to him?* She saw L trembled a bit before dragging his feet like a lifeless zombie into his room.

Tears brimmed Soojung’s eyes as she closed the door softly. She turned away from L’s house and trudged down the road. She could not believe what just happened. But she finally understood the reason behind his cold and expressionless face, his evil behaviour to anyone who called him a “Devil”. How can a sister call her own brother a ‘Devil’? How hard must it be for L to endure this. Soojung stopped and turned around to look at L’s house in worry.

*He will be okay, right?*


Sorry about the inconsistent font >< DOUBLE UPDATE DONE ! YAY! hw now T.T