I'm just trying to help!

L, the Cold Prince

"Beep!"

The gym teacher blew the whislte as all the students gathered in the field.

"Today, we will be playing volleyball! I need to divide the class into two team to play the captain's ball game." The coach shouted as the class chattered noisily.

The teacher blew his whistle again and this time, the chatter ceased a little.

He started calling out names to put the students in their groups.

“Yuri, Team A!” The teacher called out.

“Myungsoo, Team B!”

*Let me be the same group as him, please….*Soojung clasped her fingers together and prayed silently.

“Soojung, Team B!” *Yes!* Soojung squealed in her head and skipped towards L.

“Annyeong!” She waved her hands at him but he ignored her and sighed.

“Sungyeol, Team A!” Sungyeol’s face immediately became crestfallen as he heard that he was on a different team with Soojung. He trudged wearily towards Suzy.

“What? Are you that unhappy that I’m in your team?” Suzy folded her arms and pouted at him. Sungyeol shook his head and hung his head low, kicking his own feet. This cause Suzy to sighed in annoyance yet again.

The teacher blew the whistle again and the game started.  L was sabotaged to be the team’s captain as no one have confidence in him passing the ball.

“Don’t worry, I’ll protect you!” Soojung stood in front of him and stretched her hands up high, acting as an armour for L.

L looked at her with a bored expression and mumbled, “ Don’t be lame… I bet you are the one who needs protection instead.”

“Awwww… Is our myungsoo trying to prove that he is good in sports?” Soojung turned around and wagged her fingers at him. L cringed at the words “our Myungsoo”, since when is he theirs? He tried to ignore her while the game continued. But wherever he went,she would follow. When he moved left, she also moved left. When he moved right, she also moved right. She was trying to be his armour.

Seeing that Soojung was still standing in front of him made him frustrated, he finally spoke up,”Get away from me.”

“Nope! You’ll get hit, trust me, you look so frail.” Soojung did not budge.

L gritted his teeth and glared at her,”Get away now!” L then quickly ran away from Soojung. At this instance, the ball came flying right towards him and hit his head with a loud bump. L was knocked over and sprawled on the floor.

“Owww!” L growled as he felt sharp pain in his knee and on his head. Some people rushed towards him to check if he was okay. The teacher then permitted him to rest at the side of the court.

That totally ruined his mood. He went to the corner and gave the wall a hard kick, but he ended up hurting his left leg. He grumbled in pain and sat down, leaning against the wall. During the whole gym lesson, he spent his time kicking his own toes and grumbling at all the misfortune that had happened on him. The lesson ended and everyone sprinted out of the court. He sighed, feeling the lonely and empty inside. He looked up as he heard footsteps approaching him. It was Soojung.

She sighed at him sympathetically and knelt down, taking out a Pororo plaster. She tore off the packet and was about to stick it on his knee when he jerked away.

“See, I should’ve protected you.” She nagged like a mother and pulled his knee towards her, then adhere the plaster as gently as she could on the wound. L looked at her, puzzled.

“Next time, don’t-“ Soojung was cut off my L who had stood up, ready to leave.” Don’t do that again.” He mumbled.

He paused and turned to her, “Why are you so nice to me?” Soojung was shocked by his question and her jaws hung wide open. Didn’t he know? She was just trying to help. But L did not give Soojung a chance to answer his question and strode off.

 


play this for the next part TT^TT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzwO2HMnSdo


“Jung-ah! You are asleep again!” Suzy tapped her friend who was fast asleep on the desk.  Soojung slowly raised her head up and stared at Suzy with droopy eyelids.

“Once again, you are sleeping in the class when everyone has gone home...” Suzy began to nag at her.

But all Soojung caught was “everyone has gone home”. She quickly jerked from her seat and ran out of the classroom.” Don’t wait for me, Suzy!” Soojung shouted back. *What? Again?* Suzy burnt a hole through her friends back as she ran out of the classroom.

Soojung ran quickly out of the school, trying to find L. She finally spotted him. That same pathetic back view of his.  

“YAH!” Soojung yelled while panting.  L ignored her calls and continued to stride towards the park. Soojung caught up with him and gasped for air.

“I haven’t answered your question!” She exclaimed. L stopped walking and looked at her, cocking an eyebrow.

“You asked me why I am so nice to you,” She paused. “It’s because I am trying to help you.”             She continued.

*Help? What in the world does she need to help me?* L blew out some air out of his mouth in amusement.

“Don’t think this is funny,” She said sternly.” We are classmates afterall, we should help each other. I know you have problems, right?” She continued gently.

L looked at her with an accusing look,”What problems?”

“Well, you know that.. I don’t need to say it out..” Soojung hesitated.

L decided that she was blabbering nonsense and continued to walk away. Soojung got frustrated and decided to clarify,”The family problem.”

L halted in his tracks.

“Or should I say, sibling’s relationship problem?” Soojung stared at L’s back, unsure of what he was thinking and feeling.

L froze at her words, and stuttered,”You..you do not need to interfere.”

“No! I must, I want to help you! I can’t bear to see you unhappy every day because of that, it must have been hard to grow up without a mother, right?” Soojung reached her hands to touch his shoulders but he shoved it away coldly. He walked away again.

Soojung sighed in frustration and ran in front of him, blocking his way. “Stop trying to avoid! You need to solve this huge problem!” She stood in front of him with her hands stretched out. She was determined. Determined to get him to accept her help.

To her surprised, his emotionless eyes started to moist and overwhelmed with emotions. He stood there, shaking as he clutched his bag tightly.

“No one cares! No one ever cares about me! Why do you want to help? It’s useless, nothing will change.” He said with his teeth clattering.

Soojung was totally shocked, the cold L finally showed his feelings. “No, I care. In fact, we care! Sungyeol, suzy and the teachers. They all care!”

“No! Stop trying to lie, I won’t believe you.” He glared at her as he breathed heavily.

“Believe me, everything will be okay. There’s a solution to everything.” She tried to persuade him.

“In your dreams,” He spitted. “Have you ever tried growing up without a mother? Have you ever tried growing up seeing all the people giving you weird stares and getting all the blame for my mother’s death? Have you ever had a father who is always not by your side?” He said as his eyes glistened with tears.

Soojung stiffened at the last sentence. She shoved that feeling away. “I may not know how you actually feel, but I can help.”

“Help? Okay, you can help me.” He said as his face darkened. Soojung lit up at his agreement.

He glared at her as he took a shiny tool out of his pocket, flashing it in front of her. Her eyes grew wide as she gasped at that dangerous weapon in his hand. A knife.

“Help me,” His glare melted into a look of helplessness. “Kill me, bring me away from this world of sorrow and sufferings.” He held the shiny knife in front of her face. Soojung froze in her spot as she stared at the knife, which was reflecting the light of the setting sun.


This chapter was the longest i've ever wrote lol.... Sorry if there's any grammar mistaked -bows-

Finally updated!! omg school is killing me, but i will continue to fight on ! HWAITING!

POSTER CREDIT:HNsenpai

♕ P e e k - a - B o o Poster shop