Talk

Loving You Secretly

It is dinner time. Han’s family which consists of only the father, the mother and a daughter are having their dinner. Beforehand, Mrs. Han promised Seungyeon to bring the talk about moving school to her father which Mrs. Han hardly agrees. What excuses should they told the head of the family so that he will give Seungyeon moves school?

While eating, Seungyeon glances to her mother. But the glance she sends doesn’t reach her mum. She tsks and then attempts to get her mum’s attention by kicking her mum’s leg slowly. She reached out her leg as far as she could (under the table of course) then when she sure she touched Mrs. Han’s leg; she moves her leg so it will hit Mrs. Han.

Mrs. Han realizes something being playing at her leg which she knows it is her daughter. She looked up and defined Seungyeon been staring at her. A little head movement signalling Seungyeon that she actually forgets about the thing they promised that evening.

 Seungyeon moves her head towards the eating Mr. Han. In addition, she also pouted towards. Mrs. Han mouthed an ‘O’ with and nods several time. It takes a few seconds before Mrs. Han fake-coughing.

“Yeobo,” she started, “there’s something I want to let you know.”

Mr. Han stopped eating and put his spoon in the bowl, “Yes?”

“Actually, recently, SeungYeon told me she wants to move school. She said that school is better for her to leash her skill. For me, as long as she happy and the thing is good gor her, its okay,” she said.

A smile forms on his lips. “So, it is this thing that SeungYeon and you been playing around since just now?” he asked. His eyes trail to Mrs. Han then to his daughter.

SeungYeon grins and shows her eye-smile to her father. ‘Father does realize me trying to get mum’s attention. How could mum not know? Ah, I do inherit mum’s bluntness.’

“Why aren’t you asking this yourself?” he asked more.

“I am afraid,” SeungYeon replies.

“I wouldn’t mad for your goodness. The thing I mad if that thing makes you lazy and forget anything else. So, are you sure that the school is better than your recent school?”

She nods, guiltly. Seriously, she feels sorry for lying.

“You wouldn’t miss Hara and GaYoon?”

It’s crazy if SeungYeon says she wouldn’t. The three of them are friends since primary school. And now each of them is 16 years old. Of course she will miss them. “I can meet them on weekends. Furthermore, we can still connect each other through phone, facebook, twitter, instagram and else,” answered her.

“Transport?”

“I still can ride my bicycle there. It’s not really far. Just I need to get off from home 5 minutes earlier. And don’t worry about the road. I know it well. Besides, city is busy from the early of the morning.”

Mr. Han hums a while. Without giving a solid answer to SeungYeon, Mr. Han continues eating. Mr. Han’s behaviour brings question marks to SeungYeon. SeungYeon looks at Mrs. Han, demanding for a definite answer. Mrs. Han shrugs and motioning SeungYeon to continue eating.

SeungYeon pouted and continue eating.

 

“CALL SeungYeon here,” Mr. Han instructs Mrs. Han.

Mrs. Han nods and walks upstairs. She knocks on her door. A few seconds passed then SeungYeon finally gets the door open. “Sorry, mum. I was in the toilet. Why?”

“Your father calls you. I think he wants to give you his decision. Will you feel sad if dad didn’t let you move school?”

Seungyeon shrugs, “Don’t know. Let time tell.”

Both of them come down together. Seungyeon approaches her father and sits beside him while Mrs. Han sits beside SeungYeon. “Yes, father. Did you call me?”

Mr. Han nods. “About the moving school thing,” he said, “I suggested you try to go and look at the school for a day. Besides, who know the fact is not as beauty as the news you heard?”

“So, I still have to go to my recent school tomorrow?”

“Sure.”

A soft sigh escapes her plump lips. “Okay; thank you, father. I love you,” she kisses her father’s cheek and hugs him before doing the same to her mum. “I’ll take my sleep now. Jaljaseyo~” she walks upstairs.

 


 

They entered the school’s gate and parked their bicycles under the garage side-by-side. They don’t forget to lock their bike before continuing the talk they had during their journey to the school. “So, you are not really changing school?” GaYoon asks.

SeungYeon nods. “It looks like that to me,” sighing, “well; today I just want to pack some of my stuffs. I hope there’s no more bad tragedy happens to me in this mean time.”

“Do you want me to kick HyoYeon and her gang so that they won’t dare to touch you, even a single of your hair, anymore?” Hara asked while kicking a pebble in front of her.

A hit earned by Hara right after the pebble thrown away. “Are you kidding me, Hara? If you do that to them, meaning to say that you are the same as them. Don’t, please. I can’t bear friending such a scary person,” SeungYeon rolls her eyes backward.

She pouted, “I know, Angel. I won’t do that. Not when you have to trade our friendship,” Hara mutters the last sentence.

“What?”

Hara redo her bang, “Nothing. I just singing recite some song lyrics that been playing in my mind, ‘Sunyeoga mot dwae’.”

On their way, they bumped into…JiYoon. JiYoon is so happy to meet them especially Seungyeon; everyone can tell through her contenance. “You’re okay,” is the first sentence that comes out from .

SeungYeon looks at her with an eyebrow raised. “Of course I’ll be okay. What? Do you think I’m involved in a fight or something?” she asked.

“But you are!” JiYoon scolds her, “Don’t you think that I don’t know what happen to you. I know Kim HyoYeon really well. If not because of Hara and GaYoon rush there, I’m sure you can’t even lift your leg.”

“It’s JiYoon who asked us to go and search for you. We didn’t have any idea that HyoYeon sunbae-nim will do this to you,” GaYoon explained.

She tsked. ‘I’ve been troubling a lot of people. Why did I ever fall for JunHo?’ a sigh escaped from Seungyeon’s mouth.

“Stop it. I know what you are thinking. Something like, ‘It’s my fault. Why did I ever have a feeling to JunHo sunbaenim?’” Hara crosses her arms loosely on her chest.

“How di–”

“We’re friend since we are little. Mind you, I can definitely read your mind, klutz,” Hara cuts her sentence.

A pout formed on Seungyeon’s mouth, “It’s not fair,” she mutters.

Hara rolls her eyes. “Anyway, JiYoon; thanks for last evening. We owe you,” Hara thanks JiYoon.

“Yeah, we really owe you,” GaYoon adds.

“Not a big deal, really. SeungYeon and you guys are my friends too by the way. Right, I have class to attend. Goodbye,” JiYoon waves and runs to her class. They watch as JiYoon disappear from their view.

Hara, who is already clings her arm with GaYoon, clings her arm to SeungYeon and pulls her into class, “I’m sorry but we, too, have a class to attend.”

SeungYeon’s strong force prevents Hara from pulling her further. Hara stops and turns to look at SeungYeon; so do GaYoon. SeungYeon’s face contains something that tells ‘promise me’. “What?” GaYoon asks.

“Promise me to shut your mouth if anyone ever asks about me including the teacher. I can answer myself. You guys have the right to stay silence. Got it?” she asks with a sharp gaze.

For the first time, GaYoon and Hara swallow their own salive with Seungyeon’s warning. She is very determined in keeping this a secret from anyone else.

 

-------------------

Sorry, guys =( for the very terribly late and lame update. I know it's my fault. But, this year I have national exam to go through at the end of the year and it's very important that I need to excel for me to continue my study to the higher level. I study so hard that I barely remember anything else including my bias. Sorry again. And I live with my mother who hardly give me the chance for me to sit in front of the laptop. The only thing that goes easy with her is study. I can't promise when will I be able to update the next chapter. Let's just wait, okay? Thank you for understanding =) I Love You Guys