It's Hell

Loving You Secretly

Author’s POV

As HyoYeon wished, now SeungYeon is walking limped with both of her right and left arms are around Hara’s and GaYoon’s perspectively. Frowns could be seen on her forehead as she is trying her best to endure the killing pain she felt all over the body. If she is cluncing something in her hand and have to transfer her pain to it, the something will turn to completely dust.

JunHo comes running toward them. “Are you okay?” he asks with a great concern after he stops right before SeungYeon and peeking down to see her face. He didn’t even care if she called him a busybody now. She is on top of anything.

Her gaze shaking as his voice hit her eardrums. ‘Eotteohkae? Naneun jigeum eotteohkhaji??’ Her mind as well as her body is really tired. She could not even think one strong excuse to give to him.

“Sunbae,” GaYoon speaks, “she was be…”

Hara suddenly remembered about SeungYeon asking her to keep the secret from JunHo when SeungYeon weakly trying to stop GaYoon who is still talking but GaYoon could not even notice the small movement. She has to keep that secret. She afraid SeungYeon will face mental breakdown if this secret is being revealed to JunHo. Eventhough this is for SeungYeon own goodness but she has to consider every party.

“JunHo sunbaenim, I didn’t mean to interrupt but they said that you can’t leave the hall. So, why are you here?” Hara cut GaYoon’s sentence and kicks her slowly outside JunHo’s sight to notice her to not speak a word.

He looks at her. “True,” he answers, “I left something in class. I was going to my class but then I saw you and GaYoon carried you bestfriend here.”

“Sunbae, do your best for the next stages. Fighting..!” Hara cheers him and began to pull SeungYeon as well as GaYoon together with her.

It is good GaYoon understand the sign she gave just now. The naïve GaYoon just follows Hara as she pulls her. Before they could ever go far, JunHo catches up. “Hara-ssi, you’re not hiding something from me, do you?” he lifts an eyebrow.

“Of course, I’m not. Wae-yo??”

JunHo shakes his head. “GaYoon-ssi, mind telling me the truth what ever happened to SeungYeon?” he looks at GaYoon. There is no use for him to try Hara. Hara is a good actress. He could not dig any secret from her. She just has something to turn it other way.

GaYoon looks at Hara and turns to face JunHo after they made some eye contact. “I know nothing, sunbae-nim,” she mumbles. That’s the only line that comes to her mind.

SeungYeon uses her leftover energy to look up at her sunbae that she loves. She is, will always be and forever will be. “Why…did…you…ever…care…about…me?” she stammers at each words due to lack of energy while giving him a sharp gaze she could ever do. There is also a wound beside her lips which caused pain everytime she talks.

His contenance showed that he is shocked. “Mworago??” he sputters. All this while, even if he knew SeungYeon did not like him, he never thought her to ask things like this right in front of him. What should he answer?

“Don’t ever care about me. Get a life! Come back to your sense, sunbaenim. We can’t be together. You and I live in different world; totally different! We’re no better than a stranger. We’re meant not to be together. Shireo-yo!!” she shouts.

Her chest moves up and down rapidly. She never thought she will shout those things to him; even in her dream. ‘The last sentence…isn’t it too much?! I’m sorry, sunbae,’ she thought right after shouting that word to him.

JunHo is taken aback so much. Not just him, GaYoon and Hara are taken aback too. SeungYeon was never like this. Even if she hates a person so much, she would not let him or her to know. She will still treat the person as nice as she can; that’s the Han SeungYeon that they know.

His knees buckle. He wants to fall to the ground but he is trying his best to stay still. He wants to disappear at that moment. He wishes he didn’t come here and just running straight to class even when he saw SeungYeon is limped so that he would not know that SeungYeon hates him so much. “But…we’re not like this before! We used to practice and singing together happily,” he argued.

“People do change. Kaja!” she is trying her best to sound as if she is growling.

GaYoon and Hara excuse themselves and bow to JunHo before they pull SeungYeon to the health room. As they face the opposite way, SeungYeon’s head drops. Streams of tears come running down her bruised cheeks. “I’m sorry, sunbae. Please forgive me,” she cries slowly.

Both Hara and GaYoon are soothing her by rubbing her back. Even GaYoon who did not understand a thing knows that SeungYeon is facing a really hard time. For Hara, she feel very sympathise to SeungYeon. She is just too kind. She does not want JunHo to know about this. It will just cause him and HyoYeon to fight, SeungYeon once said to her.

Thump! JunHo falls onto the ground on his knees. He lost for words. He lost his mind. Without him realize, a stream of tears formed on his cheek. We’re no better than a stranger. We’re meant not to be together. Shireo-yo!! Her voice keeps playing in his mind.

“I love you, still.”

 


 

“WHAT EVER happened to you, SeungYeon?” Ms. Park asks while she is cleaning the bruises on her cheeks.

She hissed in pain. “Nah, I just felt on rough sand. There’re big rock which have sharp edges. Those caused my bruises to be this big. Hehee…” SeungYeon fakes a chuckle.

“That’s how the story goes,” both Hara and GaYoon backs up her.

Suddenly, Hara’s phone beeping as a sign of a text message received. She pulls out the phone and found JiYoon’s name shown on the screen.

 

Hara’s POV

Beep! Beep!

I fish my phone out from my pocket and found JiYoon’s name on the screen. I press the Read button.

How’s SeungYeon? – JiYoon

She’s been bullied by HyoYeon, as you thought. And for worse, her condition is bad. I’ve teaches those s lessons, no worries. They shouldn’t mess with my friend on the first place. – Me

O, okay! =) It’s nice for her to have you as a friend. Just bring SeungYeon home after this. I’ve talked to Mr. Seo. Oh, one more thing! Have you seen JunHo sunbaenim? He’s been missing.

Missing? Seriously, Lee JunHo sunbaenim is missing?

No. Try to check for him at the alley near the locker at block C. I think I saw him there. I’ll take her home. You’re my friend too, JiYoon =)

Haha…right; we’re friend. Nvm, JunHo sunbaenim is already here. He looks tired. Running, I think. Send my regards to SeungYeon and GaYoon.

Okay

“Your friend is okay. Be more careful next time, ne SeungYeon?” Ms. Park pats SeungYeon’s head.

She grins.

How could she grin?

 

Author’s POV

They help SeungYeon to stand up. Ms. Park looks at them with a weird expression. A just-fall-on-sand girl has to be carried? And why is she limped? The thoughts keep running in her mind. “Chamkkaman,” Ms. Park says, standing up.

Hara and GaYoon stop and turn to their teacher. So does SeungYeon. “Ne?” all of them speak at the same time.

“Are you sure you just fall on rough sand? Why are you limped?” she moves closer to them.

GaYoon looks at Hara and SeungYeon. “Oh, she hurted her legs right before falling on the ground. We were running around the school. As you know this SeungYeon here is really reckless. She fell and hurt her ankle. No worry, her ankle was cured,” Hara lied.

Ms. Park nods her head several times, accepting the excuse. “You really have to be more careful next time, SeungYeon. You’re beautiful. It’s such a waste if you ruin it with your recklessness. Aracchi?” she asks.

SeungYeon nods while smiling. “Thank you, seonsangnim,” she thanks her even she felt a bit guilty for lying to her.

They leave the room and walk to the garage. “Hold on a minute. I just am going to take your and our bag. Stay here with GaYoon,” Hara leaves without any word after that.

GaYoon helps SeungYeon to sit on nearby bench. “Can…I ask you something, if you don’t mind?” she timidly asks.

“What is it?” SeungYeon asks back.

“Err…It’s about the incident just now. Why are you avoiding JunHo sunbaenim?” she peeks to her.

SeungYeon chuckles a little, “You didn’t know yet, do you? I guess Hara is following my words too much. Do you know why HyoYeon sunbaenim hates and bullies me?”

GaYoon nods, “JiYoon told us about that. She said because HyoYeon thinks you’re taking him from her. But she didn’t sure so much. Is it true?”

 A weak smile plastered on SeungYeon’s face. “Quite true,” she mumbles before adding, "I’ve make up my mind. I’m really going to move from here, regardless of what ever happened between both of them. JunHo sunbaenim must have hated me after I shout those words to him just now.”

“You’re going to change school?”

“This is not school. It’s hell.”