Prank

Loving You Secretly

SeungYeon’s train of thoughts about HyoYeon was interrupted when JiYoon taps on her shoulder. “Oi! You’ve been day-dreaming so long. Where have you reached? Paris? France?” she asks with teasing tone.

Grinning to her friend, SeungYeon shakes her head. “Ani, I reached nowhere. I was just about to board a plane when you tapped me just now. What’s up?” she replies, following the flow JiYoon starts.

“Our turn to practice is in about 10 minutes more or something like that. Get ready, okay?”

She nods. “I think I left something at class. So, I’m thinking of going outside checking if that thing is in my bag or not. Call me just in case I didn’t realize the 10 minutes passed,” her hands moves as she speaks.

JiYoon nods. “Be fast.”

Receiving the answers, she walks out of the hall. Her legs stop moving when she found three creatures are going through her backpack. “Sunbaenim!” just as the word escapes her plump lips, her hands automatically claims shut while cursing to herself inside, ‘Pabo! Idiot! Stupid! Why would I stop them? I should just let them do what they want. I’m digging my own grave.’

Two of them stands properly while their leader still crouching down and zips his orange bag. Finishes zipping, HyoYeon stands up and give SeungYeon her best smile she could formed on her lips. “Hey!”

Quickly, SeungYeon moves closer to them and snatches her bag which is at HyoYeon’s leg. “What are you guys doing?” she helds the bag close to her.

“Don’t worry, Seung,” Minzy puts her hand on her hubae’s shoulder. Swiftly, SeungYeon sweeps it away.

HyoYeon smirks without SeungYeon notices. “Don’t worry. I just put my gift into your bag; a reward.”

“Yeah, that’s right,” NaEun adds.

Curios filled her. She attempts to take a look into her backpack. HyoYeon pushes it so the backpack will be closed again. “A’ah! Be patient, dear! Open it when you reach your house or the reward won’t work,’ she told her.

SeungYeon tilts her head a bit towards HyoYeon. “May I know what this reward is for? Well, we both know and I bet your friends also know that you hate me. There’s no way on Earth you’ll ever do good to me,” just as the words flew out from , she knocks herself in the inside. ‘Why am I being so brave? The grave is sure being so deep now.’

“Ho-o,” they laugh.

“NaEun, do I hate this girl in front of me named Han SeungYeon who sings in the school band?” playfully she asks her friend.

NaEun hums for a while. She acts as if the question is true and thinks hard to answer it. “I don’t think so, Hyo. Didn’t you are having hard time in thinking what is the best reward to give to her? You didn’t just bluntly choose. That’s so nice of you,” she replies.

Minzy taps on SeungYeon’s shoulder. “Kid, did you hear that? Why would she ever really think so hard to give the most suitable gift to you if she hates you? She could just barely buy something but instead, she searched the most suitable one for you,” she states.

Confuse. ‘Are these people for real?’ SeungYeon looks at them one by one in their eyes. ‘I couldn’t sense anything!’

Knowing she’s not going to believe this for real, HyoYeon steps closer to her. “Look! SeungYeon, I’m really sorry for everything that happened, okay? I know we’re being so rude to you especially, well, you know, me. I treat you like a whom I didn’t suppose to do and I really regret it. Let’s just say that’s my way of apologising, okay? I’m really sorry,” she holds SeungYeon at her both arms.

“Yaa! What are you guys doing?!” JiYoon shouts to the trio as she quickly runs towards them.

JiYoon knows HyoYeon’s real attitude. She’s actually a neigbour of HyoYeon since they were still child. That’s why she doesn’t call HyoYeon with ‘sunbae’ at the back.

HyoYeon rolls her eyes without anyone notice, ‘This freaking girl.’ “I do nothing. Just… Oh, well, it do not even related to you. Bye, SeungYeon. We should meet some time. Come, guys,” she nudges Minzy and Naeun at their arms.

“Ne, kamsahamnida, sunbaenim,” she bows.

JiYoon looks at her friend before continue to glare at the trio. “What is actually HyoYeon did to you?” she looks at SeungYeon once again. ‘SeungYeon is very naïve. She could be fooled by them.’

“No, just talking to each other. Don’t worry. They’re nice,” SeungYeon zips her bag and put it on the floor back. “Let’s go, Yoon,” she pulls JiYoon into the hall.

‘This is totally weird. The trio is never do good to hubae. I smell a rat here. I should tell GaYoon and Hara to take care of SeungYeon and keep an eye on them.’

 


 

“NE, KAMSAHAMNIDA!” they bow to each other. SeungYeon searches for JiYoon among the entire crowd. “Yoon~ here!” she waves her hand high in the air to get JiYoon’s attention.

JiYoon turn to her and smiles while trying to get closer to her. She sighes when she reaches SeungYeon, “Good your voice is sweet enough for me to notice,” she praises.

“Aish, Yoon!” she hits JiYoon playfully at her arm. J

iYoon chuckles while rubbing SeungYeon’s head. “Come,” she pulls SeungYeon out of the hall. “Cycling home alone today?” she asks.

Pouting, SeungYeon nods. “Hara and GaYoon have tuition. Ah, I should get used to this situation. I can’t always have them by my side. Anyway, life is life,” she smiles to her.

‘I can’t seem to find any sadness in your life. You’re really a cheerful person, Han SeungYeon.’ “Yeonnie, my father is here. Bye, see ya tomorrow,” she waves while running toward her father.

SeungYeon waves back. She walks to her bicycle and start to cycle it home. She catches JunHo is riding motorcycle with his friends. He looks happy. ‘JunHo sunbaenim looks happy now. I shouldn’t ruin his life anymore. Really, I should get away from his. I’m causing him to have more trouble,’ she smiles alone and continues to head home.

 


 

FINISHING showering, she ruffles her wet hair with her pink towel. She is singing in front of the mirror when she remembers the gift she received from HyoYeon at school. She grabs her backpack and put it on her laps as she sits on her bed. Her lips form into a smile when her hands touch the small wrapped box. She takes it and shakes it a little.

“What is this could be?” she began unwrap the box. “HyoYeon sunbae is so nice to give me a gift,” she still praises her; regardless of what she had done to her all this time.

“KYAA~~~!!” she screams as she open the box when a cockroach get out from the box.

Automatically, she throws the box. Unfortunately, it lands on her bed and the cockroach escapes under her pillow. No wonder there’s some small holes on the box; to let the cockroach breathes.

“Eottohkhae??!” she takes a thing from her desk and throws it onto the pillow. But it seems to be useless.

There’s some knocks on her door then. “Daughter, are you okay? Why are you screaming??” her mother’s voice hits her eardrum.

‘Ouh, I can’t let mom knows about this. Or otherwise she’ll know everything from the start. I don’t want to bother mom with my problem,’ she still think about others. What an innocent girl! “Nothing mom. I just fell. The bathroom is slippery. Heheh,” she lies.

“Good to know you’re okay. Come downstairs for dinner later, okay?”

“Ne, omma.” She lets out a relief sigh.

Her eyes start to fill with tears. “Why is she treating me like that? A lie after lie. I shouldn’t believe them anymore. They’re really serious to make me suffer. No, SeungYeon. Stops being such a kid! You must get this thing out before dinner is ready,” she states, wiping her eyes.

She grabs a broom and began to hunt for the cockroach.

~~~~

I asked my brother, “What will you do to prank a female?” And he answers, “I’ll give her cockraoch. And for sure, she’ll scream her head off.” I aksed more; “How about toad?” “Toad? Just by hear them, females will faint.” So, here is the result! (My brother kind of boasting a little but well, cockroach does makes me scream if you held it in front of my face). I swear, I try to update since last wednesday but the internet didn't allow me to. Anyway thanks for reading, /you!